ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Brey stepping down.

Damn, talk about a hypothetical HOME RUN staff addition if Bruiser was to (hopefully) get this St Joe job as a birdie told me is at least decently possible.

Have always respected the hell out of that dude, a brilliant offensive X&O guy who consistently overachieved with his marginally talented rosters. Master at creating shots, our biggest weakness annually.

Cal would Never seek such a man obviously, but a wodie can dream.

——-

Ethan hawke is in Louisville filming. Apparently a big breakfast/brunch guy, been spotted at 4 local staples.

<——— 3 sets of tubes. Puppies to your daughter.

Started out with Swim Caps, custom ear plugs, cotton/vas for shower, no under water. All the precautions. I’m sure all that stuff has come along way since then.

Couldn’t go underwater or be super active for several years during a kid’s prime.

Last pair mom said F it and I swam, and dove, and tubed like a wild man. Against all advice. Never had another infection. Ears are fine.

Last edited:
Wallen has some cuts. More than most Uber star new age Nashville dudes for sure.

I’d happily go for free & enjoy. Scenery will be en fuego.

Otoh, I’ll take $250 in my Venmo to go see Chris Knight at The Burl tomorrow night. And I’ll get the bar tab & promise to be open minded.

Any takers?

Assuming the burl is Lexington’s version of Jim Porter, I’d pass, but on Feb 4 Cody Jinks is at Louisville Palace and I’d certainly entertain that.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Wallen has some cuts. More than most Uber star new age Nashville dudes for sure.

I’d happily go for free & enjoy. Scenery will be en fuego.

Otoh, I’ll take $250 in my Venmo to go see Chris Knight at The Burl tomorrow night. And I’ll get the bar tab & promise to be open minded.

Any takers?

Wallen is damn good compared to most Nashville country.

It really all depends where he goes but if I were to handicap it, he’s a backup in the league. I’d take a chance on him late first

Reactions: jayroon
Survived another round of layoffs yesterday. Today was the most bizarre days of work ever, considering my boss and his boss were laid off.

Shockingly with all that going down I missed the double double oaked drop. Would’ve liked to grab a bottle.

Look of you can't enjoy Wallen, you're trying too hard. It ain't Mozart, lighten up.

Been enjoying Daniel Hager on YouTube with absolute gold for Cats videos. Currently enjoying one play from every ranked win since 2000. First five minutes is Tayshaun banger after Tayshaun banger.

Taking this thing one day at a time protecting my Wildcat heart and drinking a lot of Woodford I was gifted for Christmas.

Enjoy

“Sand in My Boots”
“Wasted On You”
“More Than My Hometown”

^All decent. Look, I like a ton of “shitty” country - Chesney, McGraw, etc. so I have a hard time getting snobby over any Nashville country. It’s all relatively cheesy, but there’s a big dip down to the truly awful - FGL, Sam Hunt, etc.

- ^ True dat, Richie.

- So, I obviously don’t Twitter because I’m on Mastodon - what is Vinsel being a twat about? He should be all about this new spacing lineup more than anyone.

- In Burrow I trust. Think the Who Deys pull it out like Herro should have with his Instagram booty model girlfriend. Y’all non-Bengal balls have no idea how inwardly peculiar it is being a confident Bengals fan.

Look of you can't enjoy Wallen, you're trying too hard. It ain't Mozart, lighten up.

Walk down Broadway and there is a Morgan Wallen in every bar. Outside of a handful of truly original artists, the clones Nashville has put out the last 10 yrs or so are horrible. All about timing and marketing.

Luke Combs...no one has outkicked his coverage more than him, so more power to him, I suppose.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
- ^ True dat, Richie.

- So, I obviously don’t Twitter because I’m on Mastodon - what is Vinsel being a twat about? He should be all about this new spacing lineup more than anyone.

- In Burrow I trust. Think the Who Deys pull it out like Herro should have with his Instagram booty model girlfriend. Y’all non-Bengal balls have no idea how inwardly peculiar it is being a confident Bengals fan.
It’s really effing weird. Like my fellow Bengals fans, all of us old heads who have SEEN SOME THINGS with this team, seem quietly confident going on the road against. Hyped up very good Buffalo team without 3/5 of our OL.

I mean- Buffalo’s OL isn’t that great and they give the ball away and their secondary is *ahem* banged up and the Bengals seem to have some playoff bullshit mojo on their side and welp I’m doing it…

*I used to not be a Wallen fan, but the group I hang out with LOVES the guy. He grew on me when I went to Lake Wilson, AL with them over the 4th. Good beer drinking music while floating around.

*My Son received a free ride to Bellarmine so now he wants to go to the American Airlines Academy to be a pilot, of course. The three year course is 100K not including housing. I love him to death, but I hope he doesn't get in until after he graduates. Throwing an 18 year old into a grow-up world makes me nervous as a mofo. I read it's very competitive so I don't see them taking a green HS graduate over someone with a degree and 4 years of maturity.

*Nice Friday night lining up. Seven Spirits to pregame Ruby's tonight for a friends birthday, then an after party, I assume. 8 of us going so it should be a good time. May change up the order and go with a burger. Beans get it all the time and looks solid.

*I'm not a big NFL fan, but even I am pretty excited to see the Bills/Bengals game. Good excuse to drink a few on Sunday.

A two day weekend is laughably short, can’t believe American citizens have accepted this with no push back.

NFL playoffs, from my perspective as a very casual borderline non-NFL fan, are pretty damn fun and amazing. By far the best pro playoffs and very March Madness like in terms of how games finish and possible upsets.

Me and my wife were talking about this the other day, but I couldn’t tell you what 99% of things cost. No clue what my kids pasture raised grass fed milk costs, no clue what my clothes cost, couldn’t tell you what a drink I ordered at the bar costs. I’ve always been this way, even as a dirt poor college student or now as a filthy rich oligarch. Just have never really thought about it. As I get older and hang out with older people now I notice everyone always talks about how much shit costs and complains about it, even when ordering appetizers and such. Very off putting but will admit that I’m very much in the extreme minority.

Waiting to drink coffee one hour after waking up has prevented the 2:30 PM crash. Once again, anth proves correct.

Bernie, I can get that post from other old guys. The divorce is final. Need to start posting your conquests. TIA.

Country music and a mention of Phoenix had me in a Glen Campbell mood. That Jimmy Webb had a great muse for his songs.

Speaking of songwriters, Rod Temperton. For a kid growing up in late 70's and early 80's he wrote the soundtrack.
As part of Heatwave- wrote Boogie Nights and Grooveline
Michael Jackson's Rock with you, Off the Wall and Thriller
George Benson's Gimme the Night
Yacht Rock's Michael McDonald song Sweet Freedom from Running Scared
Legend.

Reactions: funKYcat75
-fair or not all the Nashville Country bros can get pumped together. Plus he's a racist. So pretty easy call to hate on him. Especially at $250/ ticket.

-annual bourbon day in Louisville with a co-worker. Highlights:

*stopped at WR on the way up and grabbed us both a DDO. Beautiful morning to drive out there.
*Lunch at Proof.
*Stayed at The Grady on Main St. 2nd visit. Recommended.
*Premium flight at George's Bar(OF).
*Bartender's Tasting at EW. Picked up a Master's Select, Red Label, and McKenna. Lotta mentions of the Pendennis Club during the tasting.
*O'Shea's for a few pre-dinner cocktails. Shot the shit with the owner and son as they're DeSales/BU guys. That place has changed so much.
*Jack Fry's for dinner. Oysters, meatballs, Lamb Chops. Unreal. What a gem. Probably my overall favorite in the state plus Cincy.
*Back to proof for a night cap, WFP Pick v OFBS Pick. Weller ftw.

Man, I just love my hometown. Enjoy getting rich and sae worked up but Lou is such a great and unique city. Need to get their shit together because Main St is awesome when it's bustling.

-delaying your coffee absolutely works and really isn't that hard. By the time I get showered and wrestle the kid to school it's 45 minutes. I pull into my shop right at an hour. Large glass of water before also helps.

-Apparently we're bringing back Woolly Mammoths next year in large numbers. That's pretty f*cking crazy.

-UK fans are crazy, including all of us, you'd be lying if you're not excited that lineup play Saturday. I certainly am. Just play visually appealing basketball. We're too smart to put up with that shit we saw earlier this season. LFG.

-pretty wild walking around any downtown these days you really can't go more than a block without catching the smell of weed. No one seems to mind. Nashville a few weeks ago, Louisville yesterday. Obviously Vegas and NYC are understandable but even regular cities. Crazy how fast that's changed.

I was in Nashville last week and the weed smell was the thing that stuck out the most to me and it was a huge difference from when I was there less than a year ago.

What is the deal with all of the CBD tents set up now? As far as I could tell weed still isn't legal but you could buy something in gummy, edible, blunt form on every block

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT