ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-I hate Chad, but I've always appreciated his love for Paul Daugherty. So good.

-I miss Manny's Baseball Land catalogs.

-Pele's gotta light the torch in Rio, right? I mean, assuming he(and everyone else) actually survives the Opening Ceremony.

-Basic crown molding, sure, knock yourself out. 2,3, or 4 piece? Get a trim guy.

It would be basic or 3 piece. I have found through research basic can shrink and cause the joints to open up but you can mitigate that by coping corner joints, scarfing and gluing long runs. 3 piece would look great and less likely to have issues but obviously more involved. I just don't know where to find a good supplier for this.

I'll tell you who's not visiting the Ark this weekend. Harambe, that's who. Because he's dead.

Jesus, man- why do you have to bring up Harambe every day? You're just inciting people now- getting them all riled up. It's not cool. Let Harambe RIP. :pray:

Had two interesting (two me) calls today. One with a large online travel website, who said the hotels in Rio are completely screwed. No one is going apparently. You can get a room and any event ticket you want, on the cheap - and no one is biting (besides the mosquitoes, ahahahahahahah, sigh). Not really news, but apparently thanks to Zika, crime, and general unreadiness, no one is going.

The other call was less GYERelevant, but was on the economics of a used book reseller on Amazon. This company does $50m in sales a year on Amazon. For those 1 cent books, + $3.99 shipping, they make 7 cents per book. They buy their books for 10 cents a pound from Goodwill type places and libraries - sight unseen. Avg a pound per book. Only 12% of the books they buy are in good enough shape to sell. So really they are paying about 83 cents per sellable book. They send the other 88% to pulp mill for recycling for a small fee. The sellable books, they put on Amazon for $0.01, but Amazon makes them charge $3.99 shipping, so sell it for $4.00 total. Amazon takes 15% of the book cost (so nothing), but 30% of the shipping fees, so Amazon gets $1.20. They spend $1.90 in shipping on average per book. So they make $4.00 - $0.83 - $1.20 - $1.90 = 7 cents per book. Of course some titles they sell for $0.99 or $1.99, so they generate most of the profit there, but the vast majority are the $0.01 books.

The other call was less GYERelevant, but was on the economics of a used book reseller on Amazon. This company does $50m in sales a year on Amazon. For those 1 cent books, + $3.99 shipping, they make 7 cents per book. They buy their books for 10 cents a pound from Goodwill type places and libraries - sight unseen. Avg a pound per book. Only 12% of the books they buy are in good enough shape to sell. So really they are paying about 83 cents per sellable book. They send the other 88% to pulp mill for recycling for a small fee. The sellable books, they put on Amazon for $0.01, but Amazon makes them charge $3.99 shipping, so sell it for $4.00 total. Amazon takes 15% of the book cost (so nothing), but 30% of the shipping fees, so Amazon gets $1.20. They spend $1.90 in shipping on average per book. So they make $4.00 - $0.83 - $1.20 - $1.90 = 7 cents per book. Of course some titles they sell for $0.99 or $1.99, so they generate most of the profit there, but the vast majority are the $0.01 books.

Was just wondering about that today, actually. Looked up a book on Amazon I was considering buying and it was a penny.

Jesus, man- why do you have to bring up Harambe every day? You're just inciting people now- getting them all riled up. It's not cool. Let Harambe RIP. :pray:
You mentioned Harambe twice as much in your post than I did, pal.

#NeverForget

Being land animals, dinosaurs (or dragons of the land) were created on Day Six (Genesis 1:24–31), went aboard Noah’s Ark (Genesis 6:20), and then came off the Ark into the post-Flood world (Genesis 8:16–19). It makes sense that many cultures would have seen these creatures from time to time before they died out.

The biblical unicorn was a real animal, not an imaginary creature. ... The absence of a unicorn in the modern world should not cause us to doubt its past existence. (Think of the dodo bird. It does not exist today, but we do not doubt that it existed in the past.). ... To think of the biblical unicorn as a fantasy animal is to demean God’s Word, which is true in every detail.

Here's $18,000,000.00 in tax breaks. Enjoy.

/Kentucky

*Breaking that down, they buy 1 ton of books for $200. Assuming 1 lb / book, they bought 2000 books, of which 240 are usable. They sell those for $4 / book which is $960. They then pay Amazon $288 plus the shipper $456, leaving $216. Take out the $200 for the original investment and that leaves $16 margin. I'm thinking books are not where you want to put your money.

Chief and Krazy should be along any second now to invest.

*I saw the pic of the dinosaurs on the ark yesterday and my first thought was that the creationists don't believe they ever existed as they think the earth is only a few years old. So much weirdness with the ark and the creation museum up there.

Betterworld books, Dennis?

sch at people who believe in these fairy tales.

Welp, thanks to multiple police shootings, everyone hates each other now. Again. Thank you, social media!!

Reactions: wcc31
The police shootings just accelerated the hate. With this being an election year, everyone was going to hate everybody by November regardless.

*Breaking that down, they buy 1 ton of books for $200. Assuming 1 lb / book, they bought 2000 books, of which 240 are usable. They sell those for $4 / book which is $960. They then pay Amazon $288 plus the shipper $456, leaving $216. Take out the $200 for the original investment and that leaves $16 margin. I'm thinking books are not where you want to put your money.

Chief and Krazy should be along any second now to invest.

I only invest in companies that make 10-50 Billion per year.

So I'm pretty chum with this black janitor at my office. Dude is losing his shit over the recent shootings. Just outraged. Earlier this year he invited me to go to Black Expo in Indianapolis with his family. I wanted to go:

Me: "Hey 'D' we still on this weekend? The New Edition show has me stoked!"

'D': "Nah, man. You better just stay put this weekend. Just stay away from downtown."

I guess black people are upset with me, regardless. Damn.

Krazy should be along any second now to invest.

I don't consider any quick cash grabs as investing. It's all gambol to me and no different than betting on a sports game for me.

Only investment I really have is my 401K and some education plan thing I feed for my kids school at some point.

He's a janitor??

Humph. Imagine that.

Least I got stories. You add nothing cept being a disagreeable, homophobic, racist bitch since your girl left you.

I get it. Getting dumped sucks. Been there. You're a saltlick, though.

Lighten up.

Last edited:
Reactions: UK_Dallas
Mossip, from all lurkers, please get lost. You're very lucky this isn't mid 2000's or your ass would have been run. You're awful.

Maybe you should just ask for his address, so you could kiss his ass in person. I'm sure he'll joke back and be fine. I'm doing OK.

Reactions: ekywildcat
I know people joke but I am going to keep my ass up here in the suburbs for the next few weeks. Every fvcker I talked to in Vegas last week thought I was a cop or military. No sense in pushing my luck in being mistaken for a cop.

No. Stayed in a nice off strip suite for free though. Went out to get the vibe for the WSOP for the future.

Last edited:
Mossip has come a looooong way since that time he gave everyone shit for being too pissed off about the Cats losing to some awful SEC team, that's for sure.

Reactions: BristolCat
Good Lord, Stalker. I have no clue who you are or what you're talking about.

Guess you haven't come a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT