ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cal was so bad at the end with all the things he just refused to do that I'm excited literally just for things to be possible again. A zone is possible. The Maui invitational is possible. Getting a straight answer on an injury is possible. It's very exciting.
Playing IU?

Reactions: sinker16
UCLA had to hire cronin.
IU had to hire Woodson.
Lville had to hire dork shit face.
UConn had to hire Hurley (grand slam now but not at that time).
FLA had to hire golden.
Michigan hired the dude from FAU.

Getting Scott Drew is 10x better than any of these hires at the time of the hire. I’ll gladly take him. My expectations remain F4 high. I think he will kill it with all the resources UK has to offer.

You're saying that there is a cause and effect relationship between coaching ability and male pattern baldness?

Playing IU?
Donovan was approached and for the 3rd time he said no thanks.
He technically agreed to coming to UK just prior to winning his second title and went zero dark thirty and backed out, but he’s passing for a 3rd time.

I think when we all step back and look at big picture, Scott Drew is a heckuva hire. He won a title at Baylor…equivalent to one winning a title at Northwestern or Vandy.

Not lost in all of this… if finalized quickly, we’ll have a coach in place within 2 days of our previous coach being introduced at his new gig.

67379938bd660bddaa73f47894900e55.gif

Reactions: jayroon
I’m not sold on Drew having the personality to take on this job. It’s kinda hard to get excited about this hire, but that’s mainly because Hurley is out there killing it right now AND he has a personality that is built for this program and its fans. I definitely hope I’m wrong, but I feel like Drew is more of a Tubby-style hire. He’s….safe.

Welch not following Cal to Arkansas. I got a feeling that there won’t be near as many people following him to Fayetteville as he thought. Recruits included. He will always be able to recruit on a somewhat high level, he did at Memphis, but I don’t think he will ever be 2010-2017 level again.

The hire needs to be Donovan if we can't get Hurley. Uconn could maybe go on a dynasty run here. We need to get someone in here who can challenge them. Like Lakers/Cetlics.

Haha…it’s coach search time. This is like 100 Christmases!
My wife is sick and bitching about me being on my phone, texting so much, etc. "Why are you on your phone so much?" To paraphrase Chris Rock, this is Central Kentucky -- the jury would understand my side of the story.

I mean, a coaching change after 15 years of the whirlwind that was the Calipari Era is literally why we do this.

My wife is sick and bitching about me being on my phone, texting so much, etc. "Why are you on your phone so much?" To paraphrase Chris Rock, this is Central Kentucky -- the jury would understand my side of the story.

I mean, a coaching change after 15 years of the whirlwind that was the Calipari Era is literally why we do this.
As a distinguished poster said before the tournament: War footing.

I mean I feel Donovan could probably talk 80% of our team and recruits to stay. All Cal pitched to everyone was NBA NBA NBA feel an NBA coach would probably get their attention. But I’m not getting my hopes up for Donovan. Between the eclipse and him I might just keel over.

I mean I feel Donovan could probably talk 80% of our team and recruits to stay. All Cal pitched to everyone was NBA NBA NBA feel an NBA coach would probably get their attention. But I’m not getting my hopes up for Donovan. Between the eclipse and him I might just keel over.
I think Drew could keep our class together for the most part also, and bring at least VJ with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT