ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know nobody cares about Pac-12 basketballsucka, but Stanford made one of the biggest coaching gaffes(non-GYERO) in recent memory by hanging onto Jerod Haase(who hasn't made the NCAAT in seven seasons there) and letting their rival Cal hire a Stanford alum and rising coaching star in Mike Madsen.

Madsen has already added a couple of nice portal pieces and will inject some immediate buzz into that program through his personality alone. Plus he has NBA and college coaching chops. Meanwhile, Stanford keeps Haase and just lost their only decent player, Harrison Ingram, to the portal.

His collaborations with Quentin Tarantino really prepared him well for the challenges of coaching at Cal.

I know nobody cares about Pac-12 basketballsucka, but Stanford made one of the biggest coaching gaffes(non-GYERO) in recent memory by hanging onto Jerod Haase(who hasn't made the NCAAT in seven seasons there) and letting their rival Cal hire a Stanford alum and rising coaching star in Mike Madsen.

Madsen has already added a couple of nice portal pieces and will inject some immediate buzz into that program through his personality alone. Plus he has NBA and college coaching chops. Meanwhile, Stanford keeps Haase and just lost their only decent player, Harrison Ingram, to the portal.
Madsen also just hired former UK walk-on Matt Scherbenske as an assistant coach.

I wear the Libre 2 in my arm. Helps me tremendously. Lost enough weight to where I'm completely off insulin and the weight is still going down.

My brother lost his 9 y.o. granddaughter about 8 years ago to a diabetic coma. Nobody knew she had it. I'm glad you guys are all over your son's diagnosis. That's a lot of the battle right there.

Looking to purchase a set of golf clubs….looking at used or new. Any recommendations?

Am not good enough to break the bank on a top of the line set. I play 5-6x a year and shoot around 90.

Last edited:
Did my 1st 5k of the year this morning. Averaged 8:30/mile, goal is to get under 8. Not sure this old man has it in him but I’m giving it the old college try.

Put down mulch, planted some random stuff my better half picked up, and mowed the yard before the storms come in tonight. Another 2 months and I won’t want anything much to do with the yard.

Saw “Air” to put a bow on the day. Pretty good flick, always like learning the insides of that sort of thing. Amazing how close Nike was to getting out of the basketball shoe business. Also how close they were to going with “Dinner Bell” Mel before going all on in MJ. The fact that one decision can take a business from good to great always fascinates me.

Wonder if Cal watches this and wonders what the f*** he's doing anymore
Wonders why he can't recruit what was supposed to be his bread and butter...point guards. Fox and Monk then what. Maybe wisky didn't fully break him but that buzzer beater did. He let Fox eat against UCLA. Coached scared in crucial games since. I think Monk just ignored him last couple of minutes and finally just took over against UNC.

Fox-Monk-Adebayo as the top 3. All 3 have been impact players in the NBA playoffs.

Willis was a very good stretch 4.

That team should have taken a diarrhea poo all over anyone they played against. Sure, there was a bit of rape from the zebras in the first half against UNC, but that team was a 2 seed. Holy feces. They should have been coasting to a final 4 as the number 1 overall seed.

Fox-Monk-Adebayo as the top 3. All 3 have been impact players in the NBA playoffs.

That team should have taken a diarrhea poo all over anyone they played against. Sure, there was a bit of rape from the zebras in the first half against UNC, but that team was a 2 seed. Holy feces. They should have been coasting to a final 4 as the number 1 overall seed.
Briscoe and Humphries and Gabriel were sophomores. Hawkins was a senior.

That team was pretty stacked. I would put that 4 and take your pick off the bench against this team any day.

Of course Diallo came in at Christmas as a top recruit and didn't play either....

Wonders why he can't recruit what was supposed to be his bread and butter...point guards.
There haven’t really been that many since 17. This is the list of top 10 freshmen PG’s drafted since 2017:

Trae Young (Shae was 11)
Darius Garland
Coby White
Cade Cunningham

Reactions: jayroon
International report:

Mrs and I are back from Constantinople/Istanbul. Incredible trip. I’ve seen a fair amount of Western Europe but this place was amazing. The history hangs heavy there. The Hagia Sophia was breathtaking and blows St Peter’s away in terms of being awe inspiring. The food was fantastic and super cheap. And best of all: the people were super friendly. I didn’t feel uncomfortable or out of place at all. The Mrs had to wear a scarf over her head inside mosques and aside from that we rolled like we do at home.

Istanbul gets five stars from this correspondent.

Just back from a weekend in the Austin area. Went down for the girls state soccer Final 4 and...

My niece led her team to the schools first state title since 2005 and the 2nd overall. She was selected captain for the year by her teammates/coaches and refused to let them down. This was for 6A, the largest schools in the state.

It was her first and only state championship so she won't catch her moms 5 state titles but a Texas state title would certainly trump a KY state title on a team basis. So I'll give her bragging rights.

Probably would've if Fox didn't get injured in SEC play.

Mario Bros 3D with the little lass today. “Air” took me back to middle school and “Mario” took me back to elementary. Nice little walk down memory lane.

I tried to explain to her how i felt when I beat Mario for the first time but she wasn’t all that impressed. I guess she would have had to have been there. A bunch of buddies spent the night, pizza and Mt. Dew/Pepsi’s, took over the basement and played Nintendo all damn night. We each got 3 lives before handing to the next one. I finished it off and all the glory that came with it.

I think the Bud Light "cancellation" - unlike other protests of companies - is going to have real legs. Unlike something like Starbucks - where there's not really a viable alternative from a scale perspective - changing your light beer has basically zero switching costs. Not making this a political thing, but I think that brand is poison in the eyes of a big chunk of the core light beer drinking population. While it might not hurt AB Inbev that much, I do think sales of BL and Bud are going to be down double-digits for a long time.

Reactions: Catman100
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT