ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy surely will help our program.

EvQVwDKXEAEmAg3.jpg

Eagle’s the best in the business. Don’t mind Spanarkel either although I know most don’t like him.

My last bitch of the week… no shit Providence is playing Hopkins at the 4. What is he? 6’7” and 220lbs? Only a moron would play him at the 3.

Go cats! All in! Let’s make a run!

Reactions: Col. Angus
- Would I be happy with a Sweet 16? Of course, not. I’m a Kentucky fan. Baseline for a “decent” season is Elite 8 and I can’t recall ever feeling good about one of those either. But at this point, I just want to prolong my ability to enjoy the tournament as long as possible.

- We are such an afterthought right now. Pretty pathetic.

- You see so many good portal guards and then realize Cal chose Wheeler. Unbelievable.

I can’t stand Spanarkal. He is still salty from 1978 and you can hear it in his voice during the broadcast.

Back in 2015, he called a few of our early round games, and I noticed that he had a Billy Packer like, quiet disdain for UK. I had no idea that he played for Duke.

Much more enjoyable knowing we won a ‘ship and send that arrogant cawksucker home.

Pretty much. Don't think my pissiness is going away. If you can push it aside, and still enjoy things, good on you. For me going into a tournament, where I'm not confident we can win our first game much less 6 in a row, sucks. Would anyone place a legit bet, without odds, that we make the 2nd weekend? Been saying all year, just win in March.

Last edited:
bradyjames placed a legit bet that we’d win the whole damn thing, so yeah.
We had just beat Auburn by 30 or so.
It was 50 to 1. Was so drunk I didn’t remember until the next day.

We have a coach that sleeps during the selection show, a PG that won’t play/even show up for senior night but will travel with the team. Players that won’t practice and Lance f’n Ware is our team captain.

It was a bigger waste of $ than a Rolex.

Last edited:
- I’ve never been as down on the program as I am right now which is odd considering where I was watching us lose to VMI and Gardner Webb.

With that being said if we win Friday I’m looking for tickets in Greensboro for Sunday.

- cal has to have some sort of early onset dementia right? Not being cute I’m genuinely concerned that he does.

- I’m quietly putting together a will Levis card collection that would make bradyjames proud. Crossing the fingers for him to land in a decent spot and not be Couch’d out of the league.

- officially have no TV service. Listened to the Arkansas and candy games via radio. I don’t watch anything other than Kentucky basketball and football any more and I watched less basketball this year since I was in school. No NFL. No NBA. No MLB. It’s all the Roman circus but I be damn if it doesn’t grab me by my big blue balls when it comes to this damn states university.

- what’s the word in the banking world right now?

2nd weekend? I’d do that with no odds.

I like us a lot against Providence and K State.

After that though we are losing to the fighting Shaka Smart’s. Amazing to see him get back in the coaching ranks after his nose dive at Texas.

Really do not know what Collins can give this team when he barely plays and when he does he is playing out of position. Has shown flashes before and can be a reliable free throw shooter. At this point, I have zero confidence Cal will get out of his own way and manage this team’s rotations correctly. The kid has been through a lot this year and deserves better.

This team (thru no fault of John Calipari's) has mostly solved it's offensive issues. Swapping out Wallace for Wheeler, and Reeves for Fredrick has given us a pretty good offensive punch.

But teams go right at Oscar on D and absolutely destroy us. We're *so* easy to coach and play against. So that's what Collins can give us. Swap out Collins for Oscar for an extended period of time, and do it on purpose, and let's see what happens. Marcus.

The MSU game at the beginning of the year was the worst coached game in Cals time here IMO and was just a preview of the upcoming year. Just a really dismal performance all around so it’s just hard to really see us making a run. Sweet 16 would be great to squeeze another week out of the tournament, as no matter how hard I try I usually stop watching after we lose.

Everything rightfully said about Collins, you can sub in Thiero and the same holds true. It's a systemic issue our coach has of not being able to properly utilize a bench and thus not developing players that could be vital contributors in their second or third year.

Instead they're mostly forgotten and move on for greener pastures & playing time which has been a frustrating recent theme. Have to think one if not both those two hits the portal shortly after our season ends.

Its just hard for me to wrap my brain around this practice, wheeler team captains etc. BS. It was once Cals M.O. managing and meshing big time talent.

It seems like Cal has completely lost the motivation/ability/staff to do this and makes the situation worse by his own actions. Its just one "injury" or drama after the other and its exhausting.

Reactions: jayroon
Its just hard for me to wrap my brain around this practice, wheeler team captains etc. BS. It was once Cals M.O. managing and meshing big time talent.

It seems like Cal has completely lost the motivation/ability/staff to do this and makes the situation worse by his own actions. Its just one "injury" or drama after the other and its exhausting.
Maybe it’s the meshing of average / pretty good talent that gives him a problem. When is the last time we had a team full of big time talent? Monk Fox Bam? Even that team was one player short

The MSU game at the beginning of the year was the worst coached game in Cals time here IMO and was just a preview of the upcoming year. Just a really dismal performance all around so it’s just hard to really see us making a run. Sweet 16 would be great to squeeze another week out of the tournament, as no matter how hard I try I usually stop watching after we lose.
Rack it. He sat our 20ppg (at the time) scorer for the last 10 minutes of regulation and for both OT’s. That’s the moment I realized it was all over.

Reactions: Midway Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT