ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in my days at UK (92-97) and the 5 more years I lived in Lexington I did/abused most drugs you can you think of. Pot, LSD, shooms, hash, shot morphine a time or two, even had a nice coke habit for a while. Never did crank, crack, or meth but pills scared the shit out of me. To this day I dont even like taking tylenol/ibuprofen etc. Was able to quit all the drugs cold turkey but was deathly afraid of becoming addicted to pills.

Reactions: WettCat
Tony's is easily the best place in town. They have more than just steak, but marcus...

It's first Friday, triple points on Chase:sunglasses:

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
Well, idiots, my wife is a pharma rep for touching gout products so unless folks are really abusing their pills to combat their uric acid then I think she's on the modest end of the pharma hazard world. I don't think many reps are slanging excess product out of the trunks of their Chevy Malibus.

It's obviously a very hot and controversial topic. There has been much legislation done to address prescription drug abuse. Kentucky and Florida, have been two of the worst perpetrators.

Registries have been in place for a few years to track controlled substances, which has significantly impacted "doctor shopping" where somebody may go hit up several docs on the same day trying to get pills for the same thing.

You have to be registered and credentialed now to treat chronic pain and prescribe long term painkillers.

They have built in to our licensing process that several hours of your continuing education must address controlled substances and prescription drub abuse. (I personally find this annoying since I really don't prescribe anything)

I mean, I sort of see it like the criminal system. Is it better to let a few criminals go than to imprison an innocent person? Should someone in pain have to suffer because of the abuse of others?

Addiction is a bitch.

Doc, we both know there are probably equal if not way more people abusing this drug vs using it correctly. This isn't jailing one innocent man vs 100 guilty that you're referencing. This is more like how the gun debate would go if half of everyone that owned one shot somebody.

It's obviously a big problem, and there isn't a simple solution. They clamped down on prescription drugs and the addicts shifted to heroin...which isn't metered in dose like these pills are, and people are over dosing and dying in record numbers.

So which is worse?

Here's to hitting the trifecta for the third consecutive Derby!

$20 WP, #11
$4 Ex Bx, 2,11,13
$2 Tri Bx, 2,11,13
$.50 Tri Bx, 2,4,11,13

Now I get to sit home, drink beer, rub one out, and hope like hell I can increase my TwinSpires balance.

TriBx 5, 10, 11, 13, 14, 17 $0.50 for $60

Up $100 for the day from a tip I got from a friend. Elfsborg in the Swedish Soccer League won 2-0 :sunglasses:

Worst I can do today is +$40

...so apparently my wife mentioning that we are having a derby party in passing to our crazy neighbor was a full blown invitation to join us. There are 30 gynecology residents, a couple of my guy friends, some significant others... And our 40 something neighbor fully decked out in a dress and a bigass sun hat making herself right at home, with someone asking me every two minutes who the heck that is. Whatever.

...so apparently my wife mentioning that we are having a derby party in passing to our crazy neighbor was a full blown invitation to join us. There are 30 gynecology residents, a couple of my guy friends, some significant others... And our 40 something neighbor fully decked out in a dress and a bigass sun hat making herself right at home, with someone asking me every two minutes who the heck that is. Whatever.
This will end well.:popcorn:

I found that if you live out of state and mention you're from Kentucky it's assumed you are a Derby savant and any together is an open invite.

Reactions: drxman1
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT