ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

I expected a post from Mark saying how bad Castellanos was below that video.

As disappointed as I am there isn’t one, I am more disappointed both the Cubs and Reds let that fella go to the Phillies!

- If Moreno wants Mullins I’d think we’ll have him too.
25 with this crew would be an interesting team with 3-4 freshman and 3-4 from the portal added.:

PG-Johnson
SG-Kriisa (I think he can come back via a NCAA waiver)
SF-Oweh
PF-portal
C-Garrison
Bench-Perry, Noah, Acaden Lewis (if Kriisa doesn't return), Braylon Mullins, Moreno, Chandler, 2-3 portal players

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: krazykats
25 with this crew would be an interesting team with 3-4 freshman and 3-4 from the portal added.:

PG-Johnson
SG-Krissa (I think he can come back via a NCAA waiver)
SF-Oweh
PF-portal
C-Garrison
Bench-Perry, Noah, Acaden Lewis (if Kriisa doesn't return), Braylon Mullins, Moreno, Chandler, 2-3 portal players

25?

Imagine 26 when all those KY kids are handed the reigns with experience and talent!

This KY boy will be fighting back some KY pride tears!

Reactions: jayroon
Brandon Stockton
Come On Now The Wire GIF by HBO

- Feels like I say this every three years or so, but it's legitimately overwhelming how much exceptional young talent there is in Major League Baseball right now. And I'm glad to see it specifically in markets where they've been scuffling for a while (Pittsburgh, KC, Baltimore). MLB will never recapture its place in American sports fandom, but it feels like the game is on a growing trajectory. These playoffs should be bonkers.

- Speaking of baseball, on this date four years ago, Nick Castellanos hit a drive into deep left field.

- Not many more satisfying feelings as a parent than making sure their vehicle is properly maintained, especially before they head back off to school. Didn't especially enjoy dropping $$$ on new tires this morning, but the peace of mind as she heads out on Friday is more than worth it.

- Scott County High School and Great Crossing High School are both big, beautiful, new buildings (SC brand-new, GC only a few years old). They look great. We, on the other hand, are getting a new HS that is opening after Winter Break for some reason, and it looks like it was designed on Minecraft. Ridiculous.

- Bought myself Ryan Holiday's new book. Whether it's his X account or his actual books, few authors produce more fascinating stuff. He's infinitely readable.

- Older.

-just got back from Scott Co HS. Still working on punch list... but it's a great building.

-population/tax base has exploded in Gtown/Scott co.

-Woodford is like (not as bad) as Bourbon, in that there are a lot of anti-develpment types restricting growth.

-fcps has a ton of cash... and things are coming, but the HS in the highest taxed area of the city still has a patched together hvac system and other significant issues. Bidding/Construction is on the way... but was delayed for design issues(as i understand) by 6 months.

-uk move in was amazing. Was dreading it but all involved made it run like clockwork. Kudos.

-12 days til football time in the bluegrass. Giddy up.

We should just make a list of all the other players who aren’t as good as Bobby Witt Jr, who’s going to finish 2nd in the AL MVP vote this season. He’s incredible.
i think Bobby Witt deserves the MVP but let me doublecheck Aaron Judge’s slash line again. Holy shit… nope.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
- big fan of restricting growth, actually. At least in the modern context it almost always means a net negative for the community.

- Jasper is immediately in contention for the name HOF. Need a Jasper or two sprinkled in with the Chandlers and Demarcuses.

-managing/planning growth is good... meaning some restrictions are positive. Restriction for restriction sake will kill a community.
Plus we have a housing crisis. You can't very well bitch about the insane house prices while simultaneously trying to kill growth. Well I guess you can if you're a moron like Dr. Chris Kolb but you can't and be intellectually consistent.

Reactions: Mossip and rudd1
Can't be a housing crisis if you already live there, no? You already have a home. Is the crisis you want to upgrade and stay in the same town or county and that housing is unavailable?

* Buddy recently retired as a UPS driver after 30+ years in the business. He said once the online mattress business became a thing it made his life miserable. 🤣

But why would you buy one any other way?

* Reds chatter......

- before this weekend, plenty of media types were saying how great it would be to see "Elly vs. Witt Jr" on Sunday prime time. Of course, Witt Jr showed TF out and Elly was terrible. Oh well.
- good news for lifelong Reds fans is that Hunter Greene just hit the DL with "elbow soreness." MRI was today, so of course he'll be out until 2026 with Tommy John. Go team.
- honestly don't even care how well Elly plays. Have you seen the way he DRESSES????

* Had a Louisiana friend ask me to pace her for the 100 miler this weekend. She got her acceptance into the race (via lottery) in mid January, found out a week later her husband of 20 years had cancer, and lost him just a few months later. So as corny as it sounds, she had a very big "why" coming into the race.

She actually called me and her other pacer 4 miles out from the aid station where I picked her up (mile 62) because she didn't think she was going to make the cutoff -- and eventually did by < 10 minutes. We continued thru the night and kept making cutoffs at aid stations by 5-10 minutes, and finished the race with 7 minutes to spare, crossing the finish line with us two pacers, her kids, and her sister. 396th place out of 404 finishers. Shew wee. What a ride.

* Subway order.

6-inch turkey on italian herb and cheese
not toasted
pepper jack cheese
lettuce
tomato
banana peppers
cucumbers

bbq chips + a coke

Please respect my decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT