ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see you back man, I watch some shit tv but love is blind is not one of them.

But if you could relate him to Jared on this season’s Below Deck who got fired as Bosun because he was too worried about things outside of the ship under his control rather than the things in the ship, I think I could follow…

Reactions: NW50
Louisville going to end up with Chris Beard? 👀
That would be the cherry on a shit sundae.

The biggest issue is that there is no heir apparent. I am not thrilled about a Scott Drew. With college basketball going through such generational transition, I think you have to get someone young and analytical. No one out there, however, seems to fit the bill.

Cal has to go, though, so if we don't have a home run I'm not against getting a placeholder for a few years until we find the next true caretaker of Kentucky basketball. As much as I find him repugnant on almost every level, I wouldn't be mad at bringing Pitino home for four years to get shit right to hand off to the next big thing as a last resort.

Last edited:
- I would think Beard would be morally prohibitive considering their past stuff with women. I’d bet a guy like Kelsey or a Tang.

- I got off the Cal bandwagon as soon as I realized the negative pricks constantly bitching about Cal were consistently right. I fought it for awhile but they kept coming up aces time and time again. Vern’s a smart guy. He knows it too and has for awhile.

Hypothetically speaking let’s say Craft gave Mitch his support if they fire Cal as long as Mitch does his due diligence first for the top 3 candidates.

Who those are I’m not sure but probably Jay Wright, Scott Drew and let’s say Pearl.

They all come back not interested for whatever reason.

As fans we want him gone no matter what, but now you are going pretty far down the list and what if the donors say at that point we’re better off keeping who we got and addressing this next season.
Offer them lifetime contracts.

• Haha
Reactions: krazykats
Media get credentials for a reason. Those credentials provide access that the fanbase as a whole just doesn't get but with that comes the responsibility to the consumers/readers/fans to ask questions and provide a novel perspective.

For the local media that have sat through all of the press conferences for the last 5 years without asking the questions that needed to be asked of Cal, the coaching staff, and Mitch... your opinions are pretty meaningless right now.
It's not quite the Jurich Nazis that threatened media sites and businesses in Louisville but I think it's implied you will not get access to UK basketball if you are critical. Matt has been much, much closer to a cheerleader than an enemy of the program and its not enough. You have to be a lackey for Cal. God help me for saying this because he was a miserable, insufferable prick about everything, but it would be nice to have Jerry Tipton on his ass right now

I'm curious about what kind of money Louisville is offering because I keep hearing they were going to offer Drew $8 million+ a year and then May was going to get something close but not quite. And then you find out May's contract with Michigan is $3.5-3.75 million for five years so there's a big disconnect somewhere.

Reactions: roguemocha
I’ve been sick in bed since Friday afternoon, my god it’s been glorious.
Especially since son had sleepover both nights. Stayed in master side of house and haven’t left.

Reactions: wcc31
I'm curious about what kind of money Louisville is offering because I keep hearing they were going to offer Drew $8 million+ a year and then May was going to get something close but not quite. And then you find out May's contract with Michigan is $3.5-3.75 million for five years so there's a big disconnect somewhere.
Some dude who seemed to know what he was talking about on UL board said very early on that Bridgeman was only willing to shell out top dollar ($8-10m) for Drew and Drew alone. Could be accurate given the numbers thrown around for May.

The great thing about being a family man is that it doesn’t come all at once. No, it’s a long slow gradual descent into chaos, noise and involuntary selflessness.

At first you begin realizing while getting more serious dating your future wife that you’re not watching as much sports. Those summer nights of catching 2-3 innings of Reds games begin to disappear. Soon thereafter you’re engaged and you start thinking possibly your fiancée may not be quite as chill and laidback as she had represented early on in the relationship.

In what seems like an instant, you find yourself in the suburbs with multiple children, one louder than the other. Hysteria a daily if not hourly ritual. You begin to realize “Old School” isn’t really a comedy at all. You understand every single part of Clark Griswold’s personality.

You sure do miss your friends but if given the opportunity for a free few days you’d prefer a weekend not with them but alone in silence doing nothing and talking to nobody.

One groggy Sunday morning, due to lack of sleep rather than hangover, you find yourself cleaning pounds of Easter basket grass that your daughter dumped all over your basement after being gifted by a well-meaning neighbor. You start thinking about how great it would be if your F’ing HOF basketball coach could navigate an easy path to another week of games so you could look forward to that. You think about how nice that would F’ing be. Then you quickly relive the fever dream that was losing to Oakland in completely unsurprising fashion. You frown and continue gathering little confetti like pieces of paper.

Almost time to corral the family for a trip to Trader Joe’s. Maybe they’ll have some cool coffee options, you hope.
HOF post right there

The great thing about being a family man is that it doesn’t come all at once. No, it’s a long slow gradual descent into chaos, noise and involuntary selflessness.

At first you begin realizing while getting more serious dating your future wife that you’re not watching as much sports. Those summer nights of catching 2-3 innings of Reds games begin to disappear. Soon thereafter you’re engaged and you start thinking possibly your fiancée may not be quite as chill and laidback as she had represented early on in the relationship.

In what seems like an instant, you find yourself in the suburbs with multiple children, one louder than the other. Hysteria a daily if not hourly ritual. You begin to realize “Old School” isn’t really a comedy at all. You understand every single part of Clark Griswold’s personality.

You sure do miss your friends but if given the opportunity for a free few days you’d prefer a weekend not with them but alone in silence doing nothing and talking to nobody.

One groggy Sunday morning, due to lack of sleep rather than hangover, you find yourself cleaning pounds of Easter basket grass that your daughter dumped all over your basement after being gifted by a well-meaning neighbor. You start thinking about how great it would be if your F’ing HOF basketball coach could navigate an easy path to another week of games so you could look forward to that. You think about how nice that would F’ing be. Then you quickly relive the fever dream that was losing to Oakland in completely unsurprising fashion. You frown and continue gathering little confetti like pieces of paper.

Almost time to corral the family for a trip to Trader Joe’s. Maybe they’ll have some cool coffee options, you hope.
Same but rather than confetti, we're all about to come to blows over a 3rd grade fractions project with very(seems intentional) vague instructions.

Just a true masterpiece by wcc 👏🏼.

I only have a “family” day once a week and it’s on Sundays, it’s my favorite day of the week. We get together and go to a movie and/or supper.

I know that anything you have daily gets old and I know you all are appreciative and love it and are kidding but all that family time is flipping awesome.

I see my actual family 3-4x/year (mom a little more as she comes here) and with the recent events and lawsuits, death and sickness, family can disappear in an instant.

Very glad you all have that and it’s super cute to hear about in all honesty.

Willie’s family posts are some of my favorites. I keep up with Boat! on IG and talk with him frequently just to see his little booger, many others of you too.

Anyway, thanks for the stories. Off to Florida brother’s bday.💙

Reactions: ThroughBlue
WCC has dadhood at the age of his kids nailed. Rack that man.

They’re cute when they’re not being assholes because they haven’t napped or are teething or ____ insert milestone here, are fun to play with, but they have zero independence and thus you get no time to yourselves.

Having kids in 2013, 15, and 17 was hard, because by the time 2020 hit we were starting to finally get a routine down pat and boom, you know what came next.

Having my wife working two front line healthcare jobs during the longest online learning and lockdowns in North America was something.

Come 2024, things aren't so bad. Dad getting his special treat is still a thing on those mundane trips, but my gang can also pour a bowl of cereal and entertain themselves if i want sleep past 7 am, and for the first time coaching their sports is more than just herding stray cats.

GYERO has come a long way from the everyone crushing vag and throwing up on each other party buses of 2004 days.

But its nice to see that many of us still became evolved, happy and contributing dads and humans, now with a petulant narcissist greasy bloated underachieving pussy for a basketball coach of our favourite team.

I’m getting heavy nostalgia for the June 2019 Kawhi days for Raptors fans, but instead of rapid refreshing for updates while pounding out #hestay into the universe in an attempt to corral all the good karma, its #hego.

Cal, thanks for changing the narrative and making Lexington a premier destination for 5 stars again, but it's time to realize that you're officially Jim from American Pie when we roll the balls out and turn the lights on.

As much as it’s nice to no longer be combing youtube for any highlight videos of Bobby Perry that might exist let alone are to get excited about, i don't think sweet 16 and being competitive in the SEC championship game is too much to ask for in 2024. And Cal’s clearly not that guy, pal, in a post COVID NCAA.

Man, this Purdue game made me realize that we DO need to keep Cal. We can't risk being worse than we are today. And our recruiting class of 6'8 centers and bad shooters might decommit.

We didn’t get Reed Sheppard, our best player, because of Cal. We got Reed Sheppard because both of his parents were basketball stars at Kentucky and he wanted to play for his lifelong fan team. And that’s why he didn’t start. He wasn’t a Cal guy. Sheppard succeeded here in spite of Cal.

We didn’t get Reed Sheppard, our best player, because of Cal. We got Reed Sheppard because both of his parents were basketball stars at Kentucky and he wanted to play for his lifelong fan team. And that’s why he didn’t start. He wasn’t a Cal guy. Sheppard succeeded here in spite of Cal.
Cal's such a jackass. GET HIS ASS OUT!

Man, this Purdue game made me realize that we DO need to keep Cal. We can't risk being worse than we are today. And our recruiting class of 6'8 centers and bad shooters might decommit.
**** no. Zach Edey is to NCAA basketball as Cindog was to marriage stability.

A 7’4 300 pound centre who can move and visibly improved every year while staying all four years is a blessing, not a reason to keep Cal.

Cal’s coaching is akin to playing dice 🎲 in the closet without a light 💡 on!

We are UK!! We have decades of greatness!!

It's not quite the Jurich Nazis that threatened media sites and businesses in Louisville but I think it's implied you will not get access to UK basketball if you are critical. Matt has been much, much closer to a cheerleader than an enemy of the program and its not enough. You have to be a lackey for Cal. God help me for saying this because he was a miserable, insufferable prick about everything, but it would be nice to have Jerry Tipton on his ass right now

I get it… but theres’s no point in being credentialed (other than feeling important/like you’re in the club) if you aren’t willing to do the job you’re there to do.

Remember that time Marc Maggard defended Billy Clyde until the bitter end?

He can kindly go f$&k himself.
Agree, but I kinda feel like that’s how the wind is blowing. Lots of similar propaganda out there amongst the “media.” Even Matt was pulling it out last night.

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
I wish I still had the bladder elasticity/compression to piss into a ceiling fan (residual effects not withstanding)

Last edited:
Reactions: Col. Angus
Mitch tried a transition plan before when they named Joker as HCIW. I don’t think he’s gonna do that mess again.

Reactions: NW50
Maggard is an utter buffoon. Whatever he says is the equivalent of pissing in a ceiling fan. Anyone with half a brain will know that a transition plan would require a lot of communication discipline and lord knows we aren't ever going to get that from Calipari.
I read “transition plan” as “Barnhart has his pants around his ankles and has no idea who he can get and this gives him a year to figure out his list” and not “Cal’s one year retirement tour.”

IOW, completely believable for Topbutton, imo

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT