ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the "THEY [the transgenders] are everywhere!!!" panic really entertaining, tbh. Have Gen X/Boomers already forgotten the 1980s was a celebration of the androgynous man singing about Satan, slaying puss, partying, ODing on giant quantities of drugs, etc.?

In honor of Aquanet, a Monday 5:
- Motley Crue - Live Wire
- Van Halen - Mean Street
- Bon Jovi - Runaway
- Skid Row - 18 and Life
- Whitesnake - Still of the Night

Panicking about the youth is as old as Socrates. Dust, wind, dude.

Last edited:
** GYEROLAW LEGAL NOTE **

If you’re an adult and not the parent of a child, it would be against the advice of message board legal counsel to go to a middle school or high school, or any school really, and look for transgender kids. Just go to work, go home, go see friends, do a hobby, whatever, but don’t go to schools. Thx.
My intention of that comment was that I have kids that age and they mention how in their class there are quite a few people who want to be referred to as a different gender.

It's entirely possible that (predominantly) middle schoolers are trying things on to see who/what they are. That may be bullying, being emo, liking the same sex, being overly religious or disassociating entirely. I think many of the kids that want to identify a certain way do so to garner attention, generate shock and attempt to differentiate themselves. While unfortunate to those who are truly conflicted, it's the nature of that age group.

What isn't cool is trying to be something else entirely in one setting but not another. My wife teaches middle school and had a student go by a different name in class, her middle name with the parent (when referring to them in official correspondence) then changed it to start the second semester. That's...wrong in my opinion.

I'm interested in the left hand argument in regards to trans/homosexuality. For centuries we thought it was a uniquely rare thing to be left handed and even considered those that were left-handed some variant of evil or bizarre. So what did left handed people do? They used their right hand. Going back to the beginning of the 20th century, between 2-4% admitted (identified?) as left handed. That number is closer to 10% now.

Trans/homosexuality are still a very small portion of the population, but I do believe there are more folks out there than the 1% number we hear constantly.

I'm not interested in debating trans politics, just making an observation.

Yep

Torn...

* Hate the charge in general. Should be REALLY hard to draw one by letter of the rule. We see way too many of them called, especially in the college game.

* Hate that we're in a country where the automatic answer is to ban something instead of finding ways to fix/adjust it. If you take the charge out of the game, you're basically turning all games into the All-Star Game.

Secondary defender charges are not only cheap, they're dangerous. I'm a huge proponent of removing that from the game entirely. I said it ten years ago and I'll say it again today, change the charge signal back to hands behind the head prison sex instead of fisting the air and the rate will drop by 90%. Same with punchouts in baseball. It looks cool to call a charge / strikeout. I'm not here to watch the referee.

if you want to modify it, call more pushoffs and off hand infractions on the offensive player. Unilike the NFL, the NBA doesn't need a ton more offense to be enjoyable. They actually have more than 12 minutes of live action over a three hour span, ya know?

We went through a period of #METOO and now you can see women naked for 3.99 on Only Fans sooooooo. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Seems we’re going to have 4-5 centers again next year. YIPPEE

Listened to Fair Warning during a 3-mile walk over the weekend. Ready to fight anyone on there not being a better Van Halen album from a playing perspective.
Summer, junior year high school, the opening to Mean Streets, Unchained. It's a shame it went downhill fast. Keyboards, show tunes, Sammy Hagar, dude from Extreme, bad decision after bad decisions.

If you’re sliding over to ostensibly play help defense, you need to be in a position to play defense- arms out, hands active, eyes on the ball/player. If you’re sliding over, covering your nuts with your hands and bracing for a hit, that’s not playing defense. That’s blocking the basketball play and should be called as such.

Anybody know someone that sells Golden Tee Arcade games around Central Kentucky? Ready to buy one for the basement and not seeing any options online.
I'm actually debating one of these babies for the basement. $8K. Wife isn't even opposed.
1679002017-584867-f80b04b9-5e30-4cff-afd8-97b05676d4f9-1-105-c.jpg

Torn...

* Hate the charge in general. Should be REALLY hard to draw one by letter of the rule. We see way too many of them called, especially in the college game.

* Hate that we're in a country where the automatic answer is to ban something instead of finding ways to fix/adjust it. If you take the charge out of the game, you're basically turning all games into the All-Star Game.

His article was very reasonable.

Also - maybe too much offense in the NBA but that’s not the case at all in college.

That goofball can't see this but I'll ask others - why would you spend $8K on a slot machine where you just pull the arm and don't win money compared to video game machines like Golden Tee, etc.?

For $8K I'm sure you could get 4-5 games in there including 1-2 pinball machines.

Reactions: thabigbluenation
The worst part of the NBA are all the free throws, and they’ve done a better job of trying to cut down on that. I fear that getting rid of the charge would significantly increase the amount of FT’s as it would incentivize driving to the hoop.

Plus - aren't modern offenses built off of this? Dude beats his defender, secondary defender comes over and you start whipping it around the peremeter with an off-balance D until somebody comes open.

Last edited:
Reactions: roguemocha
His article was very reasonable.

Also - maybe too much offense in the NBA but that’s not the case at all in college.

I thought it was, too, outside of promoting "ban" as the option.

There is one point of contention I've seen other NBA people make: those scenarios are fairly rare in the NBA. Just happened to be involving some superstars. Kinda like when MLB overreacted and created a goofy homeplate slides rule only when Buster Posey got hurt in a collision.

Reactions: wcc31
Summer, junior year high school, the opening to Mean Streets, Unchained. It's a shame it went downhill fast. Keyboards, show tunes, Sammy Hagar, dude from Extreme, bad decision after bad decisions.

I've enjoyed aspects of every version of the band, but it was never going to be as good as Fair Warning again. That's the high-water mark for me. EVH was in the zone. Funkiest riffs of his career.

Well I had a turn of events today.

Got the mail and the former step mom from 20 years ago who her boys and I always introduce each other as brother is suing me as care taker of pops for “$400K of undisclosed gold money”. From 20 years ago.

I keep in touch with her and my brothers regularly. Nothing ever came up about this.

Who’s the poster with a HOF Loser FIL? @krazykats ? Well, I’m getting close bro.

We just had the unfortunate experience of dealing with something quite similar last summer.

My advice: get a good lawyer and get ready to be pissed off even if you are 100% in the right.

Already messaged her lawyer and mine that I’m not the POA or Guardian yet, trying to get it but him moving from Michigan to my house has made it a huge problem.

But honestly may stop trying to get that till this is resolved. I’m not giving anyone $200K. I’d rather move to Belize or something.

I’d assume, as it sounds like you did, I’m going to have to cut a check at some point.

Already messaged her lawyer and mine that I’m not the POA or Guardian yet, trying to get it but him moving from Michigan to my house has made it a huge problem.

But honestly may stop trying to get that till this is resolved. I’m not giving anyone $200K. I’d rather move to Belize or something.

I’d assume, as it sounds like you did, I’m going to have to cut a check at some point.
Won’t get into specifics but we settled at around 10% of original asking price which was about what we would have had to spend in legal fees if it went all the way to trial.

We stood our ground but once it got to that level, we settled it. Lawyer completely agreed.

Make sure that when/if you settle to get a “no contact” document or whatever it’s called basically saying that all matters are closed in perpetuity by her and her family. I forget the legal term of this document.

Thanks for the advice. But I still love my brothers, they probably don’t even know about this. They’re two country boys that will never leave Allen County and super good to me. I guess I could do a no contact with her though.

I just don’t get how you can sue someone 20 years later. She already got a touchton of money and property from the divorce and she’s not hurting unless she blew it all.

I have even better stories of my bros and their mom. It’s been a ride.

Her former boyfriend tried to touch my niece and she told her mom who told her dad who immediately shoved a pistol in his mouth (literally) at morning breakfast and called the police. He’s in prison now and apparently did it to multiple girls.

He even fled after bail and went to Tennessee to his friends house and his friend turned him in.

#ApprentlyWhiteTrash&Stupid&Ugly

Well I had a turn of events today.

Got the mail and the former step mom from 20 years ago who her boys and I always introduce each other as brother is suing me as care taker of pops for “$400K of undisclosed gold money”. From 20 years ago.

I keep in touch with her and my brothers regularly. Nothing ever came up about this.

Who’s the poster with a HOF Loser FIL? @krazykats ? Well, I’m getting close bro.

If she can claim something crazy like that, then you should absolutely be able to claim you are a Sovereign Citizen of The Land, therefore you can not be sued.

(Sovereign citizens probably would have all their money in gold and other precious metals of The Land, tho)

• Haha

You'd better lawyer up asap and not contact her, her family, or her lawyer again without approval from said attorney.

Last edited:
We just had the unfortunate experience of dealing with something quite similar last summer.

My advice: get a good lawyer and get ready to be pissed off even if you are 100% in the right.
Can you be sued* for money to take care of an elderly parent by someone else doing it? I'm in a similar situation and I'm curious what the Gyero legal team has to say on the subject.

*(successfully, I know you can be sued for damn near anything.)

Can you be sued* for money to take care of an elderly parent by someone else doing it? I'm in a similar situation and I'm curious what the Gyero legal team has to say on the subject.

*(successfully, I know you can be sued for damn near anything.)
Not a lawyer (although I think that comment was in jest) but what I learned is people and lawyers will sue for anything.

Gets scary when the words “asset disclosures”, “tax returns”, “liens on properties”, “frozen accounts” get used.

Watching NBA highlights and every time I hear mention of Rudy Gobert I think back to when COVID was hot in the streets and went down a little rabbit hole and man, GYERO p. 5457 was a crazy place to be.

Was randomly watching some Youtube clips of the initial shutdown this past weekend. Pretty surreal stuff. That Jazz/Thunder game that was postponed right before tip was like something out of a movie. The PA guy: "The game tonight has been postponed, you're all safe...thank you for coming out tonight, we are all safe" as fans scurry to the exits. Pretty solid oral history of that night here if you're bored.

Also from 3/12/20:

Stapleton is playing Saturday in Texas in front of 40K.

You have more of a chance at winning powerball than Keeneland being affected.

Please note that Stapleton cancelled that show literally the same day as UKO's post, and Keeneland's spring meet was cancelled 4 days later, with fans not returning until well over a year later. Lol.

I have no clue what grounds anyone would have to actually sue. Seems a contract would have to be in agreement in order to sue for caretaking otherwise why would she be caretaking with no knowledge of any financial gain?

My FIL? He isn’t a bad dude, and I don’t think I’ve mentioned him much on here honestly.

My stepdad had dementia, also was not a bad man at all and changed my moms life from the physical abuse from my actual father. That said I thought enough of him that we paid my wife to caretaker for him even after my mom passed.

I haven’t contacted her or her lawyer except to say I’m not his legal guardian yet.

Contacted mine for sure. She’s looking into it all.

And yes, “tax returns, assests seizure and frozen accounts” were all mentioned.

They sent me the previous divorce agreement and said he lied about the gold. It’s wild. She already got a touchton of money and property.

She said I’m so sorry you’re caught in this, I said you’re attorney sent it to me! Obviously you’re not THAT upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT