ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
14 years ago today in the Alabama State Tournament Final Four, a couple of Memphis commits went head to head.

Fp_pPGNXoAU7cNb

The week leading up to the Cornell game was an exercise in how close the sports world could come to calling a team a "bunch of dumb N words" without actually doing so.

Never seen anything like it tbh. Was despicable.
I'm not trying to stir any political drama here because that is a lane I don't care to be in, BUT . . . how many of those exact same sportwriters now identify as WOKE and were there to carry the banner for the disadvantaged black athlete in 2020? They really shifted their narrative. It's like if Kentucky is somehow involved, they lose their everlovin' minds.

dan_shaughnessy_ma_4.png

The week of the Cornell game This New England Chap asshole had Mags on his Boston show and they kept playing banjo music leading up to the segment.

Mags got in there and ran circles around him and his co host basically pointing out the racial tones of the whole Ivy League do gooders vs the evil One and Done players from the inner city. Shaughnessy became so angry and frustrated during this segment and surprised that someone from Kentucky could come on their show and put them in their place like we’re all a bunch of inbred idiots.

Touch em.

Last edited:
-I mean...the unmitigated gall of someone of Irish ancestry thinking they get to talk shit about anyone being poor/illiterate. FOH.

-shaughnessy looks like a thumb.

-also, Boston? **** you, buddy.
For a liberal city, overly saturated in the collegiate think-tank social strata, Boston is easily the biggest low-key-racist town. Massholes.

dan_shaughnessy_ma_4.png

The week of the Cornell game This New England Chap asshole had Mags on his Boston show and they kept playing banjo music leading up to the segment.

Mags got in there and ran circles around him and his co host basically pointing out the racial tones of the whole Ivy League do gooders vs the evil One and Done players from the inner city. Shaughnessy became so angry and frustrated during this segment and surprised that someone from Kentucky could come on their show and put them in their place like we’re all a bunch of inbred idiots.

Touch em.

Man would love to hear that that guy looks like an inbred drunk

I'm not trying to stir any political drama here because that is a lane I don't care to be in, BUT . . . how many of those exact same sportwriters now identify as WOKE and were there to carry the banner for the disadvantaged black athlete in 2020? They really shifted their narrative. It's like if Kentucky is somehow involved, they lose their everlovin' minds.
They always identified that way. They had fueled the "Rupp was a segregationist" bullshit in regards to the revisionist history regarding the Texas Western game. It was just convenient for them to jump on the stereotype of this UK team being a collection of thugs because they hated Cal and UK.

I do recall a shift during that week where there was blow-back nationally on that narrative, especially with several defending that UK team for being the recipients of that subtle racist characterization.

Tales from Bus 081:

According to word on the street, a girl gave a guy head on my bus yesterday afternoon. Seat Q

I said, (in my best Hedley Lamaar voice) "Blowjobs, ehhhh??? I hope she brought enough for EVERYone!"
(I'm not going to report them, but they're going scrub and sanitize that f*cking seat tomorow.)

Say what you will about John Calipari and “one and done” mercenaries but the biggest thing it’s done is flipped the narrative from “these kids don’t care about school, they just wanna play sports!” to “the schools don’t care about educating these kids, they just wanna make money off them!”

The UNC academic scandal helped too.

UK basketball and UNC cheating- really helped expose the NCAA bullshit.

I also remember that Forde or Thamel or both reported that not only did the Bledsoes' have the audacity to live out of a car but his mom had the nerve to work as a cashier in an adult bookstore. I guess collecting a check or doing something illegal would be the more honorable thing to do.

Say what you will about John Calipari and “one and done” mercenaries but the biggest thing it’s done is flipped the narrative from “these kids don’t care about school, they just wanna play sports!” to “the schools don’t care about educating these kids, they just wanna make money off them!”

The UNC academic scandal helped too.

UK basketball and UNC cheating- really helped expose the NCAA bullshit.

It's not talked about nearly enough that not only did UNC exploit their players but they literally did so with their African-American Studies program. UNC with deeds showed Chapel Hill thinks this is a useless, worthless area of study and we'll use it to create fake degrees. I honestly cannot think of anything more racist in college sports that has occurred in the last 50 years

Last edited:
Well there was that scandal recently where it was revealed how kids from upper middle class families were able to game their way into elite schools through means way less honest than working at an adult book store.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Sportswriters aren’t “woke” nowadays, they’ve just licked their collective fingers and stuck them in the air to see which direction the wind is blowing.

I’m old enough to remember The Fab Five ruining the fabric of our society by wearing baggy shorts, or Randy Moss doing the same by celebrating touchdowns.

Well there was that scandal recently where it was revealed how kids from upper middle class families were able to game their way into elite schools through means way less honest than working at an adult book store.

Don’t tell White Wayne that. He thinks rich assholes fairly earn their way into Ivy League schools thru huge financial contributions, but a poor homeless kid who grew up with a single mom and lived in his car just needed to study harder to earn his athletic scholarship, otherwise he’ll destroy the academic integrity of said Tier 4 school.

Reactions: 12 Oz. Epilogue
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT