ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t we done really well this year Vs elite def/avg off teams vs the opposite?

Providence is really good offensively and poor defensively so hopefully we can reverse the trend.

Oscar gotta eat if they are super small. Kill them on the boards and limit to’s.

Reactions: ksta
Flash Gordon GIF

^this dude outclassed Cal twice(d), with inferior talent.

-idk, I hope the cats make a run... not holding my breath.

-Still pretty salty about the way we played Friday. What a bunch of poppycock.

-Sun still out past 7p last night. We have made it. Of course March is substantially colder than Jan / Feb.

-Dow should be fun today. 🤮

-Providence lost 6 of their last 10 with a loss to St Johns and a 25 point loss to Seaton Hall.

-The blueprint for beating us is out there.

-You'd think karma would bite Bama, but if we've learned anything, the scumbags get rewarded these days. See UNC, UL and Kansas.

-Declined the NIT. 😭That's just perfect. How UNC of them.

-Who tf watches the Oscar's?

We now give players the option on when and if they want to practice and even play in games. Wheeler’s bitch ass would be out of the lodge 10 years ago with the crap he pulled.

I told you all a few weeks ago when I couldn’t keep up with who is playing and not playing that’s it the college basketball version of load management.

Touch this nonsense. And I hope none of you get your damn hopes up with this bunch. It’s been an inconsistent carnival act since November and you just don’t flip a switch in mid March.

Is it ok to muster up the smallest amount of enjoyment for the next F’ing week? We all know who we are.

Providence is 2-9 against NCAA Tournament teams, lost by 24 in their last game of the regular season to Seton Hall, 7-8 in their last 15 games, and barely cracks Kenneth Pom’s top 50.

There’s really no excuse to lose this game, so we’ll probably lose 77-65.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I’m not a Cal sunshine pumper, but his interviews have said enough lately that I think he is in the mode of the players at this point aren’t putting in the work so he’ll let them fail.

We beat those mid tier teams like we should. I know we can lose to Providence and K State, but I just don’t see it. I’m plenty aware of how they can beat us though so we’ll see.

I still don’t understand not playing Collins when it’s clear an undersized team is getting to the rim too easy.

I’m not a Cal sunshine pumper, but his interviews have said enough lately that I think he is in the mode of the players at this point aren’t putting in the work so he’ll let them fail.

We beat those mid tier teams like we should. I know we can lose to Providence and K State, but I just don’t see it. I’m plenty aware of how they can beat us though so we’ll see.

I still don’t understand not playing Collins when it’s clear an undersized team is getting to the rim too easy.
Maybe he shouldn’t give them control of the ship like everybody’s been screaming the last 4-5 years.

Is it ok to muster up the smallest amount of enjoyment for the next F’ing week? We all know who we are.

Sure. I just prefer to be a realist and anything worth while in life is about managing expectations.

I’d prefer that this program was back to winning SEC tournaments, earning #1 seeds and making everyone believe they have a legit shot to win a title. We are so far from that though and it drives me nuts to witness this mess.

Imma need at least 1 or 2 more days to talk myself into getting kicked in the nuts again.
Here’s ONE SIMPLE TRICK I’ve used to prep for this week:

Made myself watch Bracketology last night and watch everyone fall all over a team that won a shitty ACC tournament, a UConn team that spent half the season effing around and finding out, and teams like Houston, UCLA, etc. with injury issues. Convinced myself college basketball is mid, and we’re mid, so eff it let’s go!

Also our coach doesn’t care about the SECT, didn’t even practice, got his team some rest, wants revenge for last year, knows the narrative if they lose to to a former player, King Mid Kansas State, etc., etc. and is gonna push the right buttons.

I’m an idiot. Join me!

Here’s ONE SIMPLE TRICK I’ve used to prep for this week:

Made myself watch Bracketology last night and watch everyone fall all over a team that won a shitty ACC tournament, a UConn team that spent half the season effing around and finding out, and teams like Houston, UCLA, etc. with injury issues. Convinced myself college basketball is mid, and we’re mid, so eff it let’s go!

Also our coach doesn’t care about the SECT, didn’t even practice, got his team some rest, wants revenge for last year, knows the narrative if they lose to to a former player, King Mid Kansas State, etc., etc. and is gonna push the right buttons.

I’m an idiot. Join me!
Maybe tomorrow.

The ambivalence here demonstrates the lack of trust that BBN has in Calipari. We do have a legit great draw (much better than deserved) and it is easy to see how we could get to the Final Four.

Yet (other than Vern and krazy), I'm not sure how anyone could have any belief that this lazy coach and this inconsistent team have any chance of doing anything meaningful. We will probably make the Sweet Sixteen, lose, and then Calipari will crow about what a great job he did and how excited he is for next year.

Rinse and mediocrely repeat.

Never thought I'd see the day when IsRichie....nastart is the rational one. Really weird combo of battered wife and Stockholm syndrome mixed together to form today's Billy Joe Wildcat.

I *get it*, best time of the sports calendar and you want to hope for a magical run. But lets all agree we're at the desperation part of the movie where we're out of bullets and our only option is to throw the gun at the bad guy.

I actually like our draw but of course my confidence is pretty low. I have hope that things finally open up for us but then again it will probably open up only for us to get bounced early and miss out on a good path again.

I have a feeling that Arizona comes out of the South region by knocking off Bama. I have zero feelings towards Arizona other than a bad taste from 97 but of the realistic contenders not named Kentucky, I think I'd be fine with them winning it. I obviously don't want Kansas, Duke, or Tennessee to win. I'd rather not have Bama win because that would just give them the idea that the SEC is their conference. I don't want Texas coming into the SEC with a recent basketball title. UCLA winning just widens the title gap. Marquette is to UK what we were to Utah when it comes to the tournament so F them. I just don't like Gonzaga so give me Arizona if we can't win it.

So my first thought with Cal and the dog stroller is they have small dogs and one of them just passed away a few weeks ago so I was thinking that was the dog in the stroller. But it sounds like it was more recent. But leave his dog(s) out of it. Sometimes dogs like to go outside, but have lost mobility.

Other than Bryce Hopkins, does anyone know a thing about Providence?

Clearly they don’t play D, so Oscar, Reeves and Wallace should look to be aggressive.

- I don’t want Alabama to win it all, but at this point I can’t find a team for them to face where I can say they’ll lose.

That sucks!

Our strollers are for kids, not dogs and we are down to 4 strollers, Anth.
-1 jogging stroller for daily use
-1 stroller for airport/small areas
-1 umbrella stroller for walking to Rupp or other areas where you can't store a large stroller
-1 extra stroller if anyone wants it

• Angry
Reactions: anthonys735
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT