ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pitino having a good squad going to actually motivate Cal? He’s been dog shit since Pitino collapse at UL, here’s to hoping.

Used to have a sheetz when I was at school at WVU and they were fine I guess. They started popping up in Columbus last year and people were acting excited about this shitty gas station coming to town. I keep seeing them pop up however and then I read an article - they are opening up THIRTY SIX in the next two years. Like what in the F. And, in that same article, they said WaWa is coming to town next year as well. Are shitty gas stations the next mattress stores?

I’ll take biscuits or English muffins as a one.

My WV cousin works at a Sheetz. When I asked her what that was she looked at me like I was a crazy person. But, then again, she’s never lived anywhere but ceredo-kenova, WV and Ironton, OH.

White House Plumbers is very good and funny. Harrelson is great and the guy playing Liddy is even better. What a character in real life if any of that about Gordo is true. But you can feel the contempt and hate by the writers.

- Buc-ee's just broke ground near Bowling Green. They announced a 3rd KY location on I-24 near Hoptown but have decided to move it into TN near Clarksville.

- Hope Publix works in Louisville. Maybe Paducah could eventually get one but they don't even have a Target yet so the chances are slim.

I’m not ignoring it, I’m hoping like hell the kid snaps out of a hood life crisis he is in.

It’s unreal to see it unfold honestly. I hate when it’s cliche to say WTF, but seriously, WTF is wrong with that kid?

Not wanting potatoes in a breakfast burrito is a shocking take. Granted they need to be the seasoned home fry type or extra crispy tots but I almost expect potatoes in my breakfast burrito.

Last year I stopped at the Richmond Buc-ee’s at 2 AM on the way home from the beach. THAT is the time to go. They didn’t have fresh brisket but it’s overrated anyway. Had all the time in the world just to browse around without hordes of people everywhere.

Just listened to the KSR podcast and Ja apparently blew a 40 million contract bonus by not making the all NBA team because he was suspended for those 8 games.

That’s a lot of money to look “cool”. I can’t imagine how much he’s about to lose missing half the season, sponsors, salary, etc.

He, in two months, has likely blown more money than anyone we know will ever make.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Potatoes may or may not belong in a breakfast burrito, never had one, but Taco John’s Crunchy Chicken & Potato burrito is the tits.

Reactions: grantbob
Just listened to the KSR podcast and Ja apparently blew a 40 million contract bonus by not making the all NBA team because he was suspended for those 8 games.

That’s a lot of money to look “cool”. I can’t imagine how much he’s about to lose missing half the season, sponsors, salary, etc.

He, in two months, has likely blown more money than anyone we know will ever make.

Whatever. You can’t put a price on street cred.

Also, last I checked, holding a pistol is perfectly 1000% legal.

So the new coworkers at UK hospital are a breath of fresh air -

One woman's granddad played for Rupp & won two titles - plus Olympic gold

Her dad also played for Rupp in the 70s

Two aunts were UK cheerleaders --

Thats pretty cool

Theres a dude that played for Coach R. Kidd's EKU teams of the 80s (title team that beat Deleware) ---- dude had cool NFL / CFL training camp stories

Talked to my aunt today - she taught at UK and within some form of BCTC maybe - tutored Melvin Turpin, Dirk Minnifield & LeRoy Byrd ....and introduced me to Wah-Wah Jones a few years back

Love me some UK tradition and historical players

Of course the guy with the Bucee’s logo as his avatar is this stupid.

It’s legal sure, it’s not legal for you to do that if your employer, here it’s the NBA, says you can’t do that and you signed a contract saying you wouldn’t or you’d pay the consequences.

See the difference? He can do that all day and he won’t go to jail but the NBA can fine or suspend him for as long as they want.

How are people more stupid than me?

Reactions: august-west
Primanti's hopes to sweeten bid for Amazon HQ with free sandwiches |  Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Yea well there is a difference between legal and stupid. Sadly, the idiots of the world don’t get that it doesn’t matter what your boss/employer doesn’t want to put up with.

Totally ignorant after the stupid crap he has gotten away with. He is totally unmarketable this point, and I almost hope he decides to be too stupid to learn this lesson too and gets kicked out of the NBA.

Even AI wasn’t this stupid in his pursuit to be what he was.

It’s a damn shame to hear people speak out that really came from the gutter and say he is hustling backwards, but he simply won’t listen.

Good luck out here once the media turns the fans on you!

Reactions: august-west
Krazy, a McD’s sausage and egg McMuffin with mustard is 🔥
However, if you’re fishing early and McD’s isn’t on the way but Sonic happens to be, grab the bacon and egg griller for the win.

Morant is just young and trying to be Insta hood. Already has the fame but wants to impress the homies who obviously are dumber than him for letting it happen.

I was telling a friend last week if you lined up 20 NBA players and picked teams without knowing anything about them Joker and Luka would be the last 2 picks. Neither looks like an athlete much less probably the 2 best players.

Anyone going to Florida or living there want a Pei Wei $25 gift card? Got one in a pallet and obviously not going to use it.

I've never seen the Reds farm system look like this. Just absolutely mf'ing stacked, especially offensively.

Christian Encarnacion-Strand hit like .580 in Spring Training, and he's our 7th-rated prospect. McClain is hitting .350 with 12 home runs and he's only our 3rd highest-rated shortstop. Elly De La Cruz is (by some accounts) the #1 prospect in all of baseball.

We've got 3 studs at the top of the rotation, a TON of big bats coming up thru the farm system, and now we need to address the god awful bullpen. We're going to the World Series next year, FYI.

wFQQ30T.jpeg

- you 3 weeks ago

- Thought the AirJordan movie was Disneyfied garbage. I wasn’t surprised. As soon as I saw Fatt Damon of all people was playing Vacaro, I knew it had no chance but I listened to the people. Of course, these are the same people who list “Remember the Titans” as a great film.

- Scheyer is the best young coach I’ve ever seen get blown out in the second round. I mean, a disappointing season in the worst ACC I’ve ever seen, a 5-seed AND a second round appearance? Wow. Going to be a superstar.

- I have a real problem with precociously children. Act your age, kid.

- I apologize in advance to KingLlama for this as I’m sure he’ll be on the circuit soon enough, BUT am I the only one who has absolutely nothing - zilch- for motivational speakers?

“How is everyone today?”
* Slight response.
“Let’s try that again- HOW is everyone today?”
* laughs and louder response
“That’s better! But one more time, HOW is everyone today?”

- My deck is an absolutely outstanding place for outdoor drinking and social activity. So been working on my deck mix. Have to go chill, but positive. You’re not putting The National on a deck mix. Mix in some Buffet, maybe a little Jack Johnson, some country, a little reggae. It’s a delicate balance.

- Louisville changes conferences like Tommy changes girlfriends so guess we shouldn’t be surprised the ACC is going belly up.

- Thought the AirJordan movie was Disneyfied garbage. I wasn’t surprised. As soon as I saw Fatt Damon of all people was playing Vacaro, I knew it had no chance but I listened to the people. Of course, these are the same people who list “Remember the Titans” as a great film.
I hear ya, buddy. Bravo!

Reactions: Kooky Kats
wFQQ30T.jpeg

- you 3 weeks ago

Our farm system has been shit for a decade, you idiot. The majority of these players were acquired/drafted/etc within the past year.

You were trying to say we have always had a great farm system, whereas I was correctly pointing out it’s been historically bad until very recently.

Christian Encarnacion-Strand and Spencer Steer = acquired from the Twins for Tyler Mahle in 2022
Noelvi Marte and Edwin Arroyo = acquired from the Mariners for Luis Castillo in 2022
Cam Collier = drafted in 2022
Matt McClain = drafted in 2021
Elly De La Cruz = signed in 2018, but didn't play in the US until 2021

Nice try though, bub!

Here's a great document showing the recent historical ranking on the Reds farm system....

CLICK HERE TO LEARN SOMETHING

It goes back more than 10 years, and tracks a wide variety of publications, the majority of which rank the Reds mid pack at best from year to year.

2022 and 2023, however --> there are a ton of "experts" who have us in the top 5. You should really follow this stuff, 80 Proof. It's pretty interesting.

Reactions: WayneDougan
I can't decide on this Reds City Connect gear. I love it and hate it. Grabbed the CINCY t-shirt last night. Love the hat except for the red piping. Looks goofy. They would've sold a billion De La Cruz jerseys if they aligned that release with his call up.

I would love it if UK would make some kind of effort like this and nail it. Instead we get staple removers.

Levis is starting to win over local media in Nashville. They seem to have all moved from anguish to cautious optimism.

Here's a great document showing the recent historical ranking on the Reds farm system....

CLICK HERE TO LEARN SOMETHING

It goes back more than 10 years, and tracks a wide variety of publications, the majority of which rank the Reds mid pack at best from year to year.

2022 and 2023, however --> there are a ton of "experts" who have us in the top 5. You should really follow this stuff, 80 Proof. It's pretty interesting.
Upper middle of the rankings = good, definitely doesn't equal shit like our major league performance has indicated and you are saying. I never said we were great like you are trying to argue. For that matter i only said "we've always had good prospects", not how well our overall system was.

You understand nuance about as well as Bud Light understands their customers.

Reds farm system rankings fall somewhere between the best biscuit rating and best supporting actor award in a mini-series about goats.

*that might be too high considering the Reds haven't finished better than 3rd since 2012.

*anyone who studies farm system rankings might want to take up collecting pokemon cards instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT