ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cal had Reed Sheppard, our best player, chasing and face guarding a player from Oakland Michigan?

Did I read that right? Maybe I didn’t….

That’s a big F U to BJW, Jeff, Reed, etc.

Why are people so hesitant to publicly call out Cal? He has zero problem making fun of this state and fans. Nobody can like that guy. His job performance has been abysmal. This is beyond Tubby bad (which is really quite the accomplishment, astonishing really).

Reactions: Col. Angus
- I can understand the fear that Cal leaving will lead to a dip in the program temporarily, a bad hire setting us back further, etc. That might be the way it goes, but even if it is, you HAVE to start that process. Gotta man up and accept it and start the healing process now. Putting it off for another year or two just prolongs the process and amplifies the damage done.

- Even having to say the above paragraph is a testament to the fact that Barnhart needs to be fired also.

Silver lining ( 💀 ) the SEC's performance yesterday should put a cork in Sankey's pile hole for a few years/ever on expansion.

When your premise is you need to expand to get more mediocre P5 schools in and the mid-majors / auto-qualifiers are the ones to suffer, then your league immediately commits seppuku on opening day, including your marquee program, it's best to STFU and run from that already unpopular take.

Sankey and the rest of the NCAA are ONLY looking at the financials. There was never a good reason to expand the tournament except money.
  • The lowest seed to win the NCAA tournament was an 8
  • The lowest seed to make the finals was an 8
  • The lowest seed to make the FF was an 11 (5 times)
So for the last 40 years, none of the teams above except maybe the 5 11 seeds (out of a total of 160 Final Four spots) would be impacted by a reduction of at large teams.
  • The lowest seed to make the elite 8 was a 15, but that was only once. No 16's, 14's, 13's, and only two 12's have ever made the elite 8.
The majority of these teams are AQ's - which further shows that there is no reason to add at-large schools.

And lastly, you don't want shitty teams in the Final Four. A great tournament has some upsets in the first few rounds, but by the end, fans (and the NCAA) want blue bloods in the FF.

Last edited:
Does KSR still run a bowling league? If so, is there a GYERO team? If not, WHY not, and would anyone be interested in joining? Even if there ISN'T a KSR league anymore?

GYERO bowling team, anyone? Bowling with the Clown? How can THAT be a bad thing?
If we get the interest, I'll find out the details. If Anthony is interested, 80 will have to contact him for me. (for obvious reasons that may not yet be apparent to 80)

I know you all are on pins and needles ready for my breakdown that was last night's abortion -- but Cal doesn't deserve my time and energy wasted on it. And frankly he doesn't deserve BBN or Kentucky Basketball.

Chad is right; what's the point discussing the game itself if this shit isn't going to change?

Eff this thread for what many of you rapid-fire mouth breathers have turned this now into. But *mostly* eff Cal and the horse he rode in on. This shit is beyond broken.

Last edited:
I don’t really want to hear about the fear of Cal leaving. If I can remain positive that that asshole can hopefully get us there then I can be just as positive and hopeful that a new coach, any coach, can come in and run some in game stuff that symbolizes basketball and win.

If GD Greg Kampe can beat us then whoever we hire can also come in here with hopefully Reed and Travis Perry and make something happen!

I’m always going to be cup half full and I ain’t scared at all to lose Cal.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
I don’t really want to hear about the fear of Cal leaving. If I can remain positive that that asshole can hopefully get us there then I can be just as positive and hopeful that a new coach, any coach, can come in and run some in game stuff that symbolizes basketball and win.

If GD Greg Kampe can beat us then whoever we hire can also come in here with hopefully Reed and Travis Perry and make something happen!

I’m always going to be cup half full and I ain’t scared at all to lose Cal.
What the hell? Who the F is scared of losing Cal?

NIL will do the recruiting for us now. Reed and Perry are a good starting spot for whoever we hire. Theres probably more players around the state that can give us what Wagner and Edwards did if given their leash.

Its been said but ill say it again. Oaklands coach shit talked Cal into reverting back to 90s ball and pounding the ball inside. All it took was him saying they had a chance because we dont have scorers in the post. Cal likely had something wrote up earlier in the week to throw to the media about beating him in the paint.

What the hell? Who the F is scared of losing Cal?
- I can understand the fear that Cal leaving will lead to a dip in the program temporarily, a bad hire setting us back further, etc.

This thread isn’t the only place fans exist. I know CC_332 went on to say move on, but there are absolutely people that aren’t firing 50 messages a day on message board that think our talent will not be here for awhile if Cal leaves.

I’ve had a conversation this morning to be careful what I ask for because when Tubby left it got worse.

I won’t go into detail here as to why that was different, but there are people that love UK and are hesitant for Cal to leave.

This is my 5th post today so holla!!!!

I know you all are on pins and needles ready for my breakdown that was last night's abortion -- but Cal doesn't deserve it. And he doesn't deserve BBN or Kentucky Basketball.

Chad is right; what's the point discussing the game itself if this shit isn't going to change?

Eff this thread for what many of you rapid-fire mouth breathers have turned this now into. But *mostly* eff Cal and the horse he rode in on. This shit is beyond broken.

Nothing I can really add to all of…whatever it is we all are experiencing today. But what Bonzo mentioned earlier about his nephew really hit home.

My boys are 11, 8 and 5. God bless them, because of dad, they wear UK gear everywhere, talk shit to their friends at school, write down our game times on their little whiteboards in the kitchen. They bleed Blue, like we all did, at that age. Because we saw our dads, our grandpas, our uncles, etc. It’s what a little boy in Kentucky does.

We, at least (and I use the “we” broadly here - everyone from Centch growing up with 78, to me coming of age with Mash) had some tangible results and (really) good outcomes to validate that learned religion that is Kentucky Basketball. 96? It validated the first 14 years of my existence.

My boys, however, they know nothing but embarrassment. They’ve never experienced the absolute, sheer joy of winning in March and April. They know only sadness. My oldest remembers the Monk/Fox year, but that’s it. Today, he doesn’t get to talk shit on his asshole classmates. Instead, he catches shit from the token asshole kid who is randomly a UNC fan, despite having born and bred Kentucky parents. (That kid is a loser, by the way.) They go to bed sad. They wonder why their dad is sad all the time. Why is daddy a maniac, mama? Aren’t sports supposed to be fun?

On the way to school this morning, my third grader (wearing a UK hoodie and hat, mind you, bless him), pipes up from the backseat, “why do we put all this energy into UK if we just suck?”

That, my friends, broke my heart. I will admit I felt a tear. And I just made another couple tears typing this.

“The regular release with shipping options will be coming soon.“

^ So stay tuned. Hope it doesn’t sell out prior to “regular release”

I am going to the event on 4/5 for my bottle and a taste thru. If you’d like, buy one and I’ll deliver the 3rd week of April. Drop it on your doorstep. You too, Krazy.

Wynn, you nailed it. The effect on my son is the most upsetting thing for me, by far.

My parents raised me with UK basketball. I was fortunate that my parents took me to St. Louis in 78 when I was 12. In 96, I returned the favor and took my mom. Saw 98 with some good friends, but the most special was taking my dad in 2012 when he was 76. It brought it all full circle.

There is no feeling like seeing UK win a title. Since 2012, I've wanted nothing more than to take my son - to pass the torch to him and let him experience all of it. Spring breaks interfered in his younger years, but we were set to go on Monday night in 2015. Little did we know that would be the end of the Cal era as we knew it.

My son is now 22 and a senior at South Carolina. It kills me that he has had very little to cheer about while here. Hell, Lamont Freaking Paris is 2-0 vs Cal. That is NOT UK basketball.

Last night in his fraternity text thread, guess which one person started shit with him? Yep, a random UNC fan.

More than anything, it kills me that he has not known the joy and pride of experiencing REAL UK basketball. I feel like he thinks "why did you get me into this?"

That's mostly me projecting (hopefully) but your point remains - Cal's ineptitude and arrogance has ripple effects that he probably will never understand. And I'm damn sure that our beancounter AD certainly doesn't.

Last edited:
Cal is now ruining relationships between fathers and their sons.

Fk that corksoaker 🤬
My son has defended him for two years. He loves the guy. When we discuss it. He told me that’s all he knows. So we just disagree respectfully. Last night something broke in him.

Sitting in his UK dorm room taking another one on the chin finally did it.

This thread isn’t the only place fans exist. I know CC_332 went on to say move on, but there are absolutely people that aren’t firing 50 messages a day on message board that think our talent will not be here for awhile if Cal leaves.

I’ve had a conversation this morning to be careful what I ask for because when Tubby left it got worse.

I won’t go into detail here as to why that was different, but there are people that love UK and are hesitant for Cal to leave.

This is my 5th post today so holla!!!!
- Yeah, I've talked to a few who are still hanging on. I was just saying I can understand those people. Personally, I think what we just went through sucks more than any negative effects of firing Cal, so let's get it going.

Reactions: krazykats
I know we all laughed when 73 said that about Tubby, but there's truth to it. UK bb is a bonding instrument. It transcends generations.

My son is just now old enough to understand and show interest in Kentucky basketball, but not so old that's he's emotionally invested and crushed by their failures. So, we need to get this fixed and fixed quick...

The thought of a new coach, any new coach, is at least exciting. Someone that would kill to have Thiero and Sheppard to build on, tons of NIL, and can come in and get some portal guys with his hair on fire hungry for wins. Might even be able to keep some of our top flight recruits committed. I don’t even really care who TF it is, or if he even exists, I just want Cal gone.

FYI, We could have had the UL women’s basketball coach or TCU head coach. According to someone I trust. Mitch asked a player who they thought would be a good fit at UK. He was given both those names. He called neither. Both would have taken the job.

Being a huge NFL guy I listen to Colin a lot after KSR and he flat roasted Cal.

He quoted the fact Cal said he hates this defines those kids season, wrong Cal it defines your season and your career. Adding a bad movie doesn’t define actors it defines the producer and director, cal being that director.

Also tore into him about getting so many to the money/NBA which made Colin laugh out loud because is Cal saying no one else ever gets players to the NBA or paid?

Take off the salesman hat and Cal can’t do it.

Other national guys are roasting him too but I really enjoyed Colin’s rant.

Just got back from spending the morning picking morels and getting the boat ready to head to the lake for some relaxing fishing.

Highly recommend everyone find something to take their mind off the next couple of weeks to keep your sanity and emotions from going off the rails.

Nature has a way of soothing when things get overwhelming!!

-btoddfreud

Just got back from spending the morning picking morels and getting the boat ready to head to the lake for some relaxing fishing.

Highly recommend everyone find something to take their mind off the next couple of weeks to keep your sanity and emotions from going off the rails.

Nature has a way of soothing when things get overwhelming!!

-btoddfreud
WTH? Hey @anthonys735 - I think you have been right all along.

A 41 YO, full-bodied high ABV Armagnac looks pretty impressive. Not a horrible price out the door, either.

FWIW you can also find lots of other good ones (particularly L’Encantada) on www.finedrams.com that will ship to you from EU in about 1-2 weeks.

Seelbach’s also has been releasing a couple good #yak picks (SiB and blends) on their website every so often.

Certainly a better option than the Dreamland BBQ bourbon that was brought to the tailgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT