ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colonoscopy is a must with any family history. I’ve had 4. Had a monster benign polyp removed on my second one and the doctor didn’t cortorize the site correctly. I subsequently almost bled out at home… until I said this ain’t right and was in hospital for 5 days thereafter.

Also, be sure insurance is clear with doctors office on allowable windows for screening. My doc was like, yep 5 years for your next one… I show up, have it done ($38,000 total) and insurance asked if I had previous one within 8 years…. Was a battle to have them cover.

On way to beach. Gummies. Four Gate packed. Son dropped off at sisters. Chill.

Welcome break from my gym routine. I’ve been fascist about it, but my age is starting to show. Shoulders and elbow tendons are flogged and need some healing time.

* Would love to have a little more space in our house- but its the physical moving of all of our stuff that makes me want to leap into traffic. Even with hiring movers- still having to box things up, organize, etc-.. i Just have nothing for it right now. Moving can eat shit.

* Big week for all of the LIV Tour fans... expecting big things from the Range Goats and the Majesticks this year.

* Party Down, one of the all time great shows, is coming back.

* Fried fish on rye, tartar sauce, greasy fries, try your luck at the cake booth wheel. The Catholics got it right with that.

* $165 quite to replace the drive belt in my push mower... so youtube it is, and I'll figure it out on my own.

Hospital systems (AKA private equity firms run by hedge fund managers) making prices so inflated in concert with approval from insurance companies in order to force everyone to have to enroll and pay said insurance companies then having the insurance companies put “limits” on what they’ll pay for them making the consumer have to argue these make believe prices to not have to pay the hospital systems is PEAK capitalism, and incredibly impressive. Well done, hospitals and insurance companies!

Hospital systems (AKA private equity firms run by hedge fund managers) making prices so inflated in concert with approval from insurance companies in order to force everyone to have to enroll and pay said insurance companies then having the insurance companies put “limits” on what they’ll pay for them making the consumer have to argue these make believe prices to not have to pay the hospital systems is PEAK capitalism, and incredibly impressive. Well done, hospitals and insurance companies!

Hard to tell where the capitalism ends and the cronyism begins in that equation -

Liked your flow too

Wouldn't PEAK capitalism be that a few of us would start a colon cancer screening facility and charge $5K per procedure?

-Hope your doctor didn't write "cortorize" or I can figure out the problem :😉: crazy you were bleeding out at home.

-I'm over everyone being sick, can we get to a stable weather pattern please.

-Gummies at the beach sounds amazing right now.

-I have this stupid KYCONNECT or whatever health insurance because of course KY has to use a different website than everyone else, because why...? But I keep my Florida Blue because it's a cool $18.27 or close for better insurance than I have in KY, so if anything procedures need to be done I'll just take a vacation. Plus, it gives me free gym access to over 10,000 gyms across the country even though 9,922 of them are Planet Fitness.

After my bunion surgery from cross dressing and wearing heels too often my Florida Blue deductible was maxed so I went on to get every test known to man and racked up $172,000+ in claims, because f**k 'em might as well.

Wouldn't PEAK capitalism be that a few of us would start a colon cancer screening facility and charge $5K per procedure?
I am not sure it applies here but KY has this silly Certificate of Need law. Hinders competition for hospitals. In the past, they were able to block competing outpatient facilities.

With your expert, personal experience of the asshole there may be a chance.

Just got off beach. Marvelous. 58° cloudless. Gummy put a glowing sheen on a lone surfer putzing around atop a 2’ face.

Now, sitting on a giant leather coach at a local winery chugging low-tier terroir New Jersey Cabernet. Terrible yet magnificent.

Lobster Roll and clams on the half shell lunch on point.

Awaiting our suite to be opened.

Oats response is pretty hilarious (troubling). "Wrong place, wrong time" lmao.

He's gonna get (and already is) crushed over that nonsense. I mean, they've known this was going to come out for a few months now - hard to believe they didn't have a very carefully crafted & prepared statement for Coach. Jesus.

Last edited:
The slick haired Italian from New England with a thick accent wasn't popular at all when he was hired either. Lute Olsen was number 1 the NBA coach who escapes my mind that was once choked by Sprewell was up there. Believe pitino was 4 or 5 on that list then too.

So honestly no one really knows. I would bet 5 horse farms there is a long lists that would leave their wife and kids if need be if offered. Just don't know I want mitch making this hire. I hope this season ends on some semblance of positivity. I hope next yr gives us some excitement again. And I hope cal rides off to retirement.

Just being positive. And I hope the right collection of minds come together to hire the next leader for the next generation. Should be taking very seriously with the right collection of adults coming together. We will see

-Probably go ahead and take Nate Oats off the list, unfortunately. He's gonna really regret that quote. An innocent mother was murdered.

-Cawood has been into the high proof bourbon. Nothing gives me confidence this team can win 4 in row.

-Kind of odd we have UT's number this season.

-Good for Livingston. Slowly approaching the corner. Unlike the other athletes in his mold, kid never had bad body language, and has tried to contribute with hustle plays. He's just been way lost and out of position.

-Brisket turned out solid. Everyone seemed to love it. Sous vide 36 hours in a cooler, 7 hours on ice, 3 hours on the smoker. If you get that product every time, I can't imagine chancing it any other way.

-Congrats, WCC. You just have to lean into it. You're an old dad so you got all your play time out of the way when you were a young dumbass. Now you're a Dad, enjoy it, even if it means buying a cookie cutter in the burbs and leaving the house you all love so much.

IMO, put that sucker up for rent and move back, with it paid off by someone else, when the kids head off to college. Rich Dad, Poor Dad.

-Cal is pulling the old, do just enough to get by, rally at the buzzer to get a C+. I know this move. It got me through college. 2 Summer courses and 18 hours each semester 4th year to graduate on time because I f*cked off the first 2 years.

-Forgot about potty training, which is all good because of the end game, but having a 2 year old running wild with no pants and occasionally pissing all over everything on is... shesh.

-2nd Grade BB league is about up. Youngest team in the league, finished with only 2 wins, 2nd coming last game. Headed to the playoffs with some momentum.

-Big Time LL Coach Pitch about to fire back up.

-Cheese and Pep or Pep Sausage. Get bent with all the other BS... besides maybe a Chicken Mariachi.

Last edited:
I don’t understand but isn’t the fact he supplied a gun making him an accomplice?
Listen, I don’t wanna get too far into the weeds here but speaking from a position of legal knowledge, I can tell you that the controlling legal doctrine here is what’s known as “roll tide” which is to say “investigations go differently for star college athletes in college jurisdictions”.

I don’t understand but isn’t the fact he supplied a gun making him an accomplice?
Especially with the "heat's in the hat" and "there's one in the head" comments. He's basically saying it's ready to go whoever you're shooting. If Bama had a brain they'd kick the guy off the team.

Last edited:
It shouldn't have taken it to happen, but that dumbass statement by Oats is likely going to have more of an effect on the team & Miller's CBB future than the actual facts of the case.

Basically just ratcheted up the public pressure & fury by a Billion.
I don't know, this sounds pretty well thought out by the PR team.

Alabama coach Nate Oats said Tuesday that Miller is “not in any trouble” as a result of his alleged involvement.

“We knew about that. Can’t control everything everybody does outside of practice. Nobody knew that was going to happen. College kids are out, Brandon hasn’t been in any type of trouble nor is he in any type of trouble in this case. Wrong spot at the wrong time,” Oats said.

Wait, can college athletes even get in trouble for anything they do OUTSIDE of practice? Has anyone even been in trouble for something OUTSIDE of practice before? I mean what do you expect of these coaches?!

I’m kind of hoping these flashes of actual coaching intellect from Cal blossom into a full blown renaissance of his abilities and Kentucky gets back to beating peoples brains in next year? I mean theoretically we could have a team full of New Jersey athletes that want to actually fight you and could keep a couple sharp shooters in the rotation? Idk? I’m just really optimistic??

Crumbl cookies are the biggest con job since orange leaf. Those things SUCK

My 11yo got to play in what I would consider a legit aau tourney this weekend. Teams from all over the country. We got absolutely destroyed. Was really impressive to see kids that age doing between the leg layups on fast breaks. Think my son is rethinking his college choices now. Might be realizing he’s not D1 after all, at least in hoops. Sobering, but it happens to most of us at some point.

76 degrees the next couple days. Just in time for middle school baseball spring training. If you haven’t donated to our fundraiser yet, please consider doing so. Thanks and go west.

Maybe because Miles, per that report, already copped to being responsible for getting Davis the gun.

That will be a fun day in court I’m sure!

The statement from the local prosecutor “there wasn’t anything he could be charged with” is something.
Ride around with me a while and learn something about the Alabama legal system, Powerrr

c2b2993b-89a0-4114-aa0d-e88a644d667c_text.gif

Last edited:
The slick haired Italian from New England with a thick accent wasn't popular at all when he was hired either. Lute Olsen was number 1 the NBA coach who escapes my mind that was once choked by Sprewell was up there. Believe pitino was 4 or 5 on that list then too.

So honestly no one really knows. I would bet 5 horse farms there is a long lists that would leave their wife and kids if need be if offered. Just don't know I want mitch making this hire. I hope this season ends on some semblance of positivity. I hope next yr gives us some excitement again. And I hope cal rides off to retirement.

Just being positive. And I hope the right collection of minds come together to hire the next leader for the next generation. Should be taking very seriously with the right collection of adults coming together. We will see

What? Pitino wasn’t popular when he was hired? He wasn’t the first choice (CM reached for Pat Riley, was turned down by Lute Olsen so Lute could get a raise from Arizona and then when P.J. Carlesimo turned it down he told CM he needed to focus on and hire Pitino) but he was insanely popular right after he was hired.

From the moment Pitino took the podium at his introductory press conference he took the entire Commonwealth by storm and injected instant energy into the program was really, really down. Dick Vitale was openly telling people it would 7 years for Kentucky to be ranked again.

That press conference was an all timer. He basically told everyone in a fiery tone that they would start winning right away and in a few short years UK would be the “it” program in all of college basketball and Kentucky Basketball tickets would be precious items.

Even as a kid I remember watching it on one of the local tv stations thinking.. “Jesus. This guy’s insane.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT