ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea but you're a complete F'n loser.

Life's a give and take.
Bro, I have to take my dog to the “pet resort” Saturday before going to BG. I know about give and take, I just prefer the take. Have you ever dropped your kids off at a concrete cage for a night? You have no idea, son.

Also, pretty proud I’m everything SAE isn’t. Don’t have a stupid office job, lean right, lean in general lol, tattoos, never stepped in a frat house, womanizer, don’t rely on high school sports to be proud of myself, don’t wear a gold bracelet (I’m assuming), etc. 😃

Lol. EJ is easily the worst *elite* recruit we’ve had.

And yes, I’m including Skal,

Good job on the passes I guess. Total BUM.
He was a disappointment based on his ranking. I didn't say that, dipshit. But down the stretch he started to fill his role on that team.

The best FT shooting team in the history of Kentucky basketball with 2 high quality NBA guards and a good NBA quality center was basically built for the tournament. Was always extremely high on that team.

Reactions: wcc31
* In the tourney, our starters might all average at least 35 minutes. Our bench is awful. Thank sweet baby Jesus that EJ Montgomery is finally playing to his strengths and providing defense and rebounding rather than throwing up 18 footers.

Vern never stops being Vern. What role did EJ play on that squad? Second biggest poosay on the team after Trashton?
Your post from late Feb 2020 seems to suggest you agree with me, F%ckface. I mean, you're actually thanking Jesus for what EJ was providing. Now go sit in the corner until you're told to return.

Also, pretty proud I’m everything SAE isn’t. Don’t have a stupid office job, lean right, lean in general lol, tattoos, never stepped in a frat house, womanizer, don’t rely on high school sports to be proud of myself, don’t wear a gold bracelet (I’m assuming), etc. 😃
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

SAE is probably the best smart-ass I know, and I mean that fully as a compliment. His ability to drop sarcastic zingers and deadpan is elite.

PTI used to be great at that too, but now he's just weird and runs a lot.

I irrationally liked Dick Nickfingers. He was a good dude that played hard, just had dicks instead of fingers which was unfortunate for all parties involved.

My son was at a UK camp he was working and I’ll be damned during the rebound/put back station he dick fingered one right in front of me during the demo [laughing]

But I liked the guy.

Other than actually playing basketball well, what did you like so much about EJ Montgomery’s game?

Other than actually playing basketball well, what did you like so much about EJ Montgomery’s game?

Don’t get me wrong- I’m likely damning with faint praise here but I thought EJ had a decent feel for the game from the 4, was switchable on D and was decent next to Richards.

Wasn’t great, overrated recruit and soft, but I didn’t outright hate him by the time he was done.

The reason for that, chad, is because he was filling his role as a starter for a team that had national title aspirations. Down the stretch, he was doing what we needed him to do.

Poor Wodie just doesn't remember anything before covid. I mean, the guy thought Myron Anthony was in the same recruiting class as Wayne Turner and Nazr Mohammed.

I really enjoyed that 2020 team, but it is revisionist history when people claim that they were "rolling" heading into the post season.

While that comeback against Florida was huge, they did so with their starting point guard being left behind in Lexington because he refused to enter the previous game. That previous game being a disastrous loss that saw them blow a 17 point 2nd half lead at home to a shitty Tennessee team.

It would have been interesting to see if Cal would have decided to give Tyrese Maxey the reins to that team and given Hagans the Wheeler treatment. I think that team could have made a legit run, but ....oh well.

The way Vern remembers it: "EJ Montgomery was a valuable contributor for a team that was sure to win the title in 2020! The only way John Calipari's cock could be more perfect is if it smelled like Afro Sheen."

The way everyone else remembers it: "Montgomery sucked, was soft, shot way too many jumpers, and had no energy. He got better toward the end of 2020 but we were winning in spite of him, not because of him."

His ability to drop sarcastic zingers and deadpan is elite.
Aren’t all responses on a message board technically deadpan unless exclamation marks or all caps are used?

I liked EJ’s game as it reminded me of Tayshaun Prince. You know, if Tayshaun Prince never improved after his first few games as a freshman.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
The way Vern remembers it: "EJ Montgomery was a valuable contributor for a team that was sure to win the title in 2020! The only way John Calipari's cock could be more perfect is if it smelled like Afro Sheen."

The way everyone else remembers it: "Montgomery sucked, was soft, shot way too many jumpers, and had no energy. He got better toward the end of 2020 but we were winning in spite of him, not because of him."

You've already been exposed and dealt with, bitch. Also, I didn't tell you to return from the corner yet, ho. Get back over there!

Our offense is looking better but we all know stall ball in the last 5 minutes will kill us in the tournament like it always does.

We weren’t “winning” in spite of him. We had just got our asses kicked by Tennessee in a terrible loss and carried it over to 30 minutes of ass basketball against Florida. Luckily for us we were more talented at literally every position and were able to come back and win the game.

We may have made the sweet 16 but we have no reason to consider that a lock anymore

- Kermit Davis already out at Ole Miss. This trend of firing coaches even before the season is over is intriguing. Guess there is some value in being able to go ahead and launch your search, but they only had four games left. Does a two-week head start make THAT much of a difference? Especially when you're *checks notes* Ole Miss?

- It WOULD make sense for either Georgetown or St. John's to jump the gun on the other and announce their firings, because it would give one of them a headstart on hiring Pitino. Of course, the ultimate domino would be for Georgetown to hire Cooley, allowing Pitino to finish his career at Providence.

- I think SAE is pretty great, actually.

- I'm glad my dog doesn't know she has allergies, because she'd be wild with jealous anger at the delicious treats most other dogs get to enjoy.

- My oldest kid leaves the house (or at least she better be!!! hahaha) in six months. Already pretty broken up just thinking about it, tbh.

- Chumps, any food recs for the arena in Columbus? The Mrs. and I are going up to watch MY Seattle Kraken take on your Bluejackets next weekend.

- Fun little matchup between Northwestern and Illinois last night. Hummel on the mic, Illinois student section is always rowdy, Terrance Shannon and Boo Buie showing out, big comeback. Just a solid CBB game all around. #blessed

EJ was a huge disappointment relative to his recruiting ranking. He also had embraced a garbage man role next to Nick and was a good defender/rebounder. Both can be true.

And that team was a top 4 or 5 team heading into March. Come on.

Of all the elite expectations of recruits… just wanted a little more out of “The Dragon”. I’d also say Wenyen deserved that moniker more. A lot more.

Anyone here have any good/bad experiences with Turo? Curious as to what the catch is, if any, as the prices & selection of extra gumby vehicles are excellent compared to a standard rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT