ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I see my bro and his lady together, I just have to wonder how bad her eyesight is. I'm fairly sure she has some kind of degenerative eye issues. That or she's just a fan of big balls.
Or making the number 10?

j/k.

- Draymond has always been an annoying loud mouth, but I’m not sure last night was anything he did. Sabonis grabbed his foot twice.

I am loving watching the Kings knock the warriors down. About as close to when the Lakers, Celtics and Pistons run came to an end way back in the day.

- Van Halen and Sammy Hagar belong where they were, in the 80’s and stirring up some spring break beach vibes. Y’all just ride around listening to Motley Crue too?

- Nice to see a wave of movies being released. COVID made going to the movies feel like a past time.

- Every Reds fan I know say the same thing when I bring up Lodolo, yea he’ll be great where ever we send him in the next year or 2.

- Stephen A Smith annoys me, but his desperation for the Knicks to beat the Cavs is something to see.

- Finally used the row machine and my back is killing me. 5000m

Last edited:
- Every Reds fan I know say the same thing when I bring up Lodolo, yea he’ll be great where ever we send in the next year or 2.

Your friends are idiots. Why would the Reds trade a potential superstar who currently makes the league minimum and doesn't hit free agency for 5 more years? It may happen, but it certainly won't be in the next 2 years.

Van Halen's early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when 1984 came out in '84, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think DLR has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '86, Van Halen released this; 5150, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Love Walks In". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Hey, Paul!

* I love VH with both DLR and SH as lead singers. Dave was just getting a little goofy and trying to turn every song into a comedy routine.

1984 is my fav VH album. And if I had to pick one I would go with DLR. But I don't have to so I am going to go on enjoying both.

* Had a meeting in Nashville last week and stopped by the Krazy Estate on the way home. He generously donated 3 bottles and a barrel (empty that will part of a silent auction prize) to this year's Chris Krentz Memorial Bourbon Derby.

KK should seriously have a reality show. Dude is amazing.

* I was a little shook when I got there. I had received a call from another parent that my 10 yr old had collapsed during extra soccer training and was being looked out by paramedics. My wife was with her.

She was fine. Just dehydrated. Lost consciousness briefly, but they did a battery of tests on her and decided she was fine.

Still scary as shit. I was about to set a speed record for driving from Etown to Loveland when my wife called to let me know everything was ok.

* Hitting up Keeneland on Thursday if any of you fools are heading to the track. I'll be tailgating beforehand. We'll have some good food and drinks if anyone wants to stop over.

* Marge is heading to Florida with my sisters and a few others for a week. It'll be just me and the girls. God help me. And them.

* Chad thinks both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar should've been power forwards.

Your friends are idiots. Why would the Reds trade a potential superstar who currently makes the league minimum and doesn't hit free agency for 5 more years? It may happen, but it certainly won't be in the next 2 years.

I think the implication is that there is quite the history of Reds being traded elsewhere and there is little faith in the front office.

- Willy I was nervous for ya and stuck between just letting ya go because you had an obvious concern 2 hours away, or talk to you for a few minutes hoping some of the nervous wore off.

Glad everything was ok as it was the first “hot” day of the year.

3. ****in A.
iYduaq8.jpeg

-Nauseating conversations, like last page, are great spinoff threads but awful gyero topics.

-Between work and kids, definitely at that point in life where it's just 1 scheduled event after another. Hell, we only have 1 playing sports. Not bad but there's no down time.

-3 visits to the clerks office is all it took to get squared away despite having all the required documents each time. Those fools are just waiting for a technicality to move you along.

-I know it's absolutely my dna causing the issues, but F*CK, you take the pressure off a 7yo boy in the time from wake up until out the door and they'll just float off the goddamn planet.

Have you brushed your teeth?
Dad, who was the greatest basketball player of all time?
Jordan. Buddy, we gotta go... brush your teeth.
If you don't get your socks and shoes on I'm grounding you. Where the hell is your backpack?

5 minutes later, same thing new question. Just from asleep to the most stressful part of my day in like 15-20 minutes. 🤬

-Not sure anyone thought Bud Light was going out of business but a quick retract, and statement, means they're obviously feeling the pain of a dumbass decision.

-If it's going to be cold this weekend, can we at least get a good hard freeze to kill the f*cking ginkgo berries? The permafrost that killed all our other landscaping didn't seem to bother the ginkgo at all.

-I just can't do it with Theo Vonn. His special is alright but the bit is just too much.

-The last couple of Succession Podcasts are worth it.

-I don't know how you fools stay up until 12:30-1a on a weeknight. Unless, you're sleeping until 8a. I gotta get 7-8 hours minimum or I feel like hell. 5-6 hours of sleep is really unhealthy.

I’ll be at the track *Friday* Willy, so sorry!

Several Keeneland Breezes and some people watching for dad. Merrick Patio (welcome back!) for dinner. Warmer than this weekend — but rainy. Clubhouse tix help with that.

- Booked 10 year anniversary to Antigua next month. Wife wanted Cabo but I wanted more tropical. Rustic chic hillside cottage, ftw.

- Swipathefox and Malik Monk. Man. Just awesome watching them play so well on the big stage. That entire team is a blast to watch. Oh and nice job letting Malik walk, Lakers! Idiots.

-Ian Eagle and Jimmy Jackson are tremendous. Big Brian Anderson fan too, but he’s stuck with that loser SVG, whose been mailing it in last couple seasons. Guess I should just be grateful Webber is gone and no longer giving us nonsensical run-on sentences.

- Baby Bo’s first birthday next month. Time flies.

Reading up on the history of Wilt. Dude is certainly undervalued in the conversation for goat.

Buddy of mine is in an induced coma / deaths door with an aggressive brain virus. Cop, FBI. 57, picture of health. It’s scary how fragile we are.🙏🏻. Bunch of us did a rosary (my first)for him Sunday. Dire.

DLR was Ringo… a jester, and we loved it that way.

My kids debit card was hacked when we noticed he was buying lumber in South Carolina. He never noticed… only when we refused to keep Venmoing him.

Hagar was the better VH singer, and perfect for the late 80's and early 90's.

DLR was the better VH front man, and his voice was more interesting. Not even close to the power and range of Hagar, but more soulful and bluesy.

JDrum is correct - Fair Warning is outstanding, ranking behind only VH II in the VH catalog. Fair Warning gave us the "brown sound," and was so much darker, dirtier, and innovative than their preceding and succeeding efforts. But II is the pinnacle. EVH at his best and every song is classic. Give me 5150 from the Hagar era. Not a bad song on it.

Definitive ranking of VH albums:
  1. Van Halen II
  2. Fair Warning
  3. Van Halen I
  4. 5150
  5. Women and Children First
  6. OU812
  7. 1984
  8. Diver Down
  9. For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
  10. A Different Kind of Truth
  11. Balance
  12. *silence*
  13. *nails on chalkboard*
  14. Van Halen 3
Any criticism of Steely Dan is a sure sign of a music simpleton.

Last edited:
The Cubs project signings such as Bellinger, Mancini, Swanson, Eric Hosmer, Smyly etc are all paying off right now.

If we maintain this slightly above .500 play maybe we won’t flip them all.

That said, one would be foolish to slight the Cincinnati farm system. They are a clear top 5 in all of baseball which doesn’t include the kids like Lodolo who is already with the big club.

I for one miss the old baseball board!

Mancini is the only complete disappointment. Swanson and Bellinger hitting .300+, Hosmer at .250 and contributing a solid 1B glove and Smyly is 1-1 with several good IP.

It’s early, I’m aware. But the cubs are 9-6 too so I’ll take it gladly as a whole while you Reds diehards act like we’re trash.

There is ignorance, and there is UKO……..at least you are still just ignorant!

Been going down the rat hole of Open AI with some of the leading experts on it.
  • This could very well be a seminal for all of mankind
  • There's a non-zero chance that this could be the beginning of the end for us
  • The way it works is insane and not exactly understood
  • There's going to be HUGE money in the near term figuring out how to integrated it across businesses
  • The top AI talent gets paid as much as starting NFL QBs apparently
  • I don't see how homework could ever be a thing again

Reactions: 80 Proof
Still hate the Cubs with the white hot fury of a thousand suns for making me miss GI Joe and He Man on afternoons on WGN during baseball season because they were “too special” to play at night. Oh no, the very important Cubs can only play day games.

Maaaaannnnn, ffffffffffffuuuuuuuu…… the Cubs.

We'll soon be able to listen to Van Hagar with DLR and vice versa. Then we'll truly know which version was best.

Glad I took a shot on Nvidia when it crashed last year. Apparently it is going to be an AI winner among the chip makers.

Been going down the rat hole of Open AI with some of the leading experts on it.
  • This could very well be a seminal for all of mankind
  • There's a non-zero chance that this could be the beginning of the end for us
  • The way it works is insane and not exactly understood
  • There's going to be HUGE money in the near term figuring out how to integrated it across businesses
  • The top AI talent gets paid as much as starting NFL QBs apparently
  • I don't see how homework could ever be a thing again
Non zero chance, huh? Sounds promising.

Hope my future as a small town general practice lawyer isn’t eliminated by Skynet. If so, maybe it can deal with clients who don’t pay it money to not follow its advice.

Trey Mancini is hitting .196 with 18 strikeouts and only 1 walk.

I take that one back. He’s been great.
One of those times you let your dense stance overshadow reality.

We knew when we signed him he is streaky at the plate. I will grant that he hasn’t had a hot streak yet, but one is coming after starting 9/30 and then going 2/21 in his last 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT