ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a hobby of mine. I track sports teams, musicians, etc. I just like seeing the logistics of it all, fascinates me for some reason. I also track when crashes happen to see if I can figure out the moment everything went wrong and what their options for landing were.

Bunch of plane watching weirdos lol, don’t you think they could just zoom if they wanted and no one would be the wiser?

Not if the wife doesn’t want to move and you want her to see the place she is saying no to before you walk away from a different life forever!

Hell I’m building a 1/2 mile away from my current residence and convincing my wife has been rough.

Drew is all in, but it’s his wife that will need convincing.

Drew is Mitch number one target and boosters are behind it and will support it, but taking a wild swing at Hurley just in case they connect on a high fastball. Not that this is groundbreaking news.

Circling back to Monday and Tuesday. What took place with Cal getting cold feet was byproduct of what essentially was what one could consider a coup attempt of MB and circumnavigating around him and potentially forcing a departure of MB afterwards, via Dwayne Peavy. Peavy was involved.

Other side note is that Cal was taken aback that recruits and potentially players of not following him to Arky. Players are none too happy.

I feel like we have had enough smoke blown up our collective asses by Cal that we can't see another good coach having the same success here. The tradition, the prestige, the passion of the BBN ***combined*** with Coach Cal's gift of gab and record of success with getting players to the NBA is what got all those 5-star players to come our way. Cal ultimately failed because actually learning to play defense and work with other teammates was essentially left as independent study rather than hands-on instruction from Cal.

Drew has 3 5-star freshmen in his incoming class for next year, and he was able to do that at a school that aside from Drew has no winning tradition, no history of greatness, and no rabid fanbase. So he has to have the salesman part down to get 5-stars to come to a barren wasteland like Waco.

And, most importantly, he will actually coach these kids in practice and in-game to make them better. Take what he was doing at Baylor, combine it with what Kentucky brings to the table, and success is virtually guaranteed, and even greater success than Cal had is more likely than not.

Its a hobby of mine. I track sports teams, musicians, etc. I just like seeing the logistics of it all, fascinates me for some reason. I also track when crashes happen to see if I can figure out the moment everything went wrong and what their options for landing were.
I’m teasing, I made a point the other day what a waste of life that is to me, yet acknowledging I do plenty of things people would consider a waste of time. I won’t do it but I’ll let you all fill me in lol.

Just read The Athletic piece. Cal is full of it. Piece included comments from Barnes and Izzo as well as Boogie, which we knew was coming, but on the surface not too bad. The smear has begun.

Oh, you know why Cal didn’t take the UCLA job? Because they don’t charter to road games, or at least they didn’t in 2019. He was hoping Cronin bolted this year.

It's time for Mitch to step it up. Do what must be done to future proof this program.
Andy-King-Fyre-Festival-own-show.jpg

PTI(pti) convincing himself that NIL is irrelevant to today's success; which is luring/keeping top players & COACHES is hilarious. He averages a post/text a day flaunting his weird little hot take.

Funnier yet, he keeps using Hurley/UConn as his "gotcha" tag. Hey dipshit, here is UConn's 22/23 NIL Summary & National Rank:

Total NIL Compensation#4
Total NIL Activities#23
Avg. NIL Compensation Per Activity#1
Avg. NIL Compensation Per Athlete#3

You do realize they had the best Transfer, Best Freshman prospect, and and best returning Big not named Edey in the nation, right? Good thing they didn't need NIL!!!!

Cal sucking ass is irrelevant.

Last edited:
My commentary had nothing to do with Cal. It's a skill many of you are gonna have to really work hard at, but it's possible to talk hoops without looping in John Calipari. Promise

PTI(pti) literally mocks any mention of NIL, and is convinced it's "not really much money like ya'll think". K

Last edited:
I don't think the NIL numbers these guys are hoping to earn has really come to fruition yet. Per On3, the top NIL earner last year was Bronny James, followed by a dude who has 1 arm.

NIL transfer numbers are easy to find, and it's becoming more transparent by the day. Ballo is commanding 800+, for example.

Edwards at Louisville just got 750. That's pretty significant to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT