ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody would care if we were winning.
Even if we were balling out of control, I'd still kind of care because a grown man walking a dog in a stroller is so absurd and effete that it calls into question his judgment but I'd ignore it if we were a contender.

I mean that's up there with still double masking and a neck tattoo on the WTF scale.

Last edited:
Should we save the stroller discussion until Saturday at least. Feels like we can get more mileage out of this during the offseason

• Haha
Reactions: WayneDougan
You don’t have to play D in order to defend our high speed modern offense.

Unfortunately for Providence, we have a history of shooting well in huge arenas…

Not watching a lick of bs. Idc.

Remember many years ago when Cal started that be about the SEC tournament not mattering? That’s almost up there with the bs about DREAMS >>> Wins.

I’m still convinced we don’t do jack shit at practices. Obviously, but I bet it’s more embarrassing than you’d think. Pretty common for Cal’s chosen players to sit out games now. Imagine what losers we actually have on the floor at PRACTICE. Then, imagine what sort of grueling agenda our lazy coach has planned for them.

Also, CHIN.

Watched a 1 hour Devin Leary interview. That man gets it. I already like him a lot more than ADHD Will Levis. Calm and cool mfer.

I know what a Mark Stoops practice is like.

This is the kind of shit that people in Lexington talk about.

Calipari could walk through Chevy Chase naked with a lizard on a leash for all I care as long as he’s winning at the level that meets expectations.

Who gives a crap about him walking with a dog in stroller?
Is “lizard on a leash” what they call cock rings in Lexington?

Reactions: PGthirteen13
Get a grip, you F’ing idiot.

I was being flippant; of course I'm not going to pull against UK. Jesus. I'd pull against Cal himself if I could, but I love the team. If I felt like Cal didn't have complete disdain for the fanbase, I might give him a little more grace. But I think it's obvious he's a bitter, cynical old man who is just holding on for one more shot at glory next season. I just want him gone. We can get these same results with a coach who doesn't hate the fans or think he's bigger than the program.

Reactions: ULISwuzPointGod
Any attempt at analyzing this team and their chances is a fool's errand. We know we can/will get cooked by small lineups that P&R Oscar but at the same time Reeves and/or Oscar are capable of going crazy and bailing us and our washed coach out of any game.

To heck with glass full or empty, I'm watching now with the curiosity I watch my 9-year-old pour a glass of milk out of a full gallon jug...there are a lot of outcomes most of which are disastrous but, hey, maybe it will work out.

- I was joking around about the BLOB defense because it drives me crazy, but we actually got about as good of a draw for which we could've hoped. Providence has a fairly similar profile to Vandy (Providence: 116/102 Adj/OAdjD; Vandy 116/105), but they get their offense much more through close 2s than 3s. They don't have the type of big man who traditionally gives Oscar trouble. Their tallest starter is Ed Croswell at 6'8". We should have a strong rebounding advantage as well, which is a pretty big key for us IMO. They also don't run a ton of PnR, which is great for us too.

- The biggest concern is pretty obvious - they spread us out with their smaller line up, beat us one-on-one all game for easy lay-ups, and Oscar gets in foul trouble and/or settles for too much midrange. This is the most realistic scenario for a loss. I don't have a ton of faith in our coaching staff but surely they are drilling this into our guys this week.

- If we win, we get K-State, which is a tough match-up but the best possible one for us out of all the 3 seeds IMO. We have handled teams like them pretty well all year.

- I get being pessimistic, and perhaps it is justified, but the tournament is the tournament. It deserves its reputation as the most exciting event in sports, but you'd be hard pressed to come up with a worse way to pick a champion. There's no point in putting a ceiling on this team (or any other). We rely on a lot of variance: midrange shooting, offensive rebounds, and poor 3 point shooting from the other team. This means the chances of winning 6 in a row are very small, but if those factors line up for a game or two, we could make a run. Groundbreaking analysis, I know, but it is what it is.

-Non tourney related topics. I saw plenty of people smoking in Louisville during the St Paddy’s Day parade but honestly rarely notice it in Lexington.

-Half the trainers that work for me are out of town for spring break so it’s going to be a long week with me picking up the slack.

-Allergies man wow. Haven’t been in Lex this time of year in a long while and it’s killing me. My uvula is swollen today and I can feel it on my tongue, makes me almost gag. Hope this DayQuil and Claritin helps.

-Did I see that the 1-3 seeds in the women’s tourney are 335-1 or something? That’s absurd, talk about parity…

-Turned off the heat when it hit 70+ a week ago and and just been making fires. Wood burns really fast.

Anyone have some for sale not from Kroger?

-Cal is already retired in his mind. I really think he may bounce after next year, he would get paid handsomely to be on tv. If Brady can get a quarter mill Cal can get a few million a year probably to talk, his favorite hobby.

Our strollers are for kids, not dogs and we are down to 4 strollers, Anth.
-1 jogging stroller for daily use
-1 stroller for airport/small areas
-1 umbrella stroller for walking to Rupp or other areas where you can't store a large stroller
-1 extra stroller if anyone wants it

We have 1 stroller we got when my 13YO was born.

We used that for all of our kids.

Locked and Loaded Can't Miss First Round Upsets:

South - Charleston
East - FAU
Midwest - Penn State
West - Iona

Other than Bryce Hopkins, does anyone know a thing about Providence?
I've watched them on several occasions, so yes, I do know about Providence. They're good. It is a very tough matchup. They've struggled as of late, but they have all of the components that give us trouble.

Their lead guard is Jared Bynum. He is a 5th year senior, only 5"10 but bulky and strong. He's crafty and can make tough shots. He missed like 5 games during one stretch and Providence struggled as a result.

Their other two guards are Noah Locke and Devin Carter, both former SEC guards. Locke began his career at Florida before transferring to UL last year. He's not overly athletic, but is probably their best 3 point shooter and is also good at pull up mid range jumpers. Carter transferred from South Carolina after only one year, but he is the type of guard you see on Arkansas or Texas AM. He's scrappy, athletic, and can defend. He's not a great shooter but he is capable.

Their big man is Ed Croswell, who is a senior. He's tough, physical, and has length. He's like many of the SEC big men that Oscar has seen (Tolu Smith, Coleman/Marble, the Mitchell twins, etc). They bring a 7 footer off the bench to back him up, Clifton Moore, who started off at IU before transferring to Temple. He's not overly skilled but he does have length.

Providence will go to their bench, but their starting 5 will play the bulk of the minutes. All 5 starters average double figures. They move the ball and they all rebound. It will be a very difficult game.

My one reason for optimism? We've played well after disappointing losses. It doesn't mean it's going to happen again, but this team seems to respond with their backs against the wall. We shall see, I suppose.

Last edited:
Day After Takes:

- @bradyjames is forever GOATed. I took in the SEC Championship from his suite in Bridgestone yesterday. Easy in, easy out. Now, that's the way to take in an event in Nashville. His generosity, kindness, and decency are all confirmed. A wildcat friend's wildcat friend, if you will.

- Alabama is really, really good. What stood out to me yesterday was their on-ball defensive intensity and then their very athletic, very mobile bigs protected the rim and rebounded. NOTHING was easy for A&M yesterday.

- Their fan-base is shameless. A bunch of obnoxious, loud, front-running, excuse making assholes. Reminds me of us and there's just not enough room for them in our lane. It felt like they were trespassing on hallowed ground yesterday. And they wanted everyone to know it.

- Nate Oats is wound pretty tight. I can't tell if it's competitive fire or he's a ball of anxiety/nerves. There are some red-flags there (in case you haven't noticed). I can't pick them to win it all because of it. It will carry over to the team at some point. Too many distractions and it will all catch up eventually.

- Brandon Miller is a stud. He'll get bigger and better. He looks so skinny and young and frail. Smooth, though. And that dunk . . . sheeeeeiiiiittt. His ceiling is Jason Tatum.

- I was kinda big on UConn but every talking head is building them up and they drew Pitino. I have my doubts now.

- Excited to be getting out of town and into my element on Wednesday, even though the weather looks miserable.

- Looks like we're paying the February Tax this week. No matter how many good weather days you get in February, you have to pay them back some time. Maybe this crap moves out in March and we can enjoy a regular April and May, but I doubt it. I expect 50 and rain on Derby Day.

- Regardless of what I think about our Cats, this time of year is my Christmas. Basketball overload!

Thanks Vern, exactly what I was looking for. I have no idea what to expect but I’m hopeful.

The line was 3.5 and has already moved to 4.

- To beat Bama you have to be able to draw fouls. They are long on that back line so driving to the rim gets into their strength if you get them in foul trouble.

- I like Iona/Pitino against UConn too. Love ‘em or Hate em that old bastard will have his guys ready to execute his game plan.

- I hope Self is ok health wise because that second round matchup with Arkansas will be stressful. I’m not sure I’ve ever witnessed a team with all they are be as bad as they are when they’re off. I think that’s a really bad matchup for KU.

- For all the talk that we suck at small ball etc…….we locked Wade Taylor up when we played A&M. He and Radford are as strong of a backcourt as anybody else. I’ve been extremely impressed with them.

- Somehow I have Drake as my Cinderella this year, and I end up with Bama, Marquette, A&M and UCLA as my F4.

Gross

Reactions: TheShowKiller
I watched Drake play Belmont in person a few weeks ago. Nothing about them looking visually impressive. They have a 6'10, 275 lb. pro wrassler at Center, but he has to sit a lot due to fouls or conditioning. I mean, they're decent and that's good enough in this tournament, but I don't see anything that stands out as special.

Reactions: krazykats
Decided to stay in town this weekend. I'm taking off Friday if anyone wants to watch basketball and drink all day.

Are you guys gonna do this all week? Christ

Believe it was clearly stated we were still pissed about Friday, and not being able to be cocky confident this week, so we need another day or so to talk ourselves into unrealistic optimism. We'll get there.

We have 1 stroller we got when my 13YO was born.

We used that for all of our kids.

I'm not even sure how your kids survived with a 7:1 kid to stroller ratio. Henpeck Mom's Group clearly states anything less than 1:5 K/S ratio will lead to certain death.

Cal is a POS blah blah but seriously, is he okay, health wise? Maybe it is just a terminal case of No Longer Giving a Shit, but sleeping on live TV during the GD selection show coupled with his appearance the last couple years is kinda concerning? I want him gone and this lifetime contract terminated but not because he's literally dead. Despite what I may have yelled at my television a time or two the last couple seasons.

Then again, he's a grown man (allegedly) walking his pups in strollers, so...

Maybe it is just a terminal case of No Longer Giving a Shit, but sleeping on live TV during the GD selection show
When I was a kid I’d go see my grandparents and they’d always fall asleep during the 6:30 news. Guess what, they were the same age as Cal. He’s old and washed. It happens.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Imma need at least 1 or 2 more days to talk myself into getting kicked in the nuts again.
Same here.

It's like getting hammered on Saturday and waking up Sunday saying, "Never again." Monday is the same, never again. Tuesday you start to feel a little better and pretty sure it's never again. By Wednesday, I'm looking forward to the weekend and reaching out to see what the plans are. Ready to get after it.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

My oldest is buddies with KT’s son at school, sounds like a done deal, per the 7th graders

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT