ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been in Lexington since Wednesday.

- The Noah kid is the best I’ve seen up here in a long time.

- The Lyon County bunch will win. Seems like it’s destiny. That win over Great Crossings seemed like a destiny win.

- It’s going down in Rupp tonight. A throwback to the late 80s with Richie and Allen Houston.

- Watched the UK game in a super secret location with a few former UK players, This town is smoking hot and out for blood.

-Ruby’s brussel sprouts. Shew.

I’ll be glass half full regardless if he is fired or not.

Sadly even glass half full the best I feel he can do to win me over is win an SEC tournament because that’s his championship peak.

I know the story being the money doesn’t matter and the money is there if needed, but man I’d hate to be at someone’s mercy that that kind of money comes with.

Really tough spot for Mitch.

There is no way in the world any head coach of UK basketball doesn't get fired for these results.
Screenshot-from-2024-03-23-17-56-51.png

If Mitch can't/won't make the change, then he should be fired IMMEDIATELY.

The window works out pretty perfectly for Mitch to use the weekend to make sure his money ducks are in a row, spend Monday through Wednesday gauging interest through back channels while simultaneously offering Cal a chance to negotiate and save some face, suck the oxygen out of UL's presser by announcing the move the same day, become THE STORY of college basketball next weekend, and hire someone in time for them to use the coaches' convention at the Final Four to round out a staff and start showing up in UK gear as the portal hits a fever pitch.

I guess what I'm saying is, who knows maybe our athletic director will win

I would assume that Mitch is being lit up with emails and calls. If Cal's job was in no danger a simple press release from him stating that no change is being made at this time, that he and Cal will meet in the next 2 or 3 weeks to review the state of the program would be easy to do. That hasn't happened yet so it tells me it's under discussion to fire him.

Devil's advocate, it's also been not quite 48 hours and Barnhart may not gotten all the info he needs to be ready to pull the trigger and he, if anything, is over cautious and he won't comment one way or the other. I would think we know something by end of day Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT