ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If memory serves, it took about this amount of time into a season for Cal to realize that Quade Green wasn't it and to start playing Quickley more. This isn't apples to apples as Wheeler is a better player and consistently starts than Green ever did, but it also shows a shift in Cal's reliance on "upper" classmen since his early UK days.

Wallace should be in the same mold as Brandon Knight but with a lot less pressure due to his surrounding cast. Besides, it's not like Wheeler becomes a bench rider, you can certainly bring him in to spell Wallace especially if he gets to play with Reeves/Frederick/Livingston/Oscar. You start meshing his play with guys like Toppin/Oscar/Livingston and Reeves and it's no surprise he ends up pounding the rock to death.

I'd like to say we figured this out a bit but I just can't trust Cal quite yet.

Last edited:
If memory serves, it took about this amount of time into a season for Cal to realize that Quade Green wasn't it and to start playing Quickley more. This isn't apples to apples as Wheeler is a better player and consistently starts than Green ever did, but it also shows a shift in Cal's reliance on "upper" classmen since his early UK days.

Wallace should be in the same mold as Brandon Knight but with a lot less pressure due to his surrounding cast. Besides, it's not like Wheeler becomes a bench rider, you can certainly bring him in to spell Wallace especially if he gets to play with Reeves/Frederick/Livingston/Oscar. You start meshing his play with guys like Toppin/Oscar/Livingston and Reeves and it's no surprise he ends up pounding the rock to death.

I'd like to say we figured this out a bit but I just can't trust Cal quite yet.
I'm with you there, but won't be shocked if Wheeler doesn't start Saturday. I really hope his body language isn't the start of a new team turmoil.

I love Saw-veer, and he absolutely has a place on this team, and we certainly need him, but if he even so much as throws an ill intentioned side eye, I'd log into the portal on his behalf and help him start shopping.

This should have been Wallace's team to lead since Day 1. That much is becoming clear with the quickness.

-find an Ethiopian joint for lunch. DC has the largest Ethiopian population outside of Ethiopia. Top 5 "ethnic" food, imo.

More upscale: Ethiopic in the H Street NE corridor

Mid-range: Enjera in Crystal City (Arlington, VA)

Casual: Enat in Alexandria, VA (only had delivery from here but always solid)

There are also a bunch in the Silver Spring, MD area, but I'm not too familiar with the ones up there.

Reactions: rudd1
Yesterday woke up at 4AM to the police letting me know a POS had broke in the store. He ended up with 30k+ inventory in 57 seconds. Pretty strange feeling to watch a guy come and do that to something we’ve built.
That sucks. Wondering if he cased the shop before breaking in since he got so much in value in so little time. Hope any security cameras help track him down.

Blue Door looking to move to a better spot. Anybody have the lowdown on a possible location?

Just remember that Cal is going to somehow spin landing on this lineup as simply the result of finding the 5 "toughest" guys on the team.

Also, he'll explain how he made sure to "block out the noise" in the process of leading the team into a resurgence.

Of course, listening to the "noise" would have avoided this basketball team being on the goddamned tournament bubble in late January.

I believe John Wall, clearly Hansborough already had a perception because Wall was committed to Memphis to Cal and then had to make another decision.

Hansborough was a little bitch no matter how good he was, and his bloody face hyperventilating is all I remember of him.

Look, cal is a doofus and is deserving of some criticism, but he’s not that fat! We gotta stop acting like he’s Rick majerus or something. I bet I have 70lbs on cal, you’re all making me self conscious!!!

Reactions: paintrain_cat
I believe John Wall, clearly Hansborough already had a perception because Wall was committed to Memphis to Cal and then had to make another decision.

Hansborough was a little bitch no matter how good he was, and his bloody face hyperventilating is all I remember of him.

Btw - he wasn’t committed to Memphis under Cal iirc. His only commitment was to the Cats.

Btw - he wasn’t committed to Memphis under Cal iirc. His only commitment was to the Cats.
I mean, ok, but the point is when Cal came here that’s when Wall started looking. He certainly wasn’t considering us until Cal came here.

Last edited:
I assume this was from the postgame show last night....

“The only thing I worried about was defensively, and that means you’re putting a lot of weight on Jacob to rebound. He did it, so you can play with three guards,” Calipari said. “If he doesn’t do it, you’ve got to have Chris in there rebounding. You have to.”

🤣 🤣 🤣

Is this guy F'ing serious?? So, Oscar is like the best rebounder in the history of college basketball or whatever, and Jacob Toppin is an outstanding rebounder as well. How would the "Basketball Benny Lineup" not have enough rebounding?

Not sure how old that kid is, but it's perfectly acceptable for him to flex, pound his chest, drop down and get his eagle on, griddy, supersoak his hoe, moonwalk back to the bench, do the Ickey Shuffle, dab, etc.

Wasn't Tyler Hansbrough's Mom hired as a fundraiser with no qualifications for UNC at around $100k a year and was also stealing from the university for travel to vacation destinations on UNC's dime so she could carry on an affair with a former UNC QB. I seem to remember that was one of the many tentacles of that scandal but it was hard to keep track of all the sleaze. That Tyler is making comments about the "Bank of Calipari"?

Wasn't Tyler Hansbrough's Mom hired as a fundraiser with no qualifications for UNC at around $100k a year and was also stealing from the university for travel to vacation destinations on UNC's dime so she could carry on an affair with a former UNC QB. I seem to remember that was one of the many tentacles of that scandal but it was hard to keep track of all the sleaze. That Tyler is making comments about the "Bank of Calipari"?
Correct. Tyler's mom was a member of the "Ram Club," or more specific in her case, "Rammed Club."

Mizzou at home is a tough game!

Finally getting something out of their addition to our conference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT