ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not trade down, get Scoot/Killer Miller plus like 3 more 1st round picks?

Vicky Wem looks amazing, but I’d be willing to try my luck with one of those other top guys if another NBA GM was desperate enough to move up 1 spot.

Reactions: roguemocha

Vicky Wem looks amazing, but I’d be willing to try my luck with one of those other top guys if another NBA GM was desperate enough to move up 1 spot.
Because this isn’t the NFL or baseball. One guy can change the trajectory of your franchise for the next 15 years.

If he can avoid the injury bug, Wembanyana will bring titles back to SA. Scoot isn't even a lock at 2.

Looking forward to potential Gradey Dick destinations:
OKC- Dick City Thunder / Thunder Dick
ORL- Magic Dick / Dick Magic
NYK- Dickerbockers / Knickerdick
SAC- King Dick
MEM- Grizzle Dick
DET- Piston Dick
WAS- Wiz Dick / Dick Wiz
UTAH- Jazz Dicks
MIA- Dick Heat
DEN- Nugget Dick
GSW- Dick Warriors
HOU- Rocket Dicks / Dick Rockets
LAC- Dick Clipper / Clipper Dick
LAL- Dick La(ic)kers

If he can avoid the injury bug, Wembanyana will bring titles back to SA. Scoot isn't even a lock at 2.

Looking forward to potential Gradey Dick destinations:
OKC- Dick City Thunder
ORL- Magic Dick / Dick Magic
NYK- Dickerbockers / Knickerdick
SAC- King Dick
MEM- Grizzle Dick
DET- Piston Dick
WAS- Wiz Dick / Dick Wiz
UTAH- Jazz Dicks
MIA- Dick Heat
DEN- Nugget Dick
GSW- Dick Warriors
HOU- Rocket Dicks / Dick Rockets
LAC- Dick Clipper / Clipper Dick
LAL- Dick La(ic)kers
You lonely or something, GP?

Based on what I've learned from reading GYERO today, San Antonio should trade draft rights to Wembanyama to the Cincinnati Reds for a handful of their hot minor league prospects.
As an Atlanta Braves fan, I would gladly trade the the best linemen on the Falcons to the Bengals for some of those prospects from the Reds. Who says no to that deal?

Lol, this will be an all timer.

Trade Victor for a guy that was an accessory to murder.

Last edited:
Obviously Spurs take Wemba at 1, but the question is can they avoid the notion to beef him up because that body frame can’t handle that and an nba season at the same time.

It’s not the 90’s so not every team will go for his jugular and back him down until he proves he can stand his ground which helps him.

Scoot is the interesting prospect because 2-5 already all have PGs in place, but he could be better than what they have except Portland who could finally trade Dame.

Reading this past page, a few highly respected regular posters just lost all credibility with their Draft takes.

Not naming anyone specifically, but some of you guys don’t know squat about basketball beyond UKBB.

There was even a Henson = Davis level take. 🤮

For the record, I think Vic will be outstanding, and he's easily the #1 player available in the draft.

I just think if another garbage team like Charlotte is willing to offer something crazy like 3 unprotected #1s to move up a spot, you have to consider taking Killer Miller and loading up on picks. If you look at the last 20 years of #1 overall picks since Lebron James, while there are plenty of stars in that list, there aren't that many that totally changed the trajectory of their original franchise to the exclusion of any other player in that year's draft. There were quite a few, actually, that had little to no impact on their team at all.

Reactions: roguemocha
- I'm no Spurs fan, but I'm glad Vic is going to a front office and a coach that will know what to do with him and how to bring him along. It would have been sad if he'd ended up in Washington, etc.

- The most intriguing result of the lottery last night was Portland ending up with the third pick. Anything outside the top three would have meant status quo, most likely. But now that they are in the top three, they have a legitimate decision to make...trade the pick for an established starter to put with Lillard and Grant (which is what Dame has made very clear that he wants to see happen), or trade Dame, fully embrace the teardown, and rebuild around whatever you get for him, plus Miller/Scoot, Sharpe, Simons, etc.

- Went to one of countless end-of-school awards ceremonies last night. This one lasted 30 minutes and had desserts for everyone. Out of there by 6:45 p.m. and off to an agreeable dinner (post-dessert). If you have to have those things, THAT'S how it should be done.

- HUBER beat me to it with his mention of it on Twitter, but Al Cross absolutely owns election nights in Kentucky. I don't know what he does the other 363 days of the year, but for one night in May and one night in Kentucky, he is the MVP.

Have to wonder when the NBA is going to give Michael Jordan the #1 pick for carrying the league on his back for a decade+ years. Then again, Jordan is absolutely terrible at drafts that it probably would not matter anyway.

Is there a reason the PGA Championship is so early this year? Did they do this last year and I missed it?
They moved it up to May starting in (I think) 2019. IIRC it was to get it out of football season and make the end of the season like the “playoffs” of the FedEx cup.

I thought I’d hate it but TBH I don’t mind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT