ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO: New Look

Looking for something and I stubbled upon this classic…

AVC.gif

2009. Unbelievable how time flies.

Late, but did they bring back creepy Glenn on Mad Men just to have the guy killed in 'Nam? Also, is creepy Glenn on Mad Men supposed to be creepy, or is the kid just that awkward an actor who Possibly only got the gig because his dad is the producer? Finally, did creepy Glenn on Mad Men have fake chest hair crawling up his neck?

I discussed this with my wife while we were watching the last episode. Based on the fact that his Dad is the producer, and yet he only has two credits listed on IMDB (Mad Men and Weird Science 2: Strange Chemistry :eek:), I'm going with he's actually creepy Glen in real life and is not just acting. He's just being himself, a super awkward weirdo, and that just happens to be exactly what the part calls for.

Going with a nice manly pic of Towles in that snazzy blue/black/chrome uni combo

Think the ignore list has been completely erased, that sucks

It was a close call between DIABEETUS and Creepy Small Wonder Girl. I may just rotate some classics over the next few days.

I signed up (with this account) the afternoon of the Patrick Sparks shot over Louisville. I remember it like it was yesterday. Pretty sure I was responding to either Howie or zipp.

Didn't feel right using the rolleyes. I think it's 80 that's used it forever. Just didn't feel right.

I signed up (with this account) the afternoon of the Patrick Sparks shot over Louisville. I remember it like it was yesterday. Pretty sure I was responding to either Howie or zipp.

Watched that one in my apartment with with Showkiller. What a freaking game.

Anyone been over to Peegs to see if they've all killed themselves over not being able post in their wack ass Subject-driven style? :oops:
Just took a look overe there. Yep... they're upset that "thread" view is no longer an option. God that's a bizarre, janky layout to grow fond of.

Reactions: cat_chaser
My initial screen name was something like "BlandingCatsfan"o_O (easily the worst name ever on catspause) that was created circa 2002 in my one semester as an RA before I wasnt invited back as an employee. Think i only had a few posts over like 2-3 years and then i went silent until the dreamland logo appeared.

I apparently violated the "overnight policy" as an RA where you could only be off campus like 3-4 nights per semester and that just didnt really work for me.

So what are the chances that Canuck Jamal Murray reclassifies?

He was super smooth at the Hoops Summit. Loved his game. You'd think with Thornton moving up to suck off K we make a heavy push.

No?

It's pretty amazing that that kid became universally known as "Creepy Glen" almost immediately. It's like the "creep recognition" portions of our reptilian brains collectively fired all at once.

So what are the chances that Canuck Jamal Murray reclassifies?

He was super smooth at the Hoops Summit. Loved his game. You'd think with Thornton moving up to suck off K we make a heavy push.

No?

Using the ol' Common Sense Test, I'd say there's no way he stays in 2016. Why would he? He's 18 already. His stock is sky high. Love hearing that Payne and Cal met with him for over two hours on Sunday. If Newman balks, I'd say we have a really good chance.

Basing it solely off one game, he's 2nd or 3rd most impressive player in the class with Simmons and Labissiere. He'd fit in perfectly with Briscoe and Ulis in a 3-guard mad-dog attacking lineup.

Gotta love company-paid breakfast with biscuits 'n gravy while they beat us over the head with reducing healthcare costs.

So we had a guy show up to interview not wearing a suit. Guy was in a pair of khakis and a walmart checkered button-down. He's been an engineer for a decade and we do all right financially. That's a bit unprofessional to me.

There must've been a changeover to a new system or something on May 29, 2001. No way JHB, Beavis, and I all joined on the same day. I remember talking about all the Y2K predictions, so I've been here since at least 99. JHB and BlueKel are the only GYERO regulars I think may have been around that long. I didn't realize Chad came along a full year and a half before BBdK.

Newman didn't really stick out much in his vaunted All-Star game tour, FWIW.

Now yes, I know that you can't base too much of a bunch of pickup games. But if you're an electric combo guard who can't get it going in 3 games with virtually no defense (Hoops Summit withstanding) it's something worth mentioning, IMO.

He just didn't look like one of the class's alpha dogs out there. My wag is he ends up at Starkville, gets his, and bolts and ends up becoming an NBA journeyman. Whatever.

But I thought that mama's boy Zimmerman was going to UK, too. So WTF, I guess.

I had another name before this that was also banned, can't remember what it was. I started posting right before the Darius Rice recruiting saga, so circa 1999?

Newman didn't really stick out much in his vaunted All-Star game tour, FWIW.

Now yes, I know that you can't base too much of a bunch of pickup games. But if you're an electric combo guard who can't get it going in 3 games with virtually no defense (Hoops Summit withstanding) it's something worth mentioning, IMO.

He just didn't look like one of the class's alpha dogs out there. My wag is he ends up at Starkville, gets his, and bolts and ends up becoming an NBA journeyman. Whatever.

But I thought that mama's boy Zimmerman was going to UK, too. So WTF, I guess.

Newman showed flashes of dominance where you saw "it." BBdK doesn't like him at all. I'd love to see what Cal could do with him.

My take on Newman has been the same going on 2 years...and I GOT BLASTED (actually, I did) for it.

Seems to be the common sentiment now, though.

He's a good player, I'd take him given our circumstances...but he's never been on my Top 5 list, or even top 10 for *this* class. Just doesn't seem to fit here. He's in that Selby/Mayo category. Cal would reign him in some, but again, it just doesn't seem like the fit here.

He belongs at Miss St, or somewhere he can shoot 37%, average 22, and go to the NBA and be just "another" gunner off someone's bench, imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT