ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're really on top of this, 80.

Who would you rank as the top Cincinnati Reds prospects over the past 10 years?

I can't decide on this Reds City Connect gear. I love it and hate it. Grabbed the CINCY t-shirt last night. Love the hat except for the red piping. Looks goofy. They would've sold a billion De La Cruz jerseys if they aligned that release with his call up.

I would love it if UK would make some kind of effort like this and nail it. Instead we get staple removers.

Levis is starting to win over local media in Nashville. They seem to have all moved from anguish to cautious optimism.
It all looks awful imo but I’m a 46-year old white guy.

Reactions: justa
You're really on top of this, 80.

Who would you rank as the top Cincinnati Reds prospects over the past 10 years?
The overall average of the rankings in your spreadsheet you linked is 14.87

I know you have trouble with logic, but with 30 teams that is just above the median.

De La Cruz is easily the best prospect in the last decade.

De La Cruz is easily the best prospect in the last decade.

Senzel was the #2 pick in 2016, and rated 6th best prospect in 2017. Here we are now at age 28 and he can barely crack this lineup of bums. Predicting how so called phenoms are going to pan out in MLB is often a crap shoot.

You mean the #1 overall prospect in all of MLB? No kidding??

Nick Krall has led this farm system to an amazing turnaround in a very short time period by unloading some key pieces, and it's mostly been met with criticism by the fans. Personally, I love it. Despite your stupid opinion, the Reds farm system (.13 points above the media woohoo!!!) has been shit for a long time until 2022. You can go back year by year and look at some of the top prospects and laugh if you're so inclined.

Nick Senzel
Taylor Trammell
Amir Garrett
Robert Stephenson
BIlly Hamilton
Zack Cosart
Devin Mesoraco

lol

You mean the #1 overall prospect in all of MLB? No kidding??

Nick Krall has led this farm system to an amazing turnaround in a very short time period by unloading some key pieces, and it's mostly been met with criticism by the fans. Personally, I love it. Despite your stupid opinion, the Reds farm system (.13 points above the media woohoo!!!) has been shit for a long time until 2022. You can go back year by year and look at some of the top prospects and laugh if you're so inclined.

Nick Senzel
Taylor Trammell
Amir Garrett
Robert Stephenson
BIlly Hamilton
Zack Cosart
Devin Mesoraco

lol
You asked the question, dumfuq

Go back and look at my comment from the text that you blasted, moron. I said we had good prospects, not a great farm system. I said that Krall has done great based on what he's had to work with, and I even commented that I couldn't wait to see De La Cruz in the majors.

You are by far the most ignorant smart person I've ever met.

80 Proof --> you tried to "own" me by pointing out that I've both said:

- the Reds have historically had a terrible farm system
and
- the Reds have a loaded farm system now

Which is 100% correct, and I stand by it. So stick your Mitchell & Ness Rolando Roomes throwback jersey up your ass.

Lots of players get ranked highly, but De La Cruz seems special. Unbelievable tools.

Boley's impact is much more than future QB. Doesn't matter if he pans out, just hit the portal as needed. In the transfer portal era, QBs simply don't stick around. Boley's impact is on recruiting. Top tier QB to headline a class will get the ball rolling, and Marrow, Coen and Co., will absolutely capitalize on it. Stoops has reassembled a nice recruiting staff. Boulware, Woodward, and Brother Mike all got some chops. Collins coming around too.

I came across some highlights of the Ole Miss game from last season. We blew it, but we looked the part. We absolutely belonged in a top 10 matchup on the road in the SEC west. Actually looked better than Ole Miss, IMO, just screwed up in the last 3 minutes with two lost fumbles and a TD cancelling penalty (albeit picky). We never recovered after that game. The trash OL and Scang's inability to mitigate it threw away a major opportunity. Sheesh. Got myself all redassed again, but it also gave me some hope somehow.

I don't get the biscuit hate. Makes a great breakfast sandwich.

Not sure I've ever had a potato on a sandwich, 'sep for chips.

Potatoes absolutely belong on breakfast burritos/tacos.

The NBA "offseason" has been wild:

1.) Bucks fire Bud who just won a championship two years ago.
2.) 76ers fire Rivers after 3 consecutive eastern conference semi finals
3.) Raptors fire Nurse who won a championship 4 years ago and kept the team competitive without a legit star
4.) Memphis basically says Dillon Brooks will NEVER play for them again. Not, "No, we aren't re-signing him," it's, "He's not allowed back because he effed up our culture." While respectable, do the same to Ja.

Funny how most of these championship caliber coaches will just end up on one of the other teams that just fired recently successful coaches anyway.

* As far as players actually developing into stars, the Reds' minors have been shit for a decade plus. Good looking prospects currently, but let's see if any actually produce.

* I forgot about chips as "potatoes on sandwiches." I did like to put Grippo's on my bologna & cheese when I was little. Sounds pretty good right now, to be honest.

* As far as players actually developing into stars, the Reds' minors have been shit for a decade plus. Good looking prospects currently, but let's see if any actually produce.

* I forgot about chips as "potatoes on sandwiches." I did like to put Grippo's on my bologna & cheese when I was little. Sounds pretty good right now, to be honest.

Correction:

The Reds have been ranked exactly .13 spots above average for a decade plus get it right you dummy.

Been a hectic few weeks...

Sold crib over asking on first day of showing, builder took contract on our new one same day. Trying to pack/move when you werent exactly expecting to is a effing stress filled ball. From night I decided to sell until pics and listing was 4 days, had both houses under contract in 6 days.

The following week in Vegas for a trade show. I get why people like that place but just not my cup pf tea. Bellagio was nice, food was excellent. Private gig for us the final night was Marcy's Playground opening up for Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. Kinda weird seeing them in a hotel ballroom in front of 200 peeps but was cool.

Moved the following week then in ATL for another trade show. All meals I was taken out by vendors so didnt have a choice. Ormsby's was pretty cool place, food was decent for gastropub and they had indoor bocce. Was taken to PuttShack one night. Pretty good setup with 4 indoor courses to drink will playing some mini golf and excellent pub food. Red Door/Phone Booth Cigar lounge was overrated. Apparently ATL is home to the annual Furry Festival, holy shit. These things started rolling in on Wed and by Thursday was over running downtown. WTF. It was bizarro world.

Ready to get house unpacked and tieing the knot in July....

Since it's graduation season, anyone know if class rings are still a thing? Assuming this gigantic waste of money has gone the way of music on CD's?

Got a class ring from UK not high school. Paid like $50 deposit at Kennedy's, ring came in they called and I picked up. Never asked for the balance. Assume the SOL is past for that transgression.

I wouldn’t be able to trust drafting that French dude, just too frail and breakable, but from what everyone says you can’t afford not to draft him.

I’ll tell you this, no way am I drafting Chet. Dude has 13” of height on me but I weigh 30 more pounds than him. That’s insane .

Yes, but, has he acted as an accessory to murder or have nothing to lose?

Paolo >>> Chet

B Miller >>>> Wembajambalya

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT