ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO: New Look

I'd like to put this up for contention:

ucl-cropped_zpsmneefbur.jpg
Yeah - we'll be seeing that one eventually.

Reactions: RibsAndWhiteBread
Chad didn't come along before BBdK...I was posting from about 98 on...from alliancesports.com/UK, over to UBB, and on from there.

Had several usernames perma-banned, and had to keep signing up again. Had this one since 2003, apparently.

KY_Gumbyfied Knoctaball
BlueBalldeKnoct
BBdeKnoct
BBdK

(and some other variations I'm forgetting)

...and finally, B.B.d.K.

It was a rough go for me back in the Keith, Darrell, SmokeyPole days. Those guys HATED me. If it weren't for CMD, I'd probably have been banned from Rivals HQ. :)

There must've been a changeover to a new system or something on May 29, 2001. No way JHB, Beavis, and I all joined on the same day.

I have May 29, 2001 too so I assume it included anyone prior to that date.

Maybe it was the switch from Alliance Sports?

-Newman has a James Robinson-esque vibe about him.

-Goodness, Murray was smooth. Everything just looked effortless out there. And that came in the most competitive of the all-star games. There was actually some semblance of defense being played(or attempted).

-Taking the girls to UK softball tonight. Not ecstatic, but a fun dad-daughter time, and they're playing UL, so it will be fun to cheer for them.

-Don't like the new format, but like anything else, none of us will even notice it after another couple of weeks or so.

Between BBdK liking all of his own posts still and Tommy still SnapChatting himself driving and lip-synching, some of you guys need to get out of the '00s. jmho

We need to give the nickname "Hollywood" to someone.

Hollywood Willis
Hollywood Pee
Hollywood Tyler
Hollywood Hawkins (WINNER)

New format shows if someone is online and what the last thread they viewed was.

Guess we'll find out who likes all those Bob posts now.

Last edited:
So evidently you "earn" awards for how often you visit the site. Current level ADDICTED.

Wrong rivals.

Everyone here has been grandfathered at the level of "Giving back alley ZJs for another refresh"

Addicted please.

Reactions: _Chase_
Yeah, but if UK gets Shabazz, we're not starting Mays at SG and playing Goodwin and Poythress out of position in 2013.

Reactions: assistbyhawkins
~ Series 65 in a few weeks. Ish is tough.
~ Found closure in the season finally. I kept worrying about how everyone else will remember this team when that doesn't matter. I choose to remember just how beautifully they played the game.
~ Meh on the new board. If it means less RivAIDS, I'm for it.
~ Pretty sure I joined the day BCG nearly got Cutleraped on the news.

This new format sucks so bad that it's actually fun and a challenge, at least a challenge for me:rolleyes:

Pretty sure I started my online message board life summer of 2000. Spent weeks talking ish to UL fans how we were going to emasculate them again in Papa Johns like we did opening that place in '98.

And then the thunderstorm OT loss happened
:mad:
So all bannings are now erased? Sweet, I can bide my time until swooping in on Howie's site for some fun blastings.

Count me as another who would be happy if we "missed" out on Newman. Never like the cut of his jib.

Murray, Diallo, and Mulder would get me moving again.;)
Yes.

*Put me in Bbdk's camp re: Newman. Not a fish I would toss back if we got him, I just don't like his vibe and he does seem overrated compared to how he's been billed as the "next big thing". I'll go as far to say that Mulder might even be the better addition factoring in fit.

*I don't even know how to make an avatar.

*I remember switching over from the UBB board, that caused some serious angst as well. Loling to myself thinking about those days, the habitual linestepping our group was involved in (I was by far the most tame, shocking, I know). But, some of those old posters and admins were seriously uptight...hell, I got called to the carpet for posting a fake practice report in which I called Bobby Perry "the best white player on the team".

Started on the UBB forum as Kingcat but that was take here so. My earliest online message memories was on some general basketball site I can't remember in 97 because I remember going on their and bragging about getting back to the finals. Holy Christ going on 20 years.

Are we talking 2015 or 2016 for Jamal? Seems he hasn't reclassified yet to 2015.

- November 2004

- I like it, on mobile especially... TBD for laptop

- I think we get Murray and that might be it... But we'll be fine. Top 3 class plus a top 15 team returning.

Are we talking 2015 or 2016 for Jamal? Seems he hasn't reclassified yet to 2015.

Meyer said he expects him to reclassify. I've heard multiple people say that. No reason for him not to, really.

(embedded Youtube videos are an epic win. If it wasn't white on white on white I'd say it's a homerun. Everything else is great, but the page itself is blinding.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT