ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
MID-MAY RANDOS

* Spent last week in Oak Ridge, TN shooting some new Toyota commercials. Pretty part of the country, but man, I hate Tennessee fans. If we beat them this year, I am going to drive back down there and find the people who bad mouthed my UK gear and talked shit nonstop.

I hate them.

* 5th/6th Grade father daughter Disco dance last Friday night. I was the only one there with one in each grade. Of course I dressed up like an idiot, and the 5th grader went full costume. The 6th grader was too cool and just wore a nice dress. Good times. We Dads brought in our own coolers with beer. I love being Catholic.

* I went 3 straight weeks of eating like an idiot and gained 10 lbs. back. Was also working insane hours and not working out. Great recipe for being a slob.

But, I did discover that the Wendy's Breakfast Baconator is the best fast food breakfast sandwich going. Probably the main reason Rogue's biscuit joints are going out of business.

And I perfected a Crunchwrap Supreme knockoff on the Blackstone.

* I was a huge Celtics fan back in the day, when most of you weren't yet born. But I do not like this current group at all. Tatum put on a helluva show yesterday, though.

* The Bourbon Derby was once again a success. Thanks to all who participated.

* I "won" a silent auction for a date night with Buckeye Marge. We got 2 tix to Moulin Rouge at the Aronoff and $100 gift card to Prime beforehand. It's the day after her birthday, so it was great timing.

* Been watching Manifest. I'm on Season 2. I know I'm late to the party, but its a good show so far.

* I'm trying not to get too Bitch Bussy with Cal in May, but having 10 scholly players seems like it is going to be a challenge. Things could still turn out great, but I am currently not too hopeful.

* Making the SC road trip for football season. Staying at a buddy's condo in Myrtle Beach one night, then heading up to Columbia. I'm not a huge fan of some of the jerks in their fanbase like SAE and Hootie, but looking forward to a good time.

* Holy shit. I stopped by the new Buc-ee's in Richmond on the way home from TN. I had no idea. That place is a GD goldmine. There was a nonstop parade of vehicles pulling in from I-75. I'd heard about it, but was not expecting it to be to that scale.

* Congrats on the new babies, wives, houses, long jogs, agreeable meals and such. It's been a while.

And a belated Happy Mother's Day to all you Mothers out there. I'm mainly looking at you Wodie Sloot and B$.

Have yourselves a great week, GYERO.

I have always wondered why local car dealerships’ commercials… on top of horribly written, usually have half the staff speaking their uncomfortable lines selling trust or whatever. Get actors. Show the cars.

Last time I went to Biscuit Belly, was the last time. The effing biscuit was a glutinous, uncooked mess. Instarrhea. Never more. If you have the focal menu item as part of your stores name… it should be (at the very least) competently executed. Nope.

Salad and Perrier for my lunches for the near future. I too, somehow, gained 7 pounds after pulled pork poker fiesta. That and my nephew brought Philly Pretzel Co. to party… <~~~ kryptonite. I succumb to soft pretzels.

Lotsa people I know are sick or dying. I reckon it gets worse from here, and closer to home. But it’s been a rough spring.

Had my dive watch serviced for a cool $600. That is the last time I do that.

Mediation case on Friday is postponed because P attny has Covid. I mean, his case better be stronger than this excuse.

I want Oscar back. I think his 15+ rebounds may be needed with a bunch of noobs firing bricks.

70+% of all southern men every single morning.
Ive lived way more south than you bro. And yeah if we’re talking mom or grandmas biscuits, for sure.

I said “let’s go get some biscuits.”

How many times have you ever driven to get biscuits besides driving to grandmas house?
The guy who turned the camera on him tried to protect his dumb ass when he realized he had a gun.
No he didn’t because he posted it. If you’re trying to protect him you don’t post that part. Edit the video dumbass.

-Tatum is superstar talent but he fades in tough scenarios way too often. He definitely doesn’t have even 10% of the “mamba/Jordan mentality” he needs to dominate.

He’ll be around in the playoffs but he won’t create anything even close to a dynasty besides the Celts are good every year.

Dudes were scared to guard/have them come to town, Jordan or Kobe (LeBron 5-10 years ago). There’s no one in the NBA “scared” of Giannis or Tatum.

No one wants to see guys like Jimmy Butler in a back alley.

Last time I went to Biscuit Belly, was the last time. The effing biscuit was a glutinous, uncooked mess. Instarrhea. Never more. If you have the focal menu item as part of your stores name… it should be (at the very least) competently executed. Nope.

Year, It's bizarre. Biscuit just falls apart after one bite, and has zero flavor. Any Fast Food biscuit, or even Grands >>>>>

The Lex location isn't closed, btw. There's a line out the door almost every time we go by it, and same here. They're marketing geniuses, I guess.

-Tudor's Biscuit World is apparently fire tho, Lex has one somewhere.

-Nice to see Duke returning 4 of their 5 NBA leans, smh. They're gonna be absolutely stacked. Not sold on Hubert one bit, but Scheyer may end up being a great hire. Still early, obviously.

-Reeves didn't fare too well at the G-League Elite camp, no combine invite. Run it back, Tone! 🙏

-Jury Duty & Beef are both quick/fun little casual watches. Anyone peeped 'White House Plumbers' on HBO yet?

Last edited:
No he didn’t because he posted it. If you’re trying to protect him you don’t post that part. Edit the video dumbass.
It was Instagram live.

Tudors does have great biscuits but their gravy was inedible the one time I got it. Tasted burnt and like raw flour at the same time, had to spit it out at first bite.

Reactions: roguemocha
-Really? Biscuits are a southern thing? Grandmas biscuits? WTF are you talking about?

Grandmas = great gravy

-Tatum fades? It doesn’t get anymore tough than Game 7, and he certainly didn’t fade. I’d love to see the stats on games that Tatum fades and then show how Jaylon Brown did that night. I’d be willing to bet there is some correlation there.

Back to Back Finals may not be a dynasty, but it’s a far cry from being “good” every year.

-Anyway, you know who fades and is a complete KD level bitch, Joel Embiid. Hey loser you were gifted a MVP this year out of sheer “someone else has to win this” and then blame your teammates when you suck.

Rebuild that team around our boy Maxey! He should have been given the keys anyway because Harden is done.

- It’s only day 3 for Levis in Titans camp, but the kid has it. I’m stoked for his position in the organization to learn and get ready before a mid season takeover. Dude hit some passes yesterday I was happy to see, and his footwork in their drills has been better than expected.

- I completely messed up on a project which required meeting with the top people for my client. Without hesitation I just admitted to misreading the plan and took the blame, whatever. No reason to sit here and argue and go tit for tat over it, shit happens!

Left the meeting listening to my manager try to “manage” the situation to avoid costing “us” anymore money.

Within an hour the group called my manager to get whatever materials to the site, and they’ll pay since the salesman was honest and hasn’t been off like that in his 3 years they’ve done business with him.

Moral of the story, sometimes just be accountable, especially when it’s going to cost the company more than you!

- I heard the name Matt Rife on Matt Jones 4-5 days ago for the first time in my life. Amazingly that little twerp is now in every feed I have which is extremely creepy.

Ive lived way more south than you bro. And yeah if we’re talking mom or grandmas biscuits, for sure.

I said “let’s go get some biscuits.”

How many times have you ever driven to get biscuits besides driving to grandmas house?

What do you think a huge chunk of everyone in the Hardee’s/Chick-fil-A/McDonalds etc drive-thru lines are ordering for breakfast?

Got around to watching that SEC Network series on the history of SEC Hoops. Great stuff. Glad they spent a good few minutes on that Alabama-Arkansas 1992 SEC Tournament semifinal. Still one of the best games I've ever watched on the college level.

Come on back, Reeves. We could really use you again this year.

Kitchen counters this week. Nothing like a remodel to make you realize how much bull$hit you horde or don't need but hadn't found the reason to get rid of it.

Nice to meet Wildcatadam on Saturday. That Isbell shirt was 👍👍.

Yankees/Reds this weekend. Reds calling up Matt McClain. Elly de la Cruz will be also up in no time. That team could get interesting if Lodolo can get healthy and get his command back.

Blackberry Smoke next weekend in @_Chase_ 's backyard. Should be fun. Lots of family going.

NYC in 5 weeks. Still have SW vouchers to burn, so hoping to squeeze in a Vegas quickie or 2 this summer/fall.

Vegas is going nuts over the F1 race. One local vlogger swears it will be bigger than the Super Bowl will be. That's crazy to me.

It was Instagram live.

Tudors does have great biscuits but their gravy was inedible the one time I got it. Tasted burnt and like raw flour at the same time, had to spit it out at first bite.
That doesn’t help by any means. Who does IG live? Who watches? You’re a loser in both cases because no one really cares what you have to say. My best buds wife does that “live” stuff all the time, never watched once. Heads up, you’re not important and no one cares. I guess I don’t get it.

-Also yes I think biscuits are more southern than any other places. In NYC they eat stupid bagels not biscuits.

Furthermore, eating a big piece of bread with butter on it for a meal is dumb.

-Live F1 races are sick and anyone can go. The Super Bowl is lame these days and only 68K can go and they’re mostly all connected. It’s not a real crowd.

Okay great NYC has everything, I believe you. I still say my buddies and I have never said, “Let’s go get biscuits!” We’ve gone to Ramseys or winchells, but never went to go eat biscuits at a biscuit place.

Vegas is going nuts over the F1 race. One local vlogger swears it will be bigger than the Super Bowl will be. That's crazy to me.

350,000 - 400,000 attendees over the 3 days is the estimate....$1.3B estimate to the local economy for this event alone. For comparison, the strip did $8.2B in revenue for 2022.

- Big week for ol' KL, gang. Sorry for being annoying on the socials about it, but gotta do what you gotta do to get tickets out the door.

- Only a few minutes into Steven Wright's appearance on the Rogan podcast and it's already fascinating. One of the all-time greats, imo. I don't typically read novels, but his new one will be worth a pick-up.

- Didn't realize that the Nuggets have never been to an NBA Finals. Makes sense considering that their best historical players (English, Melo, etc.) came along during both Laker dynasty runs. May just pull for those guys in honor of our fallen brother Bret B.

- Trips to both Branson AND Quebec City lined up during the month of July. Cultural whiplash.

- Hockey.

The Florida keys are not the south. And tbh, as weird as it sounds, most of Kentucky is more southern than Florida. Central Florida and some of the panhandle excluded.

Biscuits are better as a side piece and not the whole show. And that’s ok! Biscuits just need to know their role. Lees/kfc/Popeyes are likely all better than biscuit baby belly or whatever. Was also a huge fan of moms biscuits growing up. Some butter/honey on a fresh biscuit with some chicken casserole >>>

I haven’t listened to Colin cowherd in years, but I would bet the farm that he has glazed all over jon scheyer as the next Nick saban of basketball, or some stupid shit. I can almost hear him now, some borderline homosexual shit like, “Jon Scheyer is handsome. Extremely handsome. And I bet he smells great too. Nice haircut. His pants fit in all the right areas. He will have. Duke. Rolling.” Thanks Colin.

Louisville announced a WaWa's coming here next year, and it's randomly on my Street (Vaughn Mill/Manslick area), which is far from a busy area, or where you'd think they'd launch in KY.

Louisville announced a WaWa's coming here next year, and it's randomly on my Street (Vaughn Mill/Manslick area), which is far from a busy area, or where you'd think they'd launch in KY.
I don't get the WaWa love. Buccees or however you spell it is a unique looking place. WaWa's is a normal looking gas station. It would be like being excited about a 7-11.

Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR

Announced a 2nd one which will be driver / 9i from our house at Taylorsville & Sweeney. Guess it beats another apartment complex.

You know you’re in South Jersey with the WaWa’s Maginot line (a South Jersey/Philly staple). I’m a northern Jersey guy, so we don’t see them.

They do have decent drunk-guy chicken parm heroes in a pinch.

Was driving around today and saw a cookie place. I mean, WHAT IN THE EVERLOVIN' F***?

Never once in my entire life have I ever said to my bros "Hey bros, let's go get some cookies!!" Guarantee the place closes within days. Just so stupid.
I mean, I totally agree. Sweets are awful to me.

You know GYERO has aged when people are getting excited about gas stations coming to their area. To hell with slanging dong, they have beef jerky!

At least get more excited about Publix than gas. Were all getting the best chain grocery store ever created.

-And yes the Keys are definitely not south, I was just busting balls. Central Florida is way redder than almost anywhere. Go to Gainesville and drive off campus. There is NOTHING.

People move to central Florida and are like yeah but I have this dope house! And you’re two hours from the beach, why live in Florida and be way off the coast? You just love heat and humidity? (I do, I love heat and humidity but still would rather rent in St. Pete or the Keys than own in the middle of nothingness.

I've never seen the Reds farm system look like this. Just absolutely mf'ing stacked, especially offensively.

Christian Encarnacion-Strand hit like .580 in Spring Training, and he's our 7th-rated prospect. McClain is hitting .350 with 12 home runs and he's only our 3rd highest-rated shortstop. Elly De La Cruz is (by some accounts) the #1 prospect in all of baseball.

We've got 3 studs at the top of the rotation, a TON of big bats coming up thru the farm system, and now we need to address the god awful bullpen. We're going to the World Series next year, FYI.

Last edited:
I've lived in the South for 44 years, and never once have my bros been like "hey bros, LET'S GO TO ST LOUIS!"

(except for anth's bach, which was awesome)

Reactions: roguemocha
I have been to Buc-ee's twice, and both times, I thought:

1. Holy shit, these are the cleanest bathrooms I've ever been in. Including my own house. I mean, those bathroom attendant ladies are NOT playing around.
2. How did they get gas so much cheaper? Why didn't I drive in circles to make sure I ran my gas tank even lower to buy more of this super cheap gas and flex on everyone for how cheap I got my gas like a 74-year-old man?
3. The gummy butterflies are unreal.
4. I haven't bought marmalade from a gas station before, but boy howdy, I'm buying this.
5. How are all the staffers so nice and pleasant? They're the unstressed lassies of the gas station world.
6. This life-size Buc-ee Beaver is both hilarious and terrifying?
7. How many t-shirts with the Buc-ee's logo on them are acceptable for an adult woman to own?

My best friend and her husband stopped there on their way to my wedding and when they arrived, he was wearing a Buc-ee's hat and shirt and had a sticker on his water bottle already. I never thought I'd bought into the hype either, but it's honestly a really, really well done operation.

Last edited:

1. Holy shit, these are the cleanest bathrooms I've ever been in. Including my own house. I mean, those bathroom attendant ladies are NOT playing around.
2. How did they get gas so much cheaper? Why didn't I drive in circles to make sure I ran my gas tank even lower to buy more of this super cheap gas and flex on everyone for how cheap I got my gas like a 74-year-old man?
4. I haven't bought marmalade from a gas station before, but boy howdy, I'm buying this.
5. How are all the staffers so nice and pleasant? They're the unstressed lassies of the gas station world.
7. How many t-shirts with the Buc-ee's logo on them are acceptable for an adult woman to own?

My best friend and her husband stopped there on their way to my wedding and when they arrived, he was wearing a Buc-ee's hat and shirt and had a sticker on his water bottle already. I never thought I'd bought into the hype either, but it's honestly a really, really well done operation.
Buc-ee's is awesome. Only been to the Richmond location but damn! You won't have to wait for a gas pump to open.

That's how they get you. But seriously, according the 45 minute history lesson from the old boss, that was their primary focus to get people into the store and they grew it from that.

Reactions: pretzel__logic

You sold me at #2. The rest is icing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT