ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my first true leg workout in a couple of years this morning. Felt good, wanted to keep going but I also want to be able to walk the next couple of days.

The heat is in the hat... for 40 pts

This weather is phenomenal! Unlike some of you peckersniffers, I like comfortable weather no matter what month it is.

Big government is a cancer, so are political parties

Been eating more eggs lately. Gotten pretty good at omelets, which are far superior to scrambled

Gonna knock out two must-dos and then enjoy this weather while it lasts!
Unprovoked!!

-I boil my eggs in water, 10 minutes...start cold only boiling for about 3 minutes max, little vinegar added for an easy peel. Profit.

-looked at gnr...but 200+ for decent seats at their age? that's a no from me dog. Work buddy is trying to score is tix for is from a vendor, we'll see.

I find eggs disgusting in all forms except quiche. I will flat out tear a quiche the eff up. Don’t @ me, please respect my decision, ATKOT.

• Sad
Reactions: 80 Proof
Breakfast gets a hard pass from me. Zero interest, and probably eat it 3-5x a year because I'm forced to. In fact, I prefer not seeing anyone eat breakfast foods. Get on with your day, Alice. You don't need 1,500 calories and a 45 minute sit down meal before 9:00 am.

I'll happily see everyone around 11:30 am for a club and diet cola, though. No question.

Breakfast gets a hard pass from me. Zero interest, and probably eat it 3-5x a year because I'm forced to. In fact, I prefer not seeing anyone eat breakfast foods. Get on with your day, Alice. You don't need 1,500 calories and a 45 minute sit down meal before 9:00 am.

I'll happily see everyone around 11:30 am for a club and diet cola, though. No question.

2 scrambled, 2 pcs bacon, 1 pc lite toast, coffee....325 calories, and I am not gorging on crap 2 hours later.

TFP, and sprinkles on my eggs.

Well, eggs and bacon isn't worth it to me. I was referring more to society's recent decision of turning breakfast into a TREAT.

LETS GO STAND OUTSIDE FOR AN HOUR AT FAT MORNINGS AND IF THERES A TABLE READY BEFORE LUNCH EAT THERE. Ill HAVE THE FRENCH TOAST W SUGAR AND LARD AND BISCUITS FOR THE TABLE AND A SIDE OF BACON AND WE'LL SPLIT THE BLUEBERRY PANCAKES. ITS 11:15 NOW WELL SEE YOU LATER THAT WAS FUN.

Entire F'n day (and more importantly, appetite for lunch) is ruined.

I almost accidentally liked that post from the dork.

Two eggs meal with black coffee from WH is a great start to a day. Lots of protein and not too many calories.

I'm not much into the high carb nonsense SAE referenced.

Saturday morning, meet buddy or two for breakfast at diner, sip on a pot of coffee, shoot the breeze, catch up, then get on with the day, run some errands, back in time to watch the afternoon games Life's simple pleasures.

Ft Wright Diner usually has a table of 10-12 old guys that get together every Saturday morning. Envy them having that many people that enjoy each others company at their age.

SAE complaining about kid breakfast orders to bunch of GYERO adults. Goodness that 3rd one is taking a toll.

If I eat breakfast it purposefully happens on days planned to skip lunch. Like tomorrow for instance!

A family member has asked me to meet them as they feel some sort of way about how I’ve lived my life after my mom passed and the whole family has missed the last 2 years of my life and apparently feel some sort of way about it.

Naturally said family member wants to meet at a public place, and I can’t wait to feed my fat face and when I’m done politely tell someone to F off!

Should start my Friday off right.

Breakfast is ELITE. Breakfast for dinner is highly credited and I do that 2-3x a week. But if you're taking down a Saturday brunch order, i.e. sugar and pancakes and waffles and heavy grits/sausage gravy, as a normal every day breakfast:

a) shew, what's your Costco bill
b) do you not have a job you need to get to?
c) did you pick up your metformin prescription this morning?

SAE is absolutely correct about Steely Dan really hitting with the spring weather, tho.

SAE is absolutely correct about Steely Dan really hitting with the spring weather,tho.
SAE and I are two of the biggest Steely Dan fans around, but I have always questioned this opinion. Steely Dan is the ultimate four-seasons band.
  1. Winter: Caves of Altimira, Aja, Any Major Dude, Chain Lightning
  2. Spring: Black Cow, Hey Nineteen, Your Gold Teeth II, Time out of Mind
  3. Summer: Peg, Kid Charlemagne, Gaslighting Abbie
  4. Fall: Reelin' in the Years, My Old School, Deacon Blues

Reactions: pretzel__logic

I have a solution for you bubby. 6 raw eggs down the hatch takes less than a minute lots of protein and few cals.

Fat Mornings sounds amazing. It’s like First Watch without the feel good bfast. I feel like it would easily compete with Cracker Barrel on Sunday’s.

SAE and I are two of the biggest Steely Dan fans around, but I have always questioned this opinion. Steely Dan is the ultimate four-seasons band.
  1. Winter: Caves of Altimira, Aja, Any Major Dude, Chain Lightning
  2. Spring: Black Cow, Hey Nineteen, Your Gold Teeth II, Time out of Mind
  3. Summer: Peg, Kid Charlemagne, Gaslighting Abbie
  4. Fall: Reelin' in the Years, My Old School, Deacon Blues
I think of Aja as a fall album, but I can get behind this take. SD shows up in my playlists most during spring and fall; they're kings of transitional eras, at least for me.

As for raw eggs, I would rather slit my wrists than shotgun raw eggs first thing in the morning. I can see egg whites, since they're pasteurized, but just...cracking six eggs into a glass and drinking it? Even I'm not a big enough meathead for that nonsense.

It’s been mentioned but this Southern Hoops on SECN is so good man. The fact our conference had so many good players as a “football conference” is pretty remarkable. Skywalker, Barkley, ‘Nique and many more all playing against each other is really cool.

Reactions: jayroon
I think of Aja as a fall album, but I can get behind this take. SD shows up in my playlists most during spring and fall; they're kings of transitional eras, at least for me.

As for raw eggs, I would rather slit my wrists than shotgun raw eggs first thing in the morning. I can see egg whites, since they're pasteurized, but just...cracking six eggs into a glass and drinking it? Even I'm not a big enough meathead for that nonsense.
Doesn’t bother me at all but again, basic. If you let your mouth break the yolk it literally almost tastes the same as breaking it open when cooked. Just makes it easy for me. 6 every M-F. Sometimes I add coffee into the eggs to really set off the morning.

Breeders Cup '24 heading to Del Mar. I've never been to that track but the chance to possibly do BC and then Torrey Pines would be ideal

The Lass and I did a week in San Diego in 2016 before our first kid. We hit up Del Mar for the races one afternoon. Place was unreal. Walking into the entrance I could see the mountains to the East and then to our left waves from the Pacific were crashing onto the beach.

It had a very laid back feel. You could purchase Clubhouse tickets for practically nothing and it seemed like we could walk into any area. There’s a statue of Bing Crosby right near the Paddock and really cool black and white photos of Crosby and celebs at the track littered throughout the Clubhouse.

Breakfast for dinner is a rube take
Breakfast foods are, at best, ok. They pale in comparison to real dishes and largely are trash.

Eggs are cheap protein that we gussy up and pretend to like but no one with a conscience would prefer over a steak. I'd take a burger and fries at 7 am over an omelet and french toast at 8 pm every day of my life.

F*** breakfast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT