ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke is going to have to overcome just like us, but the possibility of getting to an E8 and meet them there is eye opening.

Hopefully we draw and early time window so Cal isn’t asleep during our games!

FrDl8kRXsAA5zj7
Sprinkles.

I’ve been saying for weeks that we can beat damn near anyone and we can get beat by damn near anyone. That is is not a recipe for success in the randomness of the tourney.

That said, I most definitely hope we win the whole damn thing it’s just that I cannot, and will not, allow myself to believe we make it past the first weekend. Those thinking anything else must have got their flowers and candy or a nice dinner out with no kids.

We play to our potential and we’re the best team out of that group.

I once scored 20 in an intramural game. Was that my potential or a freaking fluke? I sure as shit never did that again, and likewise what we saw when we played Arkansas is probably a one-time deal too.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Have to break down this schedule. Have 4 screen configuration and need to figure out which game goes on the big screen and which games go on the smaller.

Also have to figure out an alternate channel for each screen in case the big screen game is a blowout.

Love it! Especially when there is a potential upset and you have to reconfigure all the channels.

UK is the only exception obviously.

Have roughly the same feeling about Cal and this team as I did in 2005-07 when Tubby led us to back-to-back 8 seeds.

I mean, we're in the tournament. But not really in the tournament.

Sure, I can look at this bracket and rationalize why we should make at least an E8 run. But after getting punked twice by Vandy in 10 days, I'm just not buying it.

Providence will not kick our ass.

I’ll take all of these bets though if anyone is interested?

Listening to Cal, it’s truly amazing 4 guys didn’t practice leading up to the Vandy game.

Got to admit it is a nice bracket.
But then again so was the bracket we had in the SEC.

Not sure what could be worse for Cal if he is eliminated by a kid he wouldn't let off the bench last season.

Listening to Cal, it’s truly amazing 4 guys didn’t practice leading up to the Vandy game.
I got the impression from listening to him and JDrum agreed, he sounds like a player or two didn't practice when they could have and it pissed him off. Basically said if you don't come to practice don't expect to play a big role.

Reactions: krazykats
Sounds like Wheeler, Toppin, and the other 2 he didn’t say but I’d guess CJ and Cason.
That's the four, yeah. He made a point to say Wheeler was excluded from the "don't practice, don't play" thing. Who knows that the hell is going on there. Why does it seem like we're always trying to glue shit together the week of the tournament like we procrastinated till the night before our 8th grade science project was due?

That's the four, yeah. He made a point to say Wheeler was excluded from the "don't practice, don't play" thing. Who knows that the hell is going on there. Why does it seem like we're always trying to glue shit together the week of the tournament like we procrastinated till the night before our 8th grade science project was due?
Bc it’s players first in all facets. I mean he has publicly stated this shit.

Because that’s exactly what’s going on.

Reactions: grantbob
I know it’s just a quick, candid photo shot, but that looks like a totally checked-out basketball team inside their coach’s house -who, by the way, looks like an exhausted septuagenarian. I mean, he looks like a dude that just took his back pills at an assisted living facility.

Just a totally bad vibe heading into this thing. I sound like a dumb rube “analyzing” a random photo, but body language doesn’t speak, it SCREAMS. Guys not practicing and then this photo? It’s the biggest day of your season, you’ve had plenty of time to rest, but everyone’s just laying around like “maaaan, I hope we ain’t going to Des Moines or whatever.”

I know it’s just a quick, candid photo shot, but that looks like a totally checked-out basketball team inside their coach’s house -who, by the way, looks like an exhausted septuagenarian. I mean, he looks like a dude that just took his back pills at an assisted living facility.

Just a totally bad vibe heading into this thing. I sound like a dumb rube “analyzing” a random photo, but body language doesn’t speak, it SCREAMS. Guys not practicing and then this photo? It’s the biggest day of your season, you’ve had plenty of time to rest, but everyone’s just laying around like “maaaan, I hope we ain’t going to Des Moines or whatever.”
Goodfellas GIF

All 5 of ESPN's Selection Sunday crew picked 5th seeded Duke to the Final Four. 😂

Also all 5 had them against Marquette and I don’t think they will best Purdue and Marquette back to back on the second weekend.

Besides the fact I want UK to beat them, I think a lot of people will sleep on Marquette and they just crushed UConn and Xavier to win their tourney.

UConn BTW, was picked by 4/5 ESPN talking heads to make the F4.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Knee Jerk Picks:

Alabama, Marquette, Texas, Kansas
Texas over Alabama in the Championship Game.

UCSB over Baylor, Iona over UConn, VCU over St. Mary's, C of Charleston beats SDSU.
Marquette eliminates the Cayts in R16.
Memphis over Purdue in Rd 2
TCU loses to AzSt/Nevada winner
Arkansas, Missouri, Auburn and Miss State all lose before the R32.

If you decline a postseason berth, does that mean you can claim a "Helms Title?" #Sprinkles

The selection show photo op in 2012 was when I absolutely knew that team was winning the whole thing. No one even cracked a smile. Ready to murk.

Why are we just now naming captains 32 games into the season? Also, if Toppin is one of the guys not practicing, why is he a captain?

As always, a lot of f’n noise around the program.
We're in the Fat Elvis stage of Cal's coaching career where this shit is now the norm.

Say what you will about the SEC, we faced some strong defenses. Hopefully, we can cut through the soft Providence D like warm butter.

They’re offense is small and efficient but not because of the 3.

I think this is a good matchup for us. Hopkins with something to prove but Toppin, too, who despite the schizophrenic nature of this team, has been more or less reliable for over a month now.

We now give players the option on when and if they want to practice and even play in games. Wheeler’s bitch ass would be out of the lodge 10 years ago with the crap he pulled.

I told you all a few weeks ago when I couldn’t keep up with who is playing and not playing that’s it the college basketball version of load management.

Touch this nonsense. And I hope none of you get your damn hopes up with this bunch. It’s been an inconsistent carnival act since November and you just don’t flip a switch in mid March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT