ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone happens to be going to the Lexington SC soccer game on Saturday, my kid is playing in a halftime scrimmage. Hopefully he embarrasses another child and makes me proud.
So they are going to start out playing in Georgetown? Have they decided on where a new stadium in Lexington will be? I thought Downtown would be great but I think that is a no go.

Reactions: HUBER
So they are going to start out playing in Georgetown? Have they decided on where a new stadium in Lexington will be? I thought Downtown would be great but I think that is a no go.
Georgetown for at least 2 years. I think they could build one out on Richmond Road near the interstate, but nothing has been finalized. Downtown would have been ideal, but alas.

Also, went out last night for my wife’s *gulp* 37th birthday to all the trendy spots. I mentioned before that after watching the last season of white lotus I got into Aperol Spritzes. Well it appears I wasn’t the only one and im officially ahead of the curve as well as it’s officially APEROL AND COMPETING SPRITZES SZN. They were all over the menus, each one more delicious than the last. All dry with a touch of tart from either Aperol or something else. I’m into it.

Reactions: wcc31
If anyone happens to be going to the Lexington SC soccer game on Saturday, my kid is playing in a halftime scrimmage. Hopefully he embarrasses another child and makes me proud.
The Huber boys will be embarrassing other kids in Danville and Shelbyville this weekend. Proud Dad moments for sure. Makes me smile that marrying that athletic mountain chick with the good genes did what it was suppose to for the next generation of Hubers.

It was a helluva story and the details emerged very quickly. When it very first broke, the news was that an out of towner was found dead and rolled up in a carpet......but NO foul play was involved. And now we know why. The police really pieced this one together very fast.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Why would building it in Brannon be a disaster? It borders Fayette, short drive from 75, pretty wide open area. Nicholasville road traffic sucks but I mean it’s soccer, how much traffic do you really anticipate? As long as they aren’t having games between 330-7 on weekdays it would be fine. Much better location than the legends/genomes/counterclocks imo.

See you in Danville, Huber

Why would building it in Brannon be a disaster? It borders Fayette, short drive from 75, pretty wide open area. Nicholasville road traffic sucks but I mean it’s soccer, how much traffic do you really anticipate? As long as they aren’t having games between 330-7 on weekdays it would be fine. Much better location than the legends/genomes/counterclocks imo.

See you in Danville, Huber
I know I haven’t lived in Lex in a while but is it a short drive from 75 to Brannon?

I know nobody cares about Pac-12 basketballsucka, but Stanford made one of the biggest coaching gaffes(non-GYERO) in recent memory by hanging onto Jerod Haase(who hasn't made the NCAAT in seven seasons there) and letting their rival Cal hire a Stanford alum and rising coaching star in Mike Madsen.

Madsen has already added a couple of nice portal pieces and will inject some immediate buzz into that program through his personality alone. Plus he has NBA and college coaching chops. Meanwhile, Stanford keeps Haase and just lost their only decent player, Harrison Ingram, to the portal.

- Catastrophic life event avoided today. My diabetic son asked for El Nopal after his Wendy Novak diabetes appt and does his insulin beforehand.

We get our queso and drinks. Then food comes………..then my son is staring off in la la land, then I realize he his dipping his chips in the chip basket, and then the waiter almost immediately after I notice the chip stuff asks if the food is good and my son was damn near unresponsive.

Freaked TF out! Started feeding him my sweet tea and anything high in carbs.

Got the wife on the FaceTime to comfort me and talk to him.

Everything is good now, but him bottoming out is something I won’t have on my conscious!

- I don’t see how the NFL Draft isn’t more of a thing around here. Some serious gamesmanship going on right now and I know it will be the Titans that make a huge mistake.

- NBA Playoffs:

Hoping for a Bulls win tonight. Really hoping the Heat feel the pressure to go get Dame out of Portland.

Only team I don’t want to win is the Suns. KD and Paul winning together is enough to make me tune out all of next year. Total BS what happens when KD creates that imbalance.

Give me Philly to win the whole thing.

- Spring cleaning is done. Landscaping caught up. Opening the pool next week.

Gonna be a nice laid back May and summer for us.

- Finished Season 3 of Succesion, and not a super fan. I’ll get thru season 4 just because, but it isn’t something I am eager about.

- Pork Chop marinated in equal parts Italian dressing and Heinz 57 is actually solid despite the sound of it.

Sorry to hear about that Krazy. I've had to deal with it more times than I can count.

It's always scary but now that you've seen it, you know how to handle it. Spotting it coming comes with time. Hopefully you never have to learn that.

A couple of tips - my mom has been buying bottles of glucose chewies over the past few years. Maybe keep those in each of your cars to have in case of emergency. Orange Juice is quick acting if you are in/near a place you can get it.

- Catastrophic life event avoided today. My diabetic son asked for El Nopal after his Wendy Novak diabetes appt and does his insulin beforehand.

We get our queso and drinks. Then food comes………..then my son is staring off in la la land, then I realize he his dipping his chips in the chip basket, and then the waiter almost immediately after I notice the chip stuff asks if the food is good and my son was damn near unresponsive.

Freaked TF out! Started feeding him my sweet tea and anything high in carbs.

Got the wife on the FaceTime to comfort me and talk to him.

Everything is good now, but him bottoming out is something I won’t have on my conscious!

- I don’t see how the NFL Draft isn’t more of a thing around here. Some serious gamesmanship going on right now and I know it will be the Titans that make a huge mistake.

- NBA Playoffs:

Hoping for a Bulls win tonight. Really hoping the Heat feel the pressure to go get Dame out of Portland.

Only team I don’t want to win is the Suns. KD and Paul winning together is enough to make me tune out all of next year. Total BS what happens when KD creates that imbalance.

Give me Philly to win the whole thing.

- Spring cleaning is done. Landscaping caught up. Opening the pool next week.

Gonna be a nice laid back May and summer for us.

- Finished Season 3 of Succesion, and not a super fan. I’ll get thru season 4 just because, but it isn’t something I am eager about.

- Pork Chop marinated in equal parts Italian dressing and Heinz 57 is actually solid despite the sound of it.

Libre CGM or similar monitors are helpful. They will alert you when you are too high or low. Pairs through Bluetooth with your phone. Highly recommend

Last edited:
Reactions: roguemocha
-Orange juice is definitely the best in a pinch, do that next time please. Carbs won’t help as much as sugar. So happy he’s okay.

-Went to the Kentucky River to let the dog play. “DOGGO” loved it.

Had some kid (18-21 probably) cut me off twice on the way out blocking the road. I did wave him by after riding my tail for 5 minutes, I get it he lives there and wants to fly around at that age.

He asked me to get out of my vehicle and luckily for him I waved him off and said be gone.

I was that stupid kid so didn’t want to ruin his week. He doesn’t realize a #220 dude and his #75 dog are about to get out. Would not have been a good day for that boy.

Man, when you don’t give a eff and have no responsibilities, you treat life differently.

-Was listening to old country and Wallen on that cruise. They really aren’t THAT different. It’s a different style for sure but those dudes are all singing the same songs. I personally love both.

-And yes I know how my dog would respond. He’s not a golden or lab (I love them), but he’s from the streets of South Andros, Bahamas. Dude is ride or die with me.

Reactions: CSC81
Libre CGM or similar monitors are helpful. They will alert you when you are too high or low. Pairs through Bluetooth with your phone. Highly recommend
We have dexcom and omnipods, but we reset everything at the appt and he did more insulin than he needed to.

First time in 6 years I’ve been in that situation. He has done it a few times at home with his mom who is a nurse and doesn’t get flustered.

My ass was panicked, screamed HELP, FaceTimed her and about choked his ass to death with a sweet tea!

We have dexcom and omnipods, but we reset everything at the appt and he did more insulin than he needed to.

First time in 6 years I’ve been in that situation. He has done it a few times at home with his mom who is a nurse and doesn’t get flustered.

My ass was panicked, screamed HELP, FaceTimed her and about choked his ass to death with a sweet tea!

It is a frightening experience. You are a good dad and it shows in multiple ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT