ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lull…

This Yankee team is special. Juan Soto is such a good hitter… very impressed seeing his approach every day. 25 years old, he’s figured it out at an age where the typical compilers are on their last legs. Tough comparing him to anyone… plus, Stanton on a streak of hitting velo laser beams. Fun. Good residual vibes for UKMBB too. When Yanks win, Cats win. Settled Science. Get back DJ, Cole & the Alien… full steam ahead

Nice seeing Stoops sending a bon voyage Tweet to Cal. A final 🖕🏻.

Last edited:
Sounds like a SHAGARI SAFARI
WRIpkEgHdIC7tYL7KZ_q5V6eiu3si1_Osw0cFrxvN6BZNGy7hwggUU7fkXFXJewWehxyhA66dnhP_eRQ_1D1lBL0yKOxvuuTou8R_zh_qnrQrI3m8RfGLOA

Joey Votto is a future Hall of Famer and a hitting savant, and Soto is probably a better version of him.

Rowland said that Hurley met with Mitch on Zoom today at 2 and a poster on KSR who said he has a source in the athletic department said it went well
It seems like such a long shot but damn. I think Drew will do well and have 0 problem with the hire. But part of me is gonna be bummed if he takes it before we know Hurley was a no.

Jayroon has spoken. And it will be so.
It’s possible they are negotiating with both simultaneously and Drew’s offer is a noncommittal one in which he’d basically be on retainer if Hurley says no. Drew has a deadline to accept by 6pm so I’m guessing Hurley has the same timeline.

It could also be simply the first that accepts it gets it. Also, the longer this drags out with Drew the more likely he stays put.

It’s possible they are negotiating with both simultaneously and Drew’s offer is a noncommittal one in which he’d basically be on retainer if Hurley says no. Drew has a deadline to accept by 6pm so I’m guessing Hurley has the same timeline.

It could also be simply the first that accepts it gets it. Also, the longer this drags out with Drew the more likely he stays put.
Who do you think our coach will be oh great one?

Who do you think our coach will be oh great one?
As of now in likelihood of happening-
1-Drew
2-Donovan
3-Hurley

If we get beyond those 3, I don’t know at this point but I like Beard the most personally in that next tier of coaches. Aside from the DV issues he had, he also likes to throw one back too, so Mitch could have potential Billy G flashbacks with him that are likely unwarranted.

• Love
Reactions: krazykats
Jack Pilgrim saying something a little different.
Yeah I’m listening to that too but the smell test doesn’t tell us anyone in their right mind would prefer Drew over Hurley as he’s suggesting.

I have doubts on what he’s saying in that Mitch is or should be concerned he’d eventually leave for the NBA. If that’s the case then go get Bucky or Oats or whomever is the hot name in 4-5 years. He’ll likely be retired by then anyway.

Mitch could be using that possibly that as an excuse to hire his friend though. Apparently, the boosters have gotten involved to the extent that they are trying to make sure Mitch offers Hurley too instead of zoning in on just Drew.

Last edited:
Consider me skeptical that Jack Pilgrim knows a damn thing. Like PTI, I think Hurley is a pipe dream. Barnhart has to ask but that's about as firm a no as you're ever going to get.
Yeah he’s been hellbent we should offer Hurley first until now. Fortunately, it sounds like some boosters are rattling enough cages to make sure Mitch doesn’t leave out Hurley.

Mitch is scared of Type A personalities from the NE?

Scott Drew is certainly the "safe" hire* No drama, no huge bombastic ego to rock the boat, will defintely win enough to not flop. IOW, He'll do a great job here.

Hurley is a swing for the fence hire. He's a better coach, but definitely brings the potential for "awkward" personality clashes.

*So, why would Mitch care? His relationship with our recently departed coach tells you exactly why he might care...

Last edited:
- Haven’t for a second thought Hurley was coming here. Doesn’t pass the ol’ wcc common sense test. We’re just going to have to beat him.

- I love Billy D but does anyone really trust waiting for his wishy-washy azz?

- My #1 was always Oats. Still is. Don’t get why we didn’t drop him a bag. I liked his attitude and upside. Whatever.

- Drew is a damn fine coach and if it was 2022, people would be hella pumped across the board. He’s good to great in nearly every aspect of college coaching. And he’ll be a nice fit and change of pace here. I am very excited. Talented evaluation.Developing players. Shutting TF up every once in awhile - what?

- Plus I like Edgecomb and Asemota, and have been wishing for a decade we’d recruit guys like Robert Wright. LFG

- Longtime Chase hater but man it was good seeing him in here again. Same with ktatum and Gtown both of whom I also wish would diaf. Hope you all are doing well.

- This one goes out to the BJWs absurdly still pining for Pitino during this coaching search:

I have had this theory for a long time as well, and had someone who’s spent a lot of time w him tell me they think the same.
lol I don’t think you know what dementia is like.

Cal is a narcissist that created his own world and just lived with sycophants until it got so bad he had no idea MOST of the fans were like GTFO.

He created and became a victim of living a pretty untouchable life in Lexington.

Dementia is huge mood swings, not remembering you just ate, walking down roads with no idea where you’re going, washing your hands for 7 minutes 8x/day, not comprehending why you can’t drive or live alone anymore, etc.

Cal’s self-created Truman Show just collapsed at a time he thought that was impossible.

Look at his face in the Arkansas video. He looks like he is realizing how badly he touched up and now has to spend at least two years on the sidelines there.

Think I would’ve reneged and told people I actual was diagnosed with dementia and can’t coach anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT