ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston has flat out quit! We will not get another season with this group, at least not Tatum/Brown as the core of it.

This NBA offseason is going to be interesting with the Warriors needing a reset, Celtics needing a reset, Trailblazers with the #3 being offered to improve now, Memphis/Ja, 76ers and Harden, Suns being better without Chris Paul, and a few other teams that need to be active too.

Reactions: jayroon
Tatum with a minus 23… is anyone going to give me some credit for saying he fades?

I was ridiculed. Dude hasn’t been present when it matters AT ALL.

Oh he had one good fourth quarter where he was awful the rest of the game?!?!

I called this. Tatum isn’t a dawg or killer. He’s soft, a playboy.

Have fun with softy for the next ten years Cs.

Reactions: jayroon
Tatum with a minus 23… is anyone going to give me some credit for saying he fades?

I'll give you credit... you called it.

Tatum is a high-standard deviation guy. Not consistent enough in my book to be the best player on a championship squad.

You’re the best… never seen anyone that can call it like you.

• Love
Reactions: roguemocha
This NBA offseason is going to be interesting with the Warriors needing a reset, Celtics needing a reset, Trailblazers with the #3 being offered to improve now, Memphis/Ja, 76ers and Harden, Suns being better without Chris Paul, and a few other teams that need to be active too.

It will be jaw dropping and people will be glued to their insta-feeds from Stephen A. all summer long.

-6(?) open schollies (54%) is incompetent roster management...can UK fire for cause?

-uk mens tennis lost in the quarter-final, dug a hole and couldn't recover. Runner up last year, SEC tourney Champs this year. Cedric Kauffmann has that program in very good shape.

-jumped in the pool after 3 hrs of tennis yesterday AM. Obviously cold AF...but I think it eliminated some muscles soreness.

-gotta get a new pair of waders...old ones have a minor leak which is ok in a duck blind but *really* bad in a river. Not looking to break the bank with Orvis/Simms. Hate neoprene, would rather layer. Recs appreciated. Thinking about these:
https://caddiswaders.com/product/new-mossy-river-series-breathable-bootfoot-waders/

-im not a golfball. But already looking forward to Valhalla next year...unless you've seen a major in person, you don't get it. Amazing experience. Even that grouch-ass @wcc31 would love.

-both girls have summer jobs lined up, that's nice.

-South Dakota pheasant trip lined up for November. Never been. Why not.

-Stoops and Co *aced* the portal. Halcyon days, gang. Enjoy it.

Jason Tatum averaged 30 pts 9 rebounds and 4.5 assists and is 25 years old. All of those numbers are higher than his career averages.

He legit had 2 bad games this post season, 1 being last night when all of Boston quit and after the game the coach looked and sounded like he lost his team and has no clue where.

His experience comes with 2 conference finals and a trip to the finals.

Still though, GYERO GM of the year over there passing on that guy. I truly love this thread!

Reactions: roguemocha
A few of thoughts:

- Last week of school. The quiet before the essay storm. With a new school came "new" curriculum and a new schedule (planning in the morning instead of before practice). I've been behind all year. I'm all caught up now, but about 60 essays are heading my way in t he next 36-48 hours. I comment like crazy on them, but this time they are getting their grade and that's it.

- I started a grassroots trend back in 2001 that has come with me over the years. On the last day of school, I wear a Hawaiian shirt to celebrate the start of summer break. Usually a few folks will join in. I've noticed at the schools I used to be a part of, they have Hawaiian shirt day on the last day of school. Hashtag, legacy.

- Was it me or did the PGA championship get finished "early" yesterday? The final group was in the fairway of 18 before 5:30 Central.

- The changing of the guard for these young NBA stars is right there for the taking, but they're too cool I guess. Gotta be relentless on the 'gram instead of on the court.

- How many more days is it before Skynet becomes fully aware?

-Lol. Here we are taking plan b and c players again. That always works out so well. Who wants to transfer in to sit behind a bunch of freshmen and possibly Oscar and/or Reeves?

-PGAC is typically the worst of the 4 but this weekend delivered big time. The move to May was a great call. The Block storyline was a fairytale. Big names all over the board. Hard course. Weather. They need to stick with the tough courses. That -10 range for the winner is perfect.

-I'd like to hate Koepka but just can't do it. He's also chilled with the overly dbag attitude the last year or so.

-Great weekend. Kids at the grandparents. Charity event with the baseball parents Friday turned into a late night house party. Saturday Big time ELLCP game and my birds got a huge win to get us back to 2nd place. Saturday night crew outing. Golf, nice lil ride, practice and unreal weather yesterday. Sun burnt.

-Props to Baffert for cheating and making the Preakness pick easy.

-Emp texted me a 4:26a to call in. Thanks, man. Appreciate waking me up at 4:30a so I don't get anymore sleep on a Sunday night. Just f*cking wait until 730 next time. 🤬

-I'm ready, actually more than ready, (credit: richie) for Summer Break. Pools, Lakes and Oceans. Let's get it.

Last edited:
Good Sunday of golf. Was pulling for Hovland- but man does his apparel guy need to get a talking to. Just go grab a few solid, normal color polos off the rack at Dicks or whatever.

I do think they need to be better with the commercials- at some points of the weekend there were 3-4 shots being shown and then to another commercial. Not saying it all needs to be uninterrupted but it was getting pretty annoying. The Block hole in one was on twitter before they showed it on TV.

Brooks' crew looked pretty much like I would think his buddies would look like. Believe one had on a nice red track suit. And him tweeting out "I Got 5 On It" was perfectly on-brand.

In the market for a cargo carrier for the Volvo. Summer vacation right around the corner and my wife brings so much absolutely unnecessary shit that we can't get it all in to an oversized SUV.

Succession is quite a ride... Shiv is still the worst.

The Nike movie with Damon/Affleck was pretty ok. Nothing groundbreaking. I'll give it a rating of *PASS* or *SKIP*, whichever you prefer.

A bit surprised to see Dan McDonnell's name on the Alabama baseball shortlist. With all of the questionable character issues that plagued alabama athletics this spring, overpaying for a coach whose teams have more than their fair share of, uhmm- characters, on the roster is a bold play. But maybe they are just going to lean into the win-at-all-costs notion.

* For business purposes, I'm a member of SHRM (Society of Human Resource Management -- huge worldwide organization). This year's featured guest speaker at the Vegas conference....

....Bill Clinton. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Can't imagine anyone better to speak to 50,000 HR professionals than that workplace sexual abuser.

Almost as good as the time the state conference invited Deuce McAllister, who lost all his NFL money and went bankrupt buying car dealerships to speak about business.

* Top 5 Kill Tony guests......

1> William Montgomery
2> Nicole Tran
3> David Lucas
4> Hans Kim
5> Ahrean Belisle

Worst by far: Jared Nathan

* What a weird offseason for Kentucky basketball......the past two years we've crushed it in the transfer portal, but because of 3 guys holding up their stay-or-go decision, plus a huge incoming class, we keep striking out. It's fine, though. We're fine. Everything's fine.

* Reminder about the NBA --> 1 guy can change an entire franchise, but so can 3-4 guys. Please pay attention.

* The Secrets of Hillsong was good, but not great. Thoughts on church.....

- church is definitely the best place to get raped/molested/sexually abused and have your employer cover it up
- if people are dumb enough to support these losers, then it is what it is
- and with that in mind, they should all pay taxes like the rest of us

* Per pron, bleaching your a-hole really does make a difference.

* Confirmed --> will be living at 10,200 feet in Leadville, Colorado once again this July and August. Can't. Freaking. Wait.

* GREAT lyrics:

… Ninja, I'm the colonel of the motherfin' tank
Y'all after big thangs, we after big bank
3rd Ward hustlas, soldiers in combats
Convicts and dealers, and killers with tru tats
Never gave a f 'bout no hoes on our riches
And ninjaz come short, I'm diggin' ditches
M.P. pullin' stripes, commander-in-chief
And fools run up wrong, ninja I'm knockin' out some teeth

* Just sat down at the coffee shop next to Jemmye from Real World: New Orleans fame.

Time has not treated her well. At all.

* I don't care how many times I see it, I'll never understand why gym bro meatheads walk around with a gallon water jug in the weight room. There's a water fountain like right there.

* Weekly Elly de la Cruz update...

465-foot home run

September call-ups can't get here soon enough.

- Can't wait for Llama to get his own Netflix Special so I can say I sat next to that guy at a Sweet 16 session! Was hoping for some Chick-Fil-A advertising fame, but I suppose that ship has sailed.

- Every horse trainer out there does exactly what Baffert does if not worse. Baffert just got caught and is the icon of the sport.

- Pat Forde seems to have turned his Pulitzer-seeking drive towards the ills of horse racing and backed off John Calipari for the time being.

- Brooks Koepka has flown into Bowling Green a few times. According to local legend, his short game coach is a pro at Olde Stone. Also, and perhaps even harder to believe, is that he once visited a local watering hole called Dauphie's Lounge which is in the basement of a roach-infested hotel off I-65. No respectable man about town would walk into that place. So . . . it's whatever. I personally think he's a bigger douchebag than Bryson fwiw.

Pretty simple why us “meatheads” do that bubby. It’s so we can measure how much water we’ve drank that day, it’s not because we didn’t know there was water at the gym. You can’t measure it by the water fountain.

People that are REALLY serious count every calorie (not me) and all the water they drink (me).

Reactions: 80 Proof and rudd1

* Reminder about the NBA --> 1 guy can change an entire franchise, but so can 3-4 guys. Please pay attention.

You can post this every day for the rest of the year, and it's still dumb w/ regards to this year's draft.

And you also can't name a single time it's happened in this situation. This isn't a normal draft, and Wemby isn't your standard #1 pick. He's considered, as a PROSPECT, as the best since Lebron, and among the best ever. There is always going to be risk, but it's one every single NBA Team would take without hesitation in this situation.

The Spurs are the best run NBA Franchise of the last 25 years, and also one of the best in sport. They will consider trading down 0%, nor should they. I'm old enough to remember what happened last time they lucked into a NO BRAINER/AUTO #1 pick.

5 World Championships, if you're scoring at home. The part you conveniently leave out is that good players flock to elite superstars, and elite superstars make 'good' players into great ones. And if you wanna go the $$$ route, the immediate impact he will have is enormous, it is a business, after all. Projections have it as around a 500M INSTANT value boost, and they are already saying it's going to be a record season in sales/$$$/

Last edited:
Not only that, but the Spurs have built a nice little core to put around Vic. Keldon is a young wing who is coming off a year where he averaged over 20 a game, Sochan is a young, athletic, defensive 4 that NBA teams covet nowadays, Vassell is turning into a solid 2-way guard, along with many other young players such as Tre Jones and Malachi Branham.

Reactions: wcc31
I hope you guys are right. Popovich deserves one last run IMHO so I hope the kid does well. He doesn’t have to be all world to be great either.

I do suspect the transition for him is going to limit him early on and gain some naysayers.

- Colin Cowherd is not disappointing in his first 4 minutes!

Boston is a 5* restaurant with all the ingredients but the chef is butchering the meal so people are fleeing out the door across the street to a food truck serving the best $8 sandwich in town in Miami!

Trischelle - Vegas
Mallory - Paris
Cameran - San Diego
Melinda - Austin
Svetlana - Key West
KellyAnne - Sydney
McKenzie - New Orleans 2
Nany - Vegas 2
Ashley - San Diego 2
Avery - Portland

I'm probably leaving some off but that's a solid 10.

-if you exclude: the first couple seasons of American idol, the great British baking show and the occasional Iron Chef I've watched precisely zero minutes of "competition themed reality TV". Just don't get the appeal.

Reactions: B Rax
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT