ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jermarl Baker is transferring to New Mexico, so he will have played with both Jamal Mashburn Jr and Sr during his lengthy college career.

This is amazing... he'll have played for four teams over six seasons. Is there anybody who has played for five teams?

I used to like Draymond Green and the way he played. I haven't watched much NBA since he first came on the scene but what a punk he has turned in to.

Draymond been this way for years. It was just easier to like him when he was doing this kind of stuff to unlikable cats (by comparison) like Chris Paul, Lebron James et al.

Reactions: UK_Dallas
Draymond has been doing this for a decade. We (people) like it because it’s old school. If you were Curry you’d love it, you have an enforcer that will make sure no one messes with you. Gretzky had his. Jordan would fight you, Larry Bird or almost any of the Celtics would, Magic not really.

Now I’ll say Charles Oakley, that dude, shewboy. I’m 100% good on him. I always respected that dude at the Knicks. John Starks though, touch him.

Also, Corliss Williamson. Shewee, mom always said she’d never want to see him in a back alley. Given, she’s never been in a back alley.

I've enjoyed aspects of every version of the band, but it was never going to be as good as Fair Warning again. That's the high-water mark for me. EVH was in the zone. Funkiest riffs of his career.

Amateur take. Sammy took over and 5150 became the bar at all levels...musicianship, writing, etc.

This Kings v Dubs series is what I imagine a 7 game series with UNC in 2017 would be like.

Shew wee, I couldn’t imagine being a fan of either team. I pull for the Kings because I can’t stand the Warriors, and I love watching Fox and Monk, but these games are cardiac.

The NBA game is beautiful to watch. Light years ahead of the college game.

Put Sammy Hagar, Gwyneth Paltrow and Pete Davidson in the Pantheon of annoying assholes who undeservedly matriculated in their craft by being awful.

The fact you put Hagar in the same sentence as those other two pretty much states you should refrain from speaking about this.

-i like hagar's solo stuff and montrose.

^VH was much better with Roth.

Vs

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

High Noons OK? More interested in checking your plants out back and how everything is looking.

Got something else for you to try, too.
It arrives tomorrow. Come on over and lets drink some brown water.

Have a landscape designer coming over in a week to put together landscaping plans for the house on a virtual 3d rendering. I'll shoot them over to you for your Derby Hills HOA approval. Thanks again boss.

• Wow
Reactions: GrandePdre
UKO preferring Van Hagar to actual Van Halen is so damn on brand I had to make sure it wasn't a PTI parody.

Van Halen, at it's finest, is a band that leans on the musicality of it's two brothers, the bombastic personality that is Roth and songs about women and/or the pursuit of women.

Van Hagar will always be associated with Crystal Pepsi in my mind. Instant L.

* Why is it that the rest of you have keyboards that are wack AF? Keys are too tall, they stick, they're shifted over one letter so I get all messed up, the keys make a weird sound.

My regular, everyday computer is great. All the others are terrible.

* The term "disinformation" is my new trigger. Holy effing moly what a terrible word to introduce into everyday American speech. Ugh.

* Cincinnati Reds takes....

- Andrew Abbott has thrown two games in Chattanooga = 4.2 innings, 0 hits, 11 Ks, and 6 innings, 2 hits, 14 Ks.
- Hunter Greene needs to take a little off the gas and work on actually getting hitters out.
- Our bullpen is a disaster, but with the ridiculous infield depth we have down on the farm, I see India and Steer in particular being very valuable trade commodities.
- Lodolo on the bump tonight against the best team in MLB. Must see tv.

* I challenge you to a game of horseshoes. A game of horseshooooooes.

* Two years ago, I met a dude who signed up for my 50-mile ultramarathon under the name "Phuck Cancer." Turns out he's a stage 4 survivor. Started a foundation. And this weekend the lass and I (mostly her) put on a 5k to raise money for his 501c3. Total ended up being about $25,000.

- live band
- food truck
- 4 other food vendors
- tons of beer

Registration numbers were awesome and exceeded expectations. It was great. Lots of very emotional moments. Very proud of all her hard work, and in year 1 has already become a very successful event. It will be twice as big in 2024.

link: Phil Phest 5k

We're (she is) also in the process of taking over/acquiring a bunch of additional events beginning in 2024, and should be the biggest local producer in our area by then. Hockey stick growth, if you will.

* The Bud Light "cancel" is next level stupid, and the overwhelming majority of these idiots will just switch to another InBev product, or a different beer that's even more focused on marketing to the LGBTQ community. All because they sent one can to one person. K.

(note: I also reserve the right to still think Kid Rock's antics were hysterical, because, I mean, it's Kid Rock)

Also, if anyone thinks Bud Light is going anywhere, you may want to take a good hard look at the strength of their distribution model. I've spoken at length with several people in the business, and trying to even get any other product on the shelves is a huge battle. There's like 3 brands that basically control 90% of the industry.

* The charge needs to be eradicated from the college game, and the term "secondary defender" is a crock of s***. 99% of charge calls involved the "defender" (/rolleyes) completely giving up all hope of playing defense, and simply throwing his body in the way so he can pretend to be knocked down. How in TF can nobody in charge of the college game care about this?

* A Place on Earth -- Wendell Berry.

* I ain't heard on good song since the day Keith Whitley died....

* Killa having his birthday in the Superdome again this year? Just want to mark it on the calendar.

* Who's up for a Redlegs roadie this summer? July, preferably.

* The greatest marathoner ever (Eliud Kipchoge) was unseated yesterday at the Boston Marathon. Hadn't lost a race in 5 years, and most of those were done in completely dominating fashion. What an amazing run, no pun intended.

* I don't know what's taking Oscar so long to make an announcement, but it's annoying AF. Guess he's just hitting up all the usual suspects begging for a few million to stick around another season? Gotta think that well is dry, but I'll defer to tgh and HUBER for their expertise.

* Turns out that Zelensky, great stand up comedian-turned war hero that he is ("Zelensky is a badass") has been stealing hundreds of millions of dollars from US taxpayers. Just remember, this war is about nothing more than preserving democracy, and he cares deeply about defending his proud homeland. Uh huh.

* Miley Cyrus has gotten REALLY hot all of a sudden. Glad she's grown up and dropped the whole teen angst/shock drama act. Big, big fan.

* Any of you degenerates have big money on the Jiangsu Dragons last night?

Van Hagar is excellent “fundraiser rock.” For when you want to support a good non-controversial cause (reading, the arts) but have a rockin’ good time!
“Hey guys, thanks for coming out! You know, we’re all here for the same reason. We want our kids to have the best dang little league field in the county and the time to make that happen is…. RIGHT NOW!” *music hits, dad jeans and mom sets go nuts, kids get a new scoreboard*

* Who's up for a Redlegs roadie this summer? July, preferably.

* Turns out that Zelensky, great stand up comedian-turned war hero that he is ("Zelensky is a badass") has been stealing hundreds of millions of dollars from US taxpayers. Just remember, this war is about nothing more than preserving democracy, and he cares deeply about defending his proud homeland. Uh huh.

* Miley Cyrus has gotten REALLY hot all of a sudden. Glad she's grown up and dropped the whole teen angst/shock drama act. Big, big fan.

1. I'll drive.

2. Obvious from the start. Ukrainian flag on yer house/car/profile has reached "mask in your car" level of broadcasting to the world that you are not a serious person.

3. ****in A.

FYI: SGNI’s old lady set a 3:08 personal record at Boston yesterday. Pretty sure I’ve mentioned, but that big ole boy did awfully well for himself. She’s dope, too.

Everytime I see my bro and his lady together, I just have to wonder how bad her eyesight is. I'm fairly sure she has some kind of degenerative eye issues. That or she's just a fan of big balls.

You know who made Steely Dan better? Everyone. They’re all magicians and virtuosos. Legends. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is more amazingly talented at making terrible music.

Well, you may want to sit this one out going forward, as you just hit bottom.

- I've waffled on the Van Halen question for a while, because while VH was overall better with Dave as the lead singer, I'll always have a soft spot for "When It's Love" with Sammy at the helm. Freshman school dances, etc.

- The Kings are an absolute blast to watch. Probably the NBA franchise with the most college-esque fan base, since there are literally no other teams to root for there in the city, professional or otherwise. Those fans have been through some stuff, man. They deserve all this happiness.

- Was I the only weird kid who used to take binoculars to every single major sporting event they attended? Didn't really matter what it was...Reds games, UK basketball, UK football, I would take along a small pair of binoculars. Was always fascinated to watch everything up close, especially the interactions on the sidelines or in the dugout.

- Seems like everyone has that ONE true crime case that they're fascinated by. Mine has always been the West Memphis Three. Been fascinated with that case ever since the original "Paradise Lost" documentaries on HBO back in the day. Looks like their request to have new DNA evidence examined was denied recently. Raw deal for those guys. The stepfather did it.

- CATS vs. the Cards at KPP a week from tonight, and the forecast looks relatively promising. PING!!!

BBdK takes binoculars to every single sporting event (except for when he's sitting in the Loge seats). We've covered this extensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT