ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from spending the morning picking morels and getting the boat ready to head to the lake for some relaxing fishing.

Highly recommend everyone find something to take their mind off the next couple of weeks to keep your sanity and emotions from going off the rails.

Nature has a way of soothing when things get overwhelming!!

-btoddfreud

Walked 18 this morning.

Reactions: btodd0224
FYI, We could have had the UL women’s basketball coach or TCU head coach. According to someone I trust. Mitch asked a player who they thought would be a good fit at UK. He was given both those names. He called neither. Both would have taken the job.
I can verify the UL women’s coach from a position of knowledge.

• Wow
Reactions: jayroon
I also brought an Eagle Rare pick to the extrav that was inhaled. Maybe you enjoyed? If not, perhaps those pumpkin pie sugar bombs blew out your palate.

Unconventional non-KY juice is interesting to me, see what differences you can get within the strict category of bourbon. That 13th Colony DO is better than 95% of the KY shit on my shelf. Lucky to get a pour for $50.

The previous Beastmaster L’Encantada I got was/is incredible and look forward to this hyped one. Drinking on that shortly.

“The regular release with shipping options will be coming soon.“

^ So stay tuned. Hope it doesn’t sell out prior to “regular release”

I am going to the event on 4/5 for my bottle and a taste thru. If you’d like, buy one and I’ll deliver the 3rd week of April. Drop it on your doorstep. You too, Krazy.
Sure. I'll do it.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Drive to Pittsburgh yesterday and drive home today.

Just another devastating loss.

Highlight was having conversations with Vince Marrow and Joe Kraft at the hotel bar. Probably talked about half hour before and Onthink again after the game. I was hammered by that point.

Got to meet ENG as well. He was dressed in a plump jacket with those gay ass round glasses. Nerd.

Been saying it, Cal has to bounce. While the loss was brutal, it also wasn’t a shock…which is equally depressing.

Last edited:
I bet that powers that be at UCLA laugh their asses off about not getting Cal but bluffing this bumpkin leadership at UK into making a deal that ended up protecting their championship lead after all.

There is still no announcement. I guess he’s here for another year, folks.

Enjoy.

I basically fire people for a living. Really need to get Mitch’s attention. Or just turn my new agricultural flamethrower on whatever building athletics is in and LET IT RIP.

lol- that’s all in good fun, kids. Murder is bad. Unless the person you’re murdering is named John or Mitch. Hahaha

I hate everything.

I doubt that anyone has had time to hold substantive meetings yet. This isn't a situation that can be negotiated in less than 24 hours. Unless Cal resigned on his own, which everyone knows wasn't going to happen.

I'm not saying that it will or will NOT happen, but the fact that it hasn't happened after only 20 or so odd hours isn't "telling".

Anyway, with the tournament going on, and the pool of coaches, for the most part, still tied up, there's no rush.

Besides, anything can happen in the interim; an accident or health condition could pop up "serendipitously" and avoid the whole sordid affair.

As much as I want a dramatic announcement today I’m not shocked there isn’t one. if they cut him loose (if…) they have to figure out the actual terms for the buyout. While I agree UK’s counsel could whip up that agreement today, in my experience with them…they don’t do anything speedily and they seem extremely cautious (but that’s been with UK Hospital docs, so who knows). Does the ambassador thing go away if he gets canned for being terrible?

I’d love to be a bug on the wall of Joe Craft’s office today though.

I would hope for announcement by next week. Only four teams left and the coaches convention always happens during Final Four weekend and it's always a good time for impromptu, under the radar interviews and getting references for candidates among other coaches.

Michigan is our hope of a team taking him away. Cal’s brand would fit there and they just saved a lot of money going from Harbaugh to Sherrone.

Assuming Mitch is too stupid to have a buyout when we are so handcuffed if we fire Cal, but even if there were a buyout you’d have to willingly wave it just to entice any university to consider this guy.

Also his basketball brand would fit well in the B10 too so he absolutely could succeed there, again for them!

Reactions: jayroon
6.5 million a year, that's what we'll have to pay through 2029 to get rid of Calipari.

And that's only if he doesn't get another coaching job. If he DOES get another coaching job, whatever his salary is, per year, get's taken off that 6.5 million. For the dunces out there; if he gets a job paying him 4 million a year, UK only has to pay him 2.5 million per year.

UK probably spends 2.5 million a year on fvcking toilet paper. With the money an SEC school gets for game rights, it is absolutely absurd to say that we "can't afford to fire Calipari." That argument is weak sauce.

Just fvcking DO it already. (within a reasonable time frame of course)

Last edited:
Poetic justice for Sankey's hubris

images

6.5 million a year, that's what we'll have to pay through 2029 to get rid of Calipari.

And that's only if he doesn't get another coaching job. If he DOES get another coaching job, whatever his salary is, per year, get's taken off that 6.5 million. For the dunces out there; if he gets a job paying him 4 million a year, UK only has to pay him 2.5 million per year.

UK probably spends 2.5 million a year on fvcking toilet paper. With the money an SEC school gets for game rights, it is absolutely absurd to say that we "can't afford to fire Calipari." That argument is weak sauce.

Just fvcking DO it already.

Keep on preaching, Clown. Fight the good fight.

Just fvcking DO it already. (within a reasonable time frame of course)

AP just keeping it real for the plebeian, non-subscribers.

EDIT: I had already been thinking it all day. If the Crafts really don’t like him as much as has been talked about for a while now, wouldn’t that be the ultimate “F YOU. We dislike you so much we will single handedly pay to show your ass right out of town…”?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT