ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a typical situation I could understand why a basketball coach can't get everything he ask for. Especially after his latest results. But Mitch is the one that said we didn't have the funds, so Cal raised $32 mill on his own. Then he changed his excuse to some title x bullshit.
Sorry, but if someone else raises the funds you find a FU@kING way to build the damn thing. Worst AD in the country.

-while I understand and get behind Rob's point, it ain't that easy...UK is a government entity, boxes must be checked and hoops must be jumped through.

-is there even a proposed site to build on?

If you seek comprehension, well friend, this isn’t the internet thread for you.

It’s not that the inhabitants lack the ability to comprehend, they just don’t give a damn about doing so.

See to them, comprehension, as important as it may be, is secondary to annoying and embarrassing their friends.
This summarizes most of my relationships, actually.

Honestly, think of the hilarious comedy #takes if UK announced a new multi million dollar basketball practice facility. Oh man the jokesters would have a field day.

Went to Vegas for a long weekend so, what did I miss?

- We lost a recruit cuz our facilities are below par? Meh. I'd rather play in Rupp than Allen Fieldhouse any day.
- Now that Bronny went to USC, we might lose another recruit? Meh, nothing will change till we lose the coach.
- Why is the Derby winner always on my radar, but I always end up leaving him out of everything.
- The Venetian was excellent. First time there, and I really enjoyed the property.
- Speaking of Vegas, I highly recommend Smith & Wollensky and the Davidoff cigar bar.
- Old Vegas on Cinco de Mayo was even more ridiculous than usual.
- Did everybody's eyes start going downhill when they hit 50 like mine? 20/20 vision then, now, not so much.
- Have we finally warmed up for good?

Last edited:
I actually applaud Mitch for being being financially prudent unlike most athletic departments (cough UConn, Louisville) who run up tens of millions of dollars of debt and pass it on to the university or the students.

I blame Mitch though for always seeming to wait until a facility is beyond repair and building new instead of continuously upgrading every couple years. Seems to me that a portion the SEC football tv contract alone could be set aside yearly to keep up with modern facilities.

I mean Memorial Coliseum needed updating 25 years ago when I was there. But here we are… having to do $80mm all at once.

Dude just murdered the Portal. Assume he’ll survive bc he’s Huggy, and in West Virginia.

Seems like If you’re bold enough and give zero Fs it seems to work out better with the #culture.

I mean, Penn just fired a top/popular Barstool dude for accidentally reading N**** while rapping lyrics off of his phone, which could literally happen to anyone. 🙄

This is clearly much worse.

Last edited:
I actually applaud Mitch for being being financially prudent unlike most athletic departments (cough UConn, Louisville) who run up tens of millions of dollars of debt and pass it on to the university or the students.

Financially prudent? Turning down free money isn't financially prudent, it's the opposite.

I mean the hoard won’t stop until he’s fired and then they’ll forget about it and move on to the next thing, but either way would be a shame to have him fired. With it being WVU I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

Who else thought it was going be Catholic touches? Was a tad shocked when he dropped gaf.
Me too, when I saw the story on ESPN.com. I thought “oh, a profane religious slur”. But then it was the other which is I guess much worse.

Huggins will probably be fired, just like every single person on here with a job would be if they showed up to work tomorrow and dropped a couple slurs in front of a huge audience while in their course of duty.

It’s also completely correct that this will be 100% forgotten in a few days, so I certainly hope the WVU powers have the balls to weather the storm until it passes. That should happen way more often.

Cancel culture doesn’t exist. Period.

-#PTI(pti)

Just look at Trump or Morgan Wallen!!! And Kanye!! They’re killing it!

Woke Mobs simply aren’t a thing. Single mistakes have have zero effect on public people in 2023, it’s all a mirage

Who cares of you get labeled a racist or whatever, or have your NAME tarnished for eternity over an unfortunate moment, lol

As long as you get the bag. Jmo. 🙄

Last edited:
If there’s ever a bet to take, it’s Warriors ML. There is absolutely no way the NBA wants that a 5 gamer.

And the warriors aren’t getting closed out in 5 at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT