ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Outside of my job, I readily admit to having zero interest in immersing myself on anything highbrow.* I'm just out here trying to satisfy the prurient interest with disgusting murder stories. Okay, some history too, but most of that is also focused on ... murder. When I'm off the clock, I just don't have the bandwidth to dig into anything of any substance. I can't imagine that's going to improve once this baby gets here, other than crash coursing some things once he's in school (what the hell is common core??)

On a related note, my kid will probably recognize Keith Morrison's voice as much as mine by the time arrives.

* As if this wasn't already apparent from me being 35 years old and watching WWE weekly

Enjoyed the Luke Combs show a little more than expected. First of all I was riding the domesto train and getting to spend quality time with my lady but it was a pretty festive atmosphere down between the stadiums. Like a country music Oktoberfest- food trucks, brewskis, live music, rednecks, teenyboppers, patriots, Real America. Toss in a simultaneous Reds game with some victory fireworks and it was a great scene.

And I’ll be damned but Combs carried the stadium quite well. All fastballs. Played every song I knew and the Jungle was rocking. Beautiful night to be buzzed in the Queen City.

Also humbly shared that it was only 7 years ago he played the Tin Roof two blocks over. Quite the rise.

Always room in my summer for unpretentious good times country music.

Feel sorry for those people too sophisticated to enjoy shitty sophomoric country music in the summer. Have fun deciphering the code in those lyrics of your indie rock, hipster. I’m drunk as hell raising my Miller Lite to a refrain about how great it is to drink beer like Miller Lite.

-Armagnac and peach crisp are just a match made in heaven.

BUTTER6.JPG

Or Italian butter cookies with raspberry jam.

This could be the best pairing of all. Trust me.

* Where's Roaring Kitty when you need him?

* I suppose I'll watch the Joe Rogan standup on Netflix, and I assume it will be the #1 show on the platform for a week or two, but man.....that poor guy just is not funny.

* I totally sympathize with the French pole vaulter. My huge D once caused me to knock over my opponents Rook in a chess match in 5th grade, mess up the tying of a taut-line hitch while earning a merit badge in Boy Scouts, and look foolish while sitting on the bench for the winless Sayre Spartans middle school basketball team.

(actually, I'm pretty sure we beat Richmond Model)

* It's not as cool of a story as my employee(s) drawing richards on a construction site or whatever, but my account manager has a pet bird. Actually, TWO pet birds. They decided to destroy her laptop yesterday. Jumped on it and pecked and clawed the s*** out of it. So now I'm buying a new laptop. Like what in the actual F.

* Is it just my lass, or do all woman obsess over snacks?

About ready to head out for a road trip, and we're bringing like 17 different little packages of Trader Joe's bulls***. Seems pretty silly when I fully intend to eat 3 full meals a day, but whatev. Car rides, plane trips, any sort of hours long event -- we're bringing snacks.

* Open tryouts 8/30 --> who would be the most likely GYEROer to earn a roster spot TODAY? There's still some skill there, but some of these once great athletes are showing their age. For sure.

* The Fernando Cruz dominance was fun while it lasted. Should plan on seeing this guy hanging out in Louisville soon.
All should be forgiven if one of said snacks is the triple ginger snaps.

* Open tryouts 8/30 --> who would be the most likely GYEROer to earn a roster spot TODAY? There's still some skill there, but some of these once great athletes are showing their age. For sure.
To determine that, you might need Me vs. @Geese Feeder to see who comes out of the Lexington/Versailles region then @B.B.d.K. vs @Strokin_Bandit with the two winners facing off. Maybe I'm overlooking Richie and/or others and he/they would need to be involved.

If they need a GPA boost, then @UnfrozenCatfanLawyer-if they want a screener (if they can get him to just focus on that and not demand the ball in the post) then @drxman1 -a black hole is needed then @VernHatton52?

Well, he's now 9-8 with terrible outings in 3 of his last 4 starts.

In his last 18 1/3 IP......28 hits (5 HR) and 11 ER.

Your excitement is commended, but giving these guys major accolades when they are still unproven is ridiculous.
Greene's last 5 starts: 33 innings, 10 hits, 9 walks, 40 ks, 1 run. and you can pick out any sample size you want for Elly (all the while never mentioning offense is down league-wide this year) and what matters most is that everything he's done thus far while at age 22. He'll have more MVPs in his career than you'll have divorces.

Last edited:
Summer's Ova randoms:

- Going back to school this week. Just in time to put kids back on thin, metallic toasters with 8(?) wheels in 95 degree weather. I never understood it.

Get out in June and come back after Labor Day imo. That's how they do up north. Is this how The South thumbs its nose at the Yanks? WE"LL ROAST OUR KIDS ALIVE!!!! WATCH!!!!

- After going through a season of graduations and a few weddings, it has become clear to me that "Thank You Notes" are an endangered species. If you do spot one in the wild, it's on generic, pre-printed card-stock that has nothing personal on it other than a sticky label with your address. I'm over millennials and Gen Z, man.

- As someone who has never had a desire to own a JEEP in my entire life, can someone explain to me what the little rubber-duckies on the dashboard mean? Is that like your own little douchebag Harley 2-finger-point-and-wave? Also, how do you keep the ducks from melting to the dash in this heat?

- For years I thought that if I ever had the opportunity to get proper training in swimming, I could have maybe had a puncher's chance at becoming an Olympian. For context, I routinely beat a fraternity brother of mine in 50 and 100 meter freestyle swims. He tried to get me to "walk-on" numerous times. Just 4 or 5 years ago, I beat the school record holder in the 50 free, much to HER surprise. I was over 40.

After really studying and analyzing it, I realize what a dumbass I was to ever think that.

- Handball though? I'd tear that shit up.

-My kids start school August 22nd and I think THATS too early

-Love the USA winning the gold but man alive Noah Lyles is a massive DB. Like just over the top obnoxious.

-Saw Jeselnik in concert a couple months ago, he was great. Hard for me not to enjoy standup in real live fr though, always a blast

-My wife was unsuccessful in her attempt to secure a reservation at French laundry, despite logging in and trying to get a reservation the literal second it opened. Man, good for that restaurant I guess.

-Son turned 3 yesterday, sister turned 52 the day before that. Holy shit life comes at you fast. Was hoping my 3 year old would have some interest in not shitting in his pants at some point soon but he seems to not mind it at all. After seven straight years of changing diapers I’m really hoping I’m close to not looking at human shit five inches from my nose everyday.

-My kids start school August 22nd and I think THATS too early

-Love the USA winning the gold but man alive Noah Lyles is a massive DB. Like just over the top obnoxious.

-Saw Jeselnik in concert a couple months ago, he was great. Hard for me not to enjoy standup in real live fr though, always a blast

-My wife was unsuccessful in her attempt to secure a reservation at French laundry, despite logging in and trying to get a reservation the literal second it opened. Man, good for that restaurant I guess.

-Son turned 3 yesterday, sister turned 52 the day before that. Holy shit life comes at you fast. Was hoping my 3 year old would have some interest in not shitting in his pants at some point soon but he seems to not mind it at all. After seven straight years of changing diapers I’m really hoping I’m close to not looking at human shit five inches from my nose everyday.
You son still shits his pants at age 3 ? Did you even ATTEMPT to potty train ? Might want to get on that before pre-school. Kids will definitely turn their nose up at that shit. (No pun intended)

• Wow
Reactions: Ron Mehico
You son still shits his pants at age 3 ? Did you even ATTEMPT to potty train ? Might want to get on that before pre-school. Kids will definitely turn their nose up at that shit. (No pun intended)

Well boy this is a thrilling topic I’m sure to read about for everyone but ya he still shits in a diaper. My daughter didn’t stop using diapers until she was 3 and my other son 3 and about 3 or 4 months. He won’t start preschool until he’s 4 which is in 13 months so not really worried about that. We have a nanny not daycare so there really isn’t any forced timeline on it it’s up to us and I’m close to the finish line so hopefully soon I’ll be diaper free. Am glad to post more about it though as there seems to be great interest on here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT