ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm attending UFC's Fight Night tomorrow in Charlotte. Brother in law used some connections to score cage side seats. Good excuse to get out of the house with the wife sans kiddos.

Interestingly, UFC is the only "sport" my wife will watch. Couldn't tell you the difference between a Kimura and Triangle Choke but did state once that she would probably pick some UFC fighter as her hall pass when jokingly discussing it with my brother and sister in law.

Thanks in advance for congrats on the sex is what I'm saying.

Right there with ya, WCC! We've had pinkeye in the house for nearly 3 weeks, and my time has come. Started getting gooey yesterday. It's awful. Feel like a leper.

Gridiron Cats are an enigma. I get sleeping on em. Talking heads are probably seeing that we lost most of the bright spots from the roster of a disappointing 7-6 team. High ceiling though. Reals know.

I’m fine with bringing on a 27 year old that looks like a fullback that played in the championship game. That’s a great practice player that’ll make sure the freshmen grow up quick and will have a swagger on the court. HAVING SAID THAT we also need some touching offense Cal for gods sake bring on another experienced shooter that can space the court.

- My daughter has had pinkeye all week so guess what- I woke up all goo-eyed this morning. I look like shit. No adult should have F’ing pinkeye.

- Hip/knee/shoulder replacements are all simple procedures these days with robotics. Minimal incisions, blood loss or muscle tissue damage. Technology baby.

- Look I like the idea of Keshad Johnson- tough, physical, experienced SOB who will certainly make a huge difference on D and in transition offensively. BUT I’m afraid halfcourt offense will once again be a grind. Maybe Cal will play him with Bradshaw a bit. Could work.

- Gridiron Cats being slept on a bit or is it just me?
Your daughter sounds like she gets as sick as my youngest. It’s non stop!

Reactions: wcc31
I’m fine with bringing on a 27 year old that looks like a fullback that played in the championship game. That’s a great practice player that’ll make sure the freshmen grow up quick and will have a swagger on the court. HAVING SAID THAT we also need some touching offense Cal for gods sake bring on another experienced shooter that can space the court.

As always, the concern is more our dipshit coach being saved from himself with the roster.

What’s the opposite of spacing the floor? We should just do that. Have 1 guard who launches the ball at the basket when he crosses half court and 4 guys waiting in the paint to rebound. Positionless basketball!

It’s unbelievable. Cal really believes “positionless” means playing down a position. It’s like the SOB has never watched the NBA or our opponents. All he watches is us and Tennessee play.

Watch - Johnson will commit and Cal’s quote will discuss his spot at the 3.

Reeves is the key to the whole thing, obviously. He comes back, I feel pretty good about everything - I'm pretty indifferent to Oscar at this point, as least compared to Reeves.

He doesn't, and we just add 2- 3 more bigs ---> we're absolutely f'd.

-Really surprised to see TJ Beisner leaving -- dude was basically living the dream and his career path here has been impressive. Must be a nice promotion, or perhaps he's just over all the Bullshit.

Last edited:
Spring football practice is about to wrap up here in Texas. As a rising sophomore my nephew is getting a dose of reality.

However, if you are a good player there are plenty of perks. The biggest being that there are college coaches at just about every practice for these big 6A schools. TCU, Ole Miss and Utah State yesterday and the rumor is Alabama will be there for the scrimmage today.

Maybe that happens more in KY now that it has become a football state. I'm sure UK hits up a lot of practice in Lex/Lou/Cin/Nash, etc..

I was about to post potential roster additions from the portal and how they'd fit with Ugo/Thiero/Reeves and the freshmen but it doesn't really matter because Cal will find a way to be one guard short, play everyone out of position, and run the 2008 Charlotte Hornets offense or whatever so who cares anymore go cats

Spring football practice is about to wrap up here in Texas. As a rising sophomore my nephew is getting a dose of reality.

However, if you are a good player there are plenty of perks. The biggest being that there are college coaches at just about every practice for these big 6A schools. TCU, Ole Miss and Utah State yesterday and the rumor is Alabama will be there for the scrimmage today.

Maybe that happens more in KY now that it has become a football state. I'm sure UK hits up a lot of practice in Lex/Lou/Cin/Nash, etc..
Thanks for the update. Nobody gives a shit.

I was about to post potential roster additions from the portal and how they'd fit with Ugo/Thiero/Reeves and the freshmen but it doesn't really matter because Cal will find a way to be one guard short, play everyone out of position, and run the 2008 Charlotte Hornets offense or whatever so who cares anymore go cats

There's no pain on the Bitch Bus Summer Vacation.

Did you guys know they pack your nose full of cocaine if they can’t stop the nose bleed
Silly goose that’s silver nitrate not cocaine

They use either one, possibly both, depending on multiple factors. Silver nitrate to cauterize a small localized bleed, cocaine to vacoconstrict when bleeding is more diffuse or in multiple places or places that can't be reached by cauterizer.

What is the best site for UK news these days? Just all the basic information - like a backup lineman who commits from the portal. Does Tucker cover day-to-day stuff like that, or does he just do fancy exposes?

I had been using KSR for such news, they at least have “beat” writers, and it’s free, but today they had one of those things that block you if you don’t disable your adblocker. I refuse to do that for any site, let alone one I felt dirty visiting. That On69 network or whatever they are a part of is bushleague as hell.

I will probably just figure out wherever Maggard is posting these days.

Reactions: UKMKG
Me too. But it’s been a long time since people posted about day to day stuff here. Twitter ended that.

I guess I should caveat that with I have never done twitter. So I have to check actual websites for news updates. Like in the olden days.

Edit - I just realized by “this site” you mean the actual catpaw website, not Gyero. Is the news service provided by catpaw worthwhile? Does Jeffrey Drummond post his thoughts and comment on the news of the day?

Last edited:
Me too. But it’s been a long time since people posted about day to day stuff here. Twitter ended that.

I guess I should caveat that with I have never done twitter. So I have to check actual websites for news updates. Like in the olden days.

Edit - I just realized by “this site” you mean the actual catpaw website, not Gyero. Is the news service provided by catpaw worthwhile? Does Jeffrey Drummond post his thoughts and comment on the news of the day?
I actually meant GYERO

The Operator is a pretty good podcast if you want to hear how the guy from SEAL Team 6 shot bin Laden and first most, how you get through BUDS by almost definition.

I want to “believe” I can do all the physical stuff besides maybe cardio. But at 21 or whatever, there’s no way. The mental stuff is obviously WAY harder.

What is the best site for UK news these days? Just all the basic information - like a backup lineman who commits from the portal. Does Tucker cover day-to-day stuff like that, or does he just do fancy exposes?

I had been using KSR for such news, they at least have “beat” writers, and it’s free, but today they had one of those things that block you if you don’t disable your adblocker. I refuse to do that for any site, let alone one I felt dirty visiting. That On69 network or whatever they are a part of is bushleague as hell.

I will probably just figure out wherever Maggard is posting these days.
I don’t think that adblocker thing is real…might just be a glitch

Either way the site is safe now that we are on3. Before that I would have understood

Reactions: roguemocha
773b1c743948b83438d9845b3ea2c0c4.jpg

🐝

When a dog digs a hole, where does the dirt go?

One would think they could just fill it back in with that dirt from around the hole, but not so.

I don’t think that adblocker thing is real…might just be a glitch

Either way the site is safe now that we are on3. Before that I would have understood
Matt sounding like Elon responding to people on Twitter about features of the site. Things are getting weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
Old guy bachelor party was a success.

Poker table still looks good. My nephews are sharks. I crapped out through 6 hands of bad beats.

Pulled pork was on point. Haven’t had it in a year, that’s about the proper rotation. Any more and it gets boring.

Cuban cohibas and Stagg Jr made me wake up at 5 with the taste of monkey shit in my mouth hole. Was delicious 4 hours prior though.

Reactions: roguemocha

The premium portion of this site has the best regular info on the internet for UK. Rowland is sll over football, Sisk and Travis do good on basketball. Drummond is the icing on the cake

The Athletic is absolutely worth signing up for after Christmas when they have the $20 for a year option.

Maybe your best post ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT