ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how small market teams win.

I absolutely love what Nick Krall is doing.

giphy.gif

I feel like a lot of highly educated professionals are going to be replaced by AI in the next decade. Doctors, lawyers, analysts, etc... there will still be a human element to administer and interface with clients, but it will greatly reduce the need for brains at desks.

Time for the younger generations to learn a trade.

Based on visiting about 10 diff dr offices for me and my kids over the last year, I can confirm there aren’t a lot of brains at the desks of these offices anymore.

Talking to a computer will probably be a better experience.

Reactions: grantbob
So far this year, 20% of scholarship players in Division 1 CBB have entered the portal.

In comparison, 18% of NBA players were involved in free agency or traded.

Before the new portal rule, of having to sit out a year, the average in CBB was between 3-5%.

Not a fan of free agency in the NFL nor NBA. It has almost ruined trying to be a diehard. Most players get traded every 2-4 seasons, and it’s extremely rare these days for teams to stay together like the Warriors have in the NBA, or like the Patriots and Steelers did in the aughts.

Was hoping NIL would clean up the one and done mess, and for the most part, it has.

However, the portal is worse, and it affects football and basketball.

I miss the days of the non pro players staying and developing over 3-4 seasons, ala, Delk, Erik Daniel’s, D Miller. Now, they act like if they don’t go pro, it’s a failure and they transfer out.

Who would be the player under Cal who developed the most between freshman to junior/senior year?

WCS, Richards, Quickley, Miller?

Last edited:
Reactions: Col. Angus
-speaking of futuristic hellscapes, I just finished the first season of Altered Carbon on the Netfix...pretty good show.

^the female lead is Martha Higareda. You're welcome, @wcc31 et al.

Last edited:
i do a lot of work in autonomous trucks. It’s a long way off for a couple key reasons one of which is the risk of harm if a security breach occurs. Forget a bunch of autonomous trucks driving into a crowd of people - that would shut it down permanently. What if 5,000 of them shut down all at once on the nation’s highways? So fear not knowledge workers! When you lose your job in 3 months you can still get a truck driving job and likely retire as a truck driver.

- As a single issue voter, I am only concerned if Craft will indefinitely close the schools every time there’s a viral outbreak and/or just a bunch of people feel icky - especially in the Montclair area of Lexington. I’m looking for a real closure hawk to represent me. If so, she has my vote.

- Love when my wife empowers me to make the smallest, most inconsequential decisions about house decor as if I’m a F’ing idiot who doesn’t know what she’s doing.

- Love the old guy at the ballgame with the headphones so he can listen to the radio broadcast.

- Did people really believe changing the awesome name “Bullets” to lame name “Wizards” was going to have an effect on people shooting each other?

- Appears Oscar is back. To say I’m muddleheaded about this is an understatement.

I cannot imagine having that much money and lighting it on fire to be governor of Kentucky.

I would just buy a senator or two and a few representatives and go f*ck off in the Bahamas or something.

-yep, that's 7mil *cash* (after tax), none of this assets/"on paper" bs. At 5% return that's a cool 350k a year without invading the principal. A man could retire *nicely* on that.

^this assumes our digital overlords allow such a thing, of course.

Between Lodolo yesterday (4 2/3 IP) and whatever a Luke Stoudt is.... (2/3 IP)....19 hits and 14 earned runs. REDS!

I mean if Oscar is going to play better defense, stop shitty passes that lead to turnovers, stop shooting awful shots, stop apparently being odd and not on the same page as the rest of the team, as well as not arguing with Cal apparently according to mags on here a month ago then hell yes cmon back!!

-Count me in the group that is ready to move on from Oscar. No thanks!

-UK Football just outside the top 25, ok, can’t wait to once again shove that stupid idea right down the medias throat!

-No offense to mags, but no wonder Cameron skipped. It’s a good thing he does hosting it, but none of those candidates are really candidates, right?

Still voting for Cameron without a doubt.

We haven’t had a great passer in forever. I reckon Ulis was our last great playmaker from a passing perspective.

I mean if Oscar is going to play better defense, stop shitty passes that lead to turnovers, stop shooting awful shots, stop apparently being odd and not on the same page as the rest of the team, as well as not arguing with Cal apparently according to mags on here a month ago then hell yes cmon back!!

Are you absolutely positive you would like to pass on this opportunity to give Oscar Tshiebwe $75,000 from your company's 2024 budget?

He is going to do absolutely nothing for your business; no appearances, no branding, no meet and greets. You and your hard working employees will gain absolutely nothing from this affiliation.

Last chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT