ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

9.58 will never be touched.

Put it right next to Dimaggio's 56 game hitting streak, Wilt's 100 point game, any other record. No one will ever be greater then Usain Bolt.

Andrew Abbott came into the season as the 5th starter, who only beat out Brandon Williamson for a spot in the rotation because of injury. In all likelihood he was going to start the year in AAA Louisville. He makes the league minimum salary.

And yet he’s top 10 in the NL in ERA and wins.

He’s due for regression. I don’t necessarily think this stardom will continue at this awesome level, but for gods sake why do you work SO HARD to hate your own team, UKO?

9.58 will never be touched.

Put it right next to Dimaggio's 56 game hitting streak, Wilt's 100 point game, any other record. No one will ever be greater then Usain Bolt.
It will have to be someone who has the huge stride Bolt had but is able to come off the start quicker which was the only "weakness" Bolt had. Probably will not see it in our lifetimes.

I think it will get busted in our lifetime. Most of the fastest times have come in the 2000’s. I can see some freak being born and doing it by 2050

-looking forward to the women’s races. Sydney McLaughlin is a beast. I really like the Dutch girl Femke Bol also. Some real running talent in those distances

Reactions: anthonys735
Andrew Abbott came into the season as the 5th starter, who only beat out Brandon Williamson for a spot in the rotation because of injury. In all likelihood he was going to start the year in AAA Louisville. He makes the league minimum salary.

And yet he’s top 10 in the NL in ERA and wins.

He’s due for regression. I don’t necessarily think this stardom will continue at this awesome level, but for gods sake why do you work SO HARD to hate your own team, UKO?
Because he's a sadistic POS.

Probably goes back to some internalized trauma from his youth. Didn't get enough attention from his dad or something like that.

Remember when Louisville PD arrested an Olympic Gold medalist?
loGwco6.jpeg

* Where's Roaring Kitty when you need him?

* I suppose I'll watch the Joe Rogan standup on Netflix, and I assume it will be the #1 show on the platform for a week or two, but man.....that poor guy just is not funny.

* I totally sympathize with the French pole vaulter. My huge D once caused me to knock over my opponents Rook in a chess match in 5th grade, mess up the tying of a taut-line hitch while earning a merit badge in Boy Scouts, and look foolish while sitting on the bench for the winless Sayre Spartans middle school basketball team.

(actually, I'm pretty sure we beat Richmond Model)

* It's not as cool of a story as my employee(s) drawing richards on a construction site or whatever, but my account manager has a pet bird. Actually, TWO pet birds. They decided to destroy her laptop yesterday. Jumped on it and pecked and clawed the s*** out of it. So now I'm buying a new laptop. Like what in the actual F.

* Is it just my lass, or do all woman obsess over snacks?

About ready to head out for a road trip, and we're bringing like 17 different little packages of Trader Joe's bulls***. Seems pretty silly when I fully intend to eat 3 full meals a day, but whatev. Car rides, plane trips, any sort of hours long event -- we're bringing snacks.

* Open tryouts 8/30 --> who would be the most likely GYEROer to earn a roster spot TODAY? There's still some skill there, but some of these once great athletes are showing their age. For sure.

* The Fernando Cruz dominance was fun while it lasted. Should plan on seeing this guy hanging out in Louisville soon.

*Scotty is an animal. I was hoping he could make the stand with a bronze, then he started f'ing around and won a gold medal.

*How about dude knocking down the bar with his pecker? Like Tin Cup, he will probably be remembered for that more so than the person that wins gold.

*As a valued member of the Rapid Rewards community, I received a blast email Friday alerting me they are going to start assigned seating flights in 2025. I like it. Now I can finish my beer in peace and be one of the last people on the plane as I do with other airlines.

*I like Joe Rogan's podcast much more than his stand up routines.

*Happy birfday, Bonzo.

*6-day solo trip starting tomorrow. Heading to Clearwater Beach for a little R&R (just missing the hurricane). I've never been on vacation by myself so I'm excited and worried at the same time. Excited because I can do anything I want any time I want. Nervous because I'm worried I'll get bored...and I can do anything I want any time I want. Prayers accepted.

Last edited:
Can relate to the snack gripe. It’s like they think we’re going to get lost in the woods for two weeks. Even though we’ll be on main roads, interstates, etc. the whole time.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Rogan made being a meathead acceptable. Read some stuff from the special, "Hey, I'm just throwing stuff out there." You might want to tell your audience that, some believe every word you say.

No, Rogan is not funny but neither is Kevin Hart but they make loads of money.

I saw Rogan live and he was disappointing. Just doesn't have a great delivery that others seem to have naturally. But he's the wealthiest comic with the largest platform so none of them will ever say it but he's meh AF.

Tony Hinchcliffe opened for him and hardest I laughed in a 10-15 min stretch ever.

-In positive news, the Olympics have been amazing. Kristen Faulkner, a US team alternate, blasting the the Women's Road race was amazing. Tons of action and the Gold Zone coverage is perfect. Scotty, Finke, Ledecky, Gottardi (shew). Snoop watching dressage. Olympics are just the best.

-No desire to watch Rogan's special. Too many other great comedians to waste time on that BS. I'd just watch Shane reruns until my eyes bled over Rogan. BTW, nothing wrong with being a meat head.

-Vacating wins in football, dgaf. At least we're SECing.

-IMO, this is Stoops last ride. If not maybe he goes through '25. Can't imagine anything after that.

-Armagnac and peach crisp are just a match made in heaven.

-Get well, JDrum!!

Does anyone actually ENJOY Rogan's standup?

(Going to see Marc Maron on the 11th)
Rogan has never been a good standup. He got a pass from the industry for calling out Mencia.

Maron is my go to pod these days. Easy listen and he has a lot of musicians on.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
Olympic Randoms:
  • I hate being a killjoy, but that French dude's knees hit the bar and that's what stopped him from winning.
  • The Men's 100M dash will always be the top event in the Olympics to me. So it's good to see our boy take the gold. Lyles seems like a great dude, and he's kind of a character too. And I love how he had the worst reaction time to the starting gun yet just opens it up.
  • All that said, the novelty of the 100M seems to have worn off. I kind of feel like Bolt "broke" the sport. He just looked better in it than everyone else, so now it's a let down.
  • The Chinese swimmers are some cheating bastards.

Reactions: rudd1
-I listen to quite a bit of comedy on the Sirius/XM whilst driving.

-Rogan isn't good at stand up.

-I loathe Marc Maron... whiney/acerbic/bitter/self-loathing north easterner shtick. Boring AF. Not funny, just sad.

^maybe his podcast is good. I'll never know. I read books.

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
My husband watched half the Rogan special in the other room this weekend and I didn't hear him laugh once. Meanwhile, we saw Kam Patterson this weekend (the "I like rocks" guy who's on Kill Tony all the time) and he had us cry-laughing.

Usain Bolt's records will be broken, but like Simone Biles, I think it'll be a good while before there's another sprinter/gymnast who will be dominant the way they are/were. Semi-related, how in the hell did we declare winners of races like the 100m before slo-mo/instant replay?!

Saturday I was bourbon drunk and eating Taco Bell when my nephews friends turned Rogan on. Barely paying attention at all when my 12YO forgot I was in the room and blurted out “Why TF is this guy talking about donkey cum”.

Pretty sure that won’t get anymore play in our house.

Saturday I was bourbon drunk and eating Taco Bell when my nephews friends turned Rogan on. Barely paying attention at all when my 12YO forgot I was in the room and blurted out “Why TF is this guy talking about donkey cum”.

Pretty sure that won’t get anymore play in our house.
Your nephew was the funniest part of the show.

-I loathe Marc Maron... whiney/acerbic/bitter/self-loathing north easterner shtick. Boring AF. Not funny, just sad.

^maybe his podcast is good. I'll never know. I read books.
I cant stand his "stand up", its really not stand up but a one man show. I like the podcast because he is a good interviewer and variety iof guests. He does some of the self loathing stuff in the intros so I just forward through that part.

I read a ton as well but prefer pods while commuting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT