ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Outside of my job, I readily admit to having zero interest in immersing myself on anything highbrow.* I'm just out here trying to satisfy the prurient interest with disgusting murder stories. Okay, some history too, but most of that is also focused on ... murder. When I'm off the clock, I just don't have the bandwidth to dig into anything of any substance. I can't imagine that's going to improve once this baby gets here, other than crash coursing some things once he's in school (what the hell is common core??)

On a related note, my kid will probably recognize Keith Morrison's voice as much as mine by the time arrives.

* As if this wasn't already apparent from me being 35 years old and watching WWE weekly

Enjoyed the Luke Combs show a little more than expected. First of all I was riding the domesto train and getting to spend quality time with my lady but it was a pretty festive atmosphere down between the stadiums. Like a country music Oktoberfest- food trucks, brewskis, live music, rednecks, teenyboppers, patriots, Real America. Toss in a simultaneous Reds game with some victory fireworks and it was a great scene.

And I’ll be damned but Combs carried the stadium quite well. All fastballs. Played every song I knew and the Jungle was rocking. Beautiful night to be buzzed in the Queen City.

Also humbly shared that it was only 7 years ago he played the Tin Roof two blocks over. Quite the rise.

Always room in my summer for unpretentious good times country music.

Feel sorry for those people too sophisticated to enjoy shitty sophomoric country music in the summer. Have fun deciphering the code in those lyrics of your indie rock, hipster. I’m drunk as hell raising my Miller Lite to a refrain about how great it is to drink beer like Miller Lite.

-Armagnac and peach crisp are just a match made in heaven.

BUTTER6.JPG

Or Italian butter cookies with raspberry jam.

This could be the best pairing of all. Trust me.

* Where's Roaring Kitty when you need him?

* I suppose I'll watch the Joe Rogan standup on Netflix, and I assume it will be the #1 show on the platform for a week or two, but man.....that poor guy just is not funny.

* I totally sympathize with the French pole vaulter. My huge D once caused me to knock over my opponents Rook in a chess match in 5th grade, mess up the tying of a taut-line hitch while earning a merit badge in Boy Scouts, and look foolish while sitting on the bench for the winless Sayre Spartans middle school basketball team.

(actually, I'm pretty sure we beat Richmond Model)

* It's not as cool of a story as my employee(s) drawing richards on a construction site or whatever, but my account manager has a pet bird. Actually, TWO pet birds. They decided to destroy her laptop yesterday. Jumped on it and pecked and clawed the s*** out of it. So now I'm buying a new laptop. Like what in the actual F.

* Is it just my lass, or do all woman obsess over snacks?

About ready to head out for a road trip, and we're bringing like 17 different little packages of Trader Joe's bulls***. Seems pretty silly when I fully intend to eat 3 full meals a day, but whatev. Car rides, plane trips, any sort of hours long event -- we're bringing snacks.

* Open tryouts 8/30 --> who would be the most likely GYEROer to earn a roster spot TODAY? There's still some skill there, but some of these once great athletes are showing their age. For sure.

* The Fernando Cruz dominance was fun while it lasted. Should plan on seeing this guy hanging out in Louisville soon.
All should be forgiven if one of said snacks is the triple ginger snaps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT