ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-obviously hate to hear people here were so close to those affected.

-stopped at Hall’s On The River randomly today, neat little spot to look at some water and relax.

-Rudy Gobert punched a teammate in the CHEST. Is there anything more French than punching someone in the chest? Like, only a Frenchman would think, “I will punch him in the left pectoral to show him my anger.”
There’s anth unfortunate timing and then there’s rogue.

Sad day. Sorry to those that lost friends.

MY BIL just texted and said they went to church with one of the victims that had kids in the 1st and 3rd grades. Assume that is "JB" being referenced. Prayers to those kids.

rogue expressed condolences, and added an aside. What an inhumane bastard. (rolleyes)
And if it hadn't been him, someone would have come along and complained about the repetition. I've seen it a thousand times on here.

rogue expressed condolences, and added an aside. What an inhumane bastard. (rolleyes)
And if it hadn't been him, someone would have come along and complained about the repetition. I've seen it a thousand times on here.

Rogue catches tons of crap, some self inflicted, but seems like a solid guy. Didn’t see anything wrong with his comments.

Sincerely feel horrible for all those impacted by todays tragedy. Suddenly our crappy basketball program doesn’t mean a damn thing.

- Finishing up the garden today. Scooped up about a wheel barrel full of cow shit to mix in. Already had onions cabbage and pot out. Getting the tomato’s and peppers out today. Strawberries are looking immaculate.

I’ve never grown carrots but I’m thinking about trying this year. Anyone have any advice? Are they going to do better in the ground or in a raised bed? This is likely an 80 proof question so you city folk just scroll on.

- Both kids tested positive for flu B last week and now ole dad is shivering into a sweat. I can only imagine how bad they would have felt had I completely destroyed their immune system over the last three years. Lucky for them they have me as a pops.

- little league opening day this Saturday. My little girl is in her last few months of 8u (coach pitch) but she’s also playing up with the 10u (kid pitch) group. I look forward to being able to actually sit in the stands and watching the 10u instead of being on the field coaching. Little boy is in his first year of 8u. If I did anything right up to this point with him it was getting him to swing as a lefty. Smart dad would have had the girl in the left handed batters box too. Oh well.

- in regards to the shooting in Louisville. Condolences to anyone in here who was effected. When we have reached the point as a society that we will go shoot up a place after we’ve been fired then maybe it’s time to reevaluate some things. I’ve been reading and watching a lot on Japanese culture. Manners and respect is taught at an early age folks.

I’ve never grown carrots but I’m thinking about trying this year. Anyone have any advice? Are they going to do better in the ground or in a raised bed?
I've had better luck with them in a raised bed. They need loose soil and don't do well at all in clay. I also have found better luck with shorter varieties for this reason, chantenay is my favorite.

GYERO has reached the age of musing about gardening and soil composition.

F*ck, we all done got old.

Where are you at in Colorado? My brothers-in-law and niece just moved from the Bay area to Ft. Collins.

I've never enjoyed a show so much that had so many incredibly unlikable characters. Wild to think that Tom is one of the few people I can sympathize with in this whole ordeal and he's just a projection bully.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
So, is everyone all caught up on Succession? Holy shit. What an episode. What a show.

Already sad it's ending soon. It's absolutely unreal.

Every time we think about starting it, we get distracted or busy with other stuff and forget about it.

Are we too far behind to completely enjoy it, or should we give it another go?

Started watching GOT again, fantastic.

I like succession but it’s just never grabbed ahold of me. Still watch but it’s sporadically.

That’s the stuff that just disconnects me from these other guys like Sahvir, Sharpe, The Dragon, etc. Not to mention how it further separates me from these new age BBN snowflakes that support these quitters just because they may have sat in the same classroom as them that one time in September.

Boogie understood. And BBN understood.

Every time we think about starting it, we get distracted or busy with other stuff and forget about it.

Are we too far behind to completely enjoy it, or should we give it another go?
First season starts a tad slow, but halfway it picks up and never looks back.

Tremendous writing, wonderful performances, awful and complex (yet likable in ways) characters. My favorite dramedy of all time.

It's only 4 seasons. So you can binge over the next couple weekends and be right there by time it approaches the finale.

Geese and company - moving into my suburban home this weekend. Everyone in the neighborhood including my house has a beautiful lawn.

Can I get the basics on maintenance? Like TruGreen? How often? Etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT