ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to a conference where the prosecutor on the Peterson case was presenting. When she talked about the MONTHS of jury selection I realized I knew what my professional hell would be.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
The band Live had a moment there in the mid 90s. Seemed like they were mostly college oriented, though. That time between 95 and 98 produced some really obscure bands that "had a moment" and then were gone.

* Live - early to mid 90s
* Candlebox - 94-96ish
* Wallflowers - 96-97
* 311 - Hated this bunch
* Tonic - later 90s
* Dishwala - hated them too

And OAR ushered in the early 00s.

Reactions: rudd1
Tyson, remarkably, was probably too stupid to beat Ali. The guy was a 3 year marvel, but he didn’t really beat great competition and then went to hell real quick.

Couple questions about the band, Live:

1) Did a single girl like their music?
2) Why did all their followers look like guys convicted in the West Memphis 3 case?

By the way, "White, discussion" could have been a really cool song but it was 3 minutes too long.

Reactions: wcc31
Tyson, remarkably, was probably too stupid to beat Ali. The guy was a 3 year marvel, but he didn’t really beat great competition and then went to hell real quick.
Eh. To the degree Tyson is stupid (which is not true), he's stupid like Doron Lamb is stupid. He seems to be blissfully able to not give a single shit about anything while performing at an exemplary level.

Ali was the master of head games. Trying head games on Mike Tyson would be like showing a dog a card trick.

Eh. To the degree Tyson is stupid (which is not true), he's stupid like Doron Lamb is stupid. He seems to be blissfully able to not give a single shit about anything while performing at an exemplary level.

Ali was the master of head games. Trying head games on Mike Tyson would be like showing a dog a card trick.

He got frustrated fighting Holyfield so he bit his ear off WTF are you talking about

My Dad had just finished playing and was trying to get picked up at Torrey Pines by my step mom the day Peterson got arrested there. She said when she got there, about 30 cop cars blocked the parking lot and he had to walk like a quarter mile to get to her car.

Tyson, back in the day, was must see tv. Friend's dad would have all his buddies and my friends buddies over to his condo to watch. Remember having Tyson in the first in the Spinks pool and being disappointed, foolish thinking it would go longer. Those were the days.

Movie theatres must still be struggling. Went to John Wick last night at regal Hamburg and it was fine, good, what you’d expect. But they had no butter… no BUTTER for the popcorn. How expensive could fake butter be?

Tyson fought a congaline of Tomatocans.

Ali fought against the golden age of heavyweights spanning 3 decades.

Advantage Ali
Height of COVID, friends and I would watch a fight a week on YouTube, starting with the Ali-Frazier battles. We would synch up the tvs and go, texting furiously as the fights went on, sipping bourbon and smoking stogies.

I’m a cord cutter myself, and I’ll grant you that being a New York pro sports fan takes it to a whole other level, but this is still a pretty startling example.

Both valid points, but mine is more that it basically took very little time to “catch up” to cable, and it’s only going to get worse and probably rise more quickly than cable/satellite historically did with so many different parties able to raise their prices essentially unchecked.

But I love the freedom of picking and choosing what I do and don’t want* and would never go back. Just thought it was interesting.

*That said, we pretty much have to have every single app known to man to keep everyone in our house happy. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT