ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in Nashville all weekend. Games got rained out Saturday so all the dads got together and day drank while the kids tried to murder each other in the pool. Fortunately we got to play a one day tournament yesterday. My boys were in 2 different locations 30m apart, so we were at the ballpark(s) from 7a ct - 930pm ct. Rolled into Jessamine county at about 230 in the morning. But my 13yo went yard and my 11yo won the tourney, so all in all a great weekend.

Llamas show looked unreal. Really happy for that guy. I mean, I don’t find him funny at all, but he’s a nice guy and he deserves all the success he’s got coming his way.

I know it’s en vogue to say college basketball is a dying sport, and I know the ratings say otherwise, but man, it sure feels awful right now. Especially for your university of Kentucky wildcats. Marcus welby a glorified travel league and calipari is mailing it in. I mean we are legitimately hiring dads as coaches. And not even good players dads. Just like, cals buddies? I mean come tf on dude.

The month of May is pure insanity when you have kids. Schools seem to be under the impression that all parents don’t work and should be made available for 76 events that are held at 10am on a Tuesday. Makes me wish I’d voted for Kelly craft so she could get in office and fire my wife and all her liberal CRT pushing pals.

Our new assistant coach reminds me of Stork from Animal House

4WNUPCJRZSYRNWXET3SHE3MRLU.jpg

Reactions: RibsAndWhiteBread
What narrative would you like?

We can’t hire any coaches to help John?

Just like we can’t buy any players to play for John?

If I didn’t know better, I’d say Mitch is pushing the coach out the door without telling him.

Reactions: roguemocha
The Welch hire is fantastic, IMO.

Too bad he isn't going to have any players to coach.

Oscar and Reeves come back and we have hope.

I just don't understand how you let players like Reeves and Livingston hold you up from hitting the portal and grabbing some good players.

Now, there are going to be some good players who decide to withdraw from the draft and will be available here soon. Will we be able to grab enough to have 10 scholarship players? I've given up filling out an entire roster.

The Livingston/Klutch deal is hilarious. Kid can’t (currently) dribble or shoot, as a 6’6 NBA guard, and Is going through the process like a prized pick, won’t scrimmage, etc.

Lol. He’s the perfect 2-4 year college guy, and Klutch out here looking for a 1st Rd guarantee. 🤡

It’s a shame too, bc he’s apparently a really bright & special kid.

Won't downplay it, it was a pretty amazing night. We sold it out, and they added auxiliary seating in the balcony for people who showed up at the door without tickets. I didn't get to see everyone who was there, but it appears to have been a mix of childhood friends, adults I knew growing up, college friends, and random other folks from over the years. It was cool to see the out-of-towners converging on my hometown and posting pics from restaurants, the theater, etc. beforehand.

As for the show itself, I won't lie, it was probably the most nervous I've ever been in my life, save for proposing and the births of my kids. But once the first one hit, it was pretty smooth sailing the rest of the way. Just a really, really fun experience. Probably top five in my entire lifetime, if I'm being honest.

Video?

I’d love to watch it. Looked awesome. Congrats!

Not sure yet. The theater owners set up to record video, but I haven't seen it yet to determine whether the sound/video quality is very good. And even if it is, I probably won't post it anywhere publicly, simply because I have other shows coming up where I'll be doing pretty much the same material. But if it's good, I'll be happy to send it out directly to people who live far away.

Is is too late for teams to register for
Ice Cube’s BIG3 tournament?

Maybe UK can just sit out NCAA Division 1 participation during the 2023-2024 scholastic year and field two BIG3 teams this summer. The BBN could travel to all of these wodie spots during the summer and watch the 2 teams. Cal would be the perfect hype man for that thing. He could also post pics of he and Cube hanging out which can’t hurt recruiting.

Won't downplay it, it was a pretty amazing night. We sold it out, and they added auxiliary seating in the balcony for people who showed up at the door without tickets. I didn't get to see everyone who was there, but it appears to have been a mix of childhood friends, adults I knew growing up, college friends, and random other folks from over the years. It was cool to see the out-of-towners converging on my hometown and posting pics from restaurants, the theater, etc. beforehand.

As for the show itself, I won't lie, it was probably the most nervous I've ever been in my life, save for proposing and the births of my kids. But once the first one hit, it was pretty smooth sailing the rest of the way. Just a really, really fun experience. Probably top five in my entire lifetime, if I'm being honest.

Update the Gyeros next time you're in Lex/Lou with some advance, I'll round up a crew.

Saw my old college fav Greg Morton at Comedy Off Broadway Friday for the late show. Little too much crowd interaction/focus this time around, and didn't do his "Hurricane MotherFu**er bit" which made me sad, but he's so talented.

A good Stand Up show at your preferred local club is an undefeated change up/casual date night, imo. $15 tickets ftw. Never had a bad time.

Still haven't been to Louisville's two newest clubs downtown. We have 3 full time comedy clubs now, and several other bars that host regular comedy nights...pretty dope. Need to get on that.

Last edited:
Looks like it's June 6th for Lexington (CoB). July 16th for Louisville. Both are short sets (3-5 minutes) as part of larger shows. The Louisville show is actually a contest. I'll have more details eventually. Only one long show currently scheduled...July 15th in Harrodsburg. Don't know any other details about that one yet.

-I'd like to hate Koepka but just can't do it. He's also chilled with the overly dbag attitude the last year or so.

Brooks Koepka has won 1.08% of all Majors ever played - and that goes back to 1860 when Willie Park Sr. took down Tom Morris Sr. (don't feel bad for Morris Sr. though because he and his son Tom Morris Jr. both won four majors a piece).
  • Jack has finsished 1st or 2nd in 7.98% of all majors
  • Jack has won 3.88% of all majors
  • Tiger has won 3.24% of all majors
  • Ian Poulter has won 0.00% of all majors

North Carolina democratic governor says he will veto a bill that would give School choice to families. Also says he is declaring a state of emergency because of the bill. But he sent his own kid to private school. Is he afraid he may get some kids he doesn’t want at his kids private school? So if you are rich enough, he is ok with a kid going to school of their choice, but if not that other kid is out of luck. Can any democrat tell me why this is acceptable, am I missing something? Honestly, why would you vote for people like this?

• Haha
Reactions: UKMKG and WynnDuffy
North Carolina democratic governor says he will veto a bill that would give School choice to families. Also says he is declaring a state of emergency because of the bill. But he sent his own kid to private school. Is he afraid he may get some kids he doesn’t want at his kids private school? So if you are rich enough, he is ok with a kid going to school of their choice, but if not that other kid is out of luck. Can any democrat tell me why this is acceptable, am I missing something? Honestly, why would you vote for people like this?
Honestly. What do you want from this thread? Just GTFO and start another thread whining about something else. Or use the Political Thread where you can jack it with like minded individuals.

Looking forward to your passive-aggressive laughing emoji reaction.

Honestly. What do you want from this thread? Just GTFO and start another thread whining about something else. Or use the Political Thread where you can jack it with like minded individuals.

Looking forward to your passive-aggressive laughing emoji reaction.
I’ll tell you what …..
😂
Hope I made your night. And just for you I’ll move it because hey we all make mistakes. I thought I did post in political. But I’m kinda glad I did screw up just so you could see it. Hopefully you post in political too and will get to see it a second time 😉.

Year 20 of Lebron.

Down 3-0 against a clearly superior Nuggets team with the best player in the world that should win the title. Still recuperating from a torn tendon in his right foot and has been limited throughout the playoffs.

First half tonight:

11-13 from the field, 31 points, 4 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 TO, and 4 seconds on the bench.

I remember watching his first NBA game. God, that seems like a lifetime ago. What a f'n legend.

Ironically, Jokic was a 2nd round pick. And the Nuggets *did* trade down that draft, essentially giving up Doug McDermott for Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris.

Last edited:
Irrelevant. Like MLB, the key to successful professional sports is to save money and hope for bargain prospects.

Nothing chaps my ass more than these teams spending MY TAX DOLLARS!!!!…err; their own money, on players.

Totally ruins it for me. Jmo. Fiscal responsibility is paramount, market be damned ,but that’s just me.

Irrelevant. Like MLB, the key to successful professional sports is to save money and hope for bargain prospects.

Nothing chaps my ass more than these teams spending MY TAX DOLLARS!!!!…err; their own money, on players.

Totally ruins it for me. Jmo. Fiscal responsibility is paramount, market be damned ,but that’s just me.
Like the Pitch Perfect sequel, this really missed the mark after a good first original post.

You can’t be the GM/Franchise that passes on Zion. Period.

They’ll get a nice package for AD to put around him.
- Quick way to show you’re an idiot- suggesting New Orleans trade the #1 pick. Hate it, but Zion is a sure thing stud. His BBIQ matches his physical skills.

- Will always love the Brow but he disappointed me here.

- Related take- F LeBron and his dbag cronies.
Superstar talent aside, Mr. Business PTI(pti) should understand all the other things that come along with Zion that will benefit one of the worst franchises/fanbases in all of sports. Guy has captivated casual basketball fan like only a few others in my lifetime.
They're already going to get a huge haul from Davis. +Potential Superstar Zion = instant rebuild into something completely new & fun.

Totally agree. Imagine how stupid it would be to pass on Zion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT