ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-35 degrees with a high of 40, cloudy all day. These are the days that I wasn’t looking forward to but haven’t minded the cold honestly. It is time to book a flight south today for February though.

-I just don’t sleep more than 5-6 hours and it does fine for me. Asleep by 9:30 last night and woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 3:30 and started arranging my walk-in closet. Time to go hit legs and call it a week around noon-1.

-West Shore Homes gave me an estimate for a one day shower/tub removal and install of walk in glass and “tile” shower, it’s actually acrylic. 14K…ummm I could do my whole kitchen for that. I guess your paying for the one day install but no thanks.

I have a second bathroom, I can go a week or so without mine and have our family contractor do it for less than half and get actual tile.

-New blinds going up this weekend, sconces outside and grabbing some swatches to pick paint colors. Good thing I have moms and plenty of gal pals to help, who knows what I would’ve come up with left to my own decisions. Looking like a warm gray for kitchen/living room and sand type color for the master so far.

Every weekend for the foreseeable future will be this but I like projects. Would help to have some wine or beer but staying dry this month. Probably a good distraction during bball the next few Saturdays.

-Getting my right shoulder and right pec pieces done when I go south, I know how you all love tattoos.

-Have a great Friday GYERO! 🦍

Reactions: 80 Proof
Club crackers, Alouette Garlic and Herb spread with sliced pepperoni my Sunday go-to.
Old man that I am, I look at the weather daily to project of a possibility of sneaking a round of golf in.
Ohio gambol will help get through dog days of winter.
Gas stoves, plastic straws, seatbelts. We have become a silly society.

Last edited:
Never understood straws period unless it’s a to go cup with a top. Why do you need a straw? Pretty sure people drank for millennia without them just fine. Maybe women and lipstick makes sense but why does a grown man need a device for sucking up liquid? (Insert Rogue is gay joke here).

Bars like them because you drink way faster and that’s why the want you to use one.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
They have their place in society. Ever hear of a milkshake? Don't take that from me.

COVID and germaphobes has led to straws being required for a lot of people at eat-in restaurants where the glass/cup is reused.

Reactions: roguemocha
-If you really called in because we lost to USC, lol, you're a pussy. I told Bean before the game I didn't feel confident. The writing for this shit has been on the wall for 3 months now. When they didn't come out and BLAST MSU after that embarrassment last season, you knew this was f*cked. I wasn't surprised at all Tuesday. Grow up. I was pissed but got up at 5a(on 5 hours sleep) for a leg day workout, got the kid off to school, crushed work, drove in rush hour to coach a baseball preseason practice in Nicholasville, cooked dinner for the family, tucked the boys in, did the dishes and had a cocktail with the neighbor, in bed by 10p. Rinse repeat.
Well good for you, asshole. Where I work, I'm the guy everyone seeks out to talk about sports. Every male and female colleague was going to know what I though about the game and the Cal situation as a whole. On top of that, all the students know I'm a UK fan so they were going to be running their mouths as well. I wanted to delay that shit a day. So I went in yesterday and faced the same shit in a more calm, collected manner. If I went in on Wednesday, I might've snapped on somebody.

If that makes me a pussy, then so be it. At least I didn't let some Lib radio host bitch slap me. Maybe if I was born on 3rd base, this loss would've been a bit more easier to take. Instead, I'm just a regular ol' BJW from down in the boondocks handling this shit the best way I can, while you chill up in the loge with your champagne cocktails.

In other words, go F yourself!

I've never called in because of a loss, but I'm trying to think of a game that even had the potential. I would've had to be old enough to work, so '92 Duke, '95 UNC, "97 Arizona are all out. I would've had to be young enough to make a stupid decision like that, so 2010 WVU, 2011 IU, 2015 Wisconsin are out. The Billy Clyde years resulted in a similar state of apathy to what I'm in now.

Maybe '04 UAB? One of my favorite teams ever. Such a dumb loss. BS charge calls on us, lucky ass backwards hail mary passes by them. That one was infuriating.

Well good for you, asshole. Where I work, I'm the guy everyone seeks out to talk about sports. Every male and female colleague was going to know what I though about the game and the Cal situation as a whole. On top of that, all the students know I'm a UK fan so they were going to be running their mouths as well. I wanted to delay that shit a day. So I went in yesterday and faced the same shit in a more calm, collected manner. If I went in on Wednesday, I might've snapped on somebody.

If that makes me a pussy, then so be it. At least I didn't let some Lib radio host bitch slap me. Maybe if I was born on 3rd base, this loss would've been a bit more easier to take. Instead, I'm just a regular ol' BJW from down in the boondocks handling this shit the best way I can, while you chill up in the loge with your champagne cocktails.

In other words, go F yourself!
We were born 5 miles from each other. I'm just not a little bitch. We've tried to tell you what was happening for months. Your kool-aid drinking ass brought it on yourself, get out of your mom's basement, be a man, and face your problems. What can a UL fan even say?

So can someone in the know, (Brady, etc) give some legitimate NLI numbers for these kids? Ballpark.

Just reading the Rashada thing down at Florida and no matter how insane I know college football is, $13million/4years for the 6th best HS QB seems like made up BS. Wasn't the dog track guy at Auburn paying people like Cam Newton $600k? Til inflation, indeed

Reactions: Col. Angus
The thing I don’t get about a person paying them out of pocket is what if they transfer? Ok contract cancels, but if that FR year they sat the bench the money is a waste.

It wouldn’t take but 1 time being burned like that to see thru this charade of a system.

Now if it was an internship of sorts, I could get that, but the current system is a complete joke as I understand it.

NIL + Transfer Portal expansion at basically the same time frame makes college uncontrollable.

This is like the .com bubble of NIL. People throwing around stupid money because they have no idea what they’re doing and have disposable income to spend like morons. Pretty soon the bubble will burst, there will be time to truly understand these players true worth, offers will be more streamlined and normalized, and NIL will probably have results based stipulations like it should have from the get go. It’s basically like a whole new industry figuring itself out, and I don’t blame the players trying to cash in right now while they can.

I've been wondering how the average employee feels when they see their company just toss hundreds of thousands of dollars at a college athlete because the owner likes the team without any real marketing benefit or service to the company. Particularly if the employee already feels a little underpaid.

I mean it's certainly the owner's prerogative, but yea, I'd be pissed.

And to further prove my point - I went down a rabbit hole of ridiculous.com deals and I don’t think I truly realized that the only reason Mark Cuban is a billionaire is because of morons at yahoo. He acts so smart on shark tank like he’s some sort of visionary but the only reason he’s what he is is because Yahoo spent 5.7 BILLION ON BROADCAST.COM 😂 After it’s purchase the site was basically shut down a year later and all the executives that made the deal were fired. I mean lmao Jesus. They bought geocities 3 years later for 3.6 billion 😂

And to further prove my point - I went down a rabbit hole of ridiculous.com deals and I don’t think I truly realized that the only reason Mark Cuban is a billionaire is because of morons at yahoo. He acts so smart on shark tank like he’s some sort of visionary but the only reason he’s what he is is because Yahoo spent 5.7 BILLION ON BROADCAST.COM 😂 After it’s purchase the site was basically shut down a year later and all the executives that made the deal were fired. I mean lmao Jesus. They bought geocities 3 years later for 3.6 billion 😂
Dan Snyder has a similar story - made his millions off a telemarketing scheme that took advantage of college kids and the less educated in the mid 90's and parlayed that into purchasing the Redskins. Once investors realized his "media" company was built on a house of cards, the stock price crashed and they folded, but not before he gained his own printing press in the form of an NFL franchise.

Dan Snyder has a similar story - made his millions off a telemarketing scheme that took advantage of college kids and the less educated in the mid 90's and parlayed that into purchasing the Redskins. Once investors realized his "media" company was built on a house of cards, the stock price crashed and they folded, but not before he gained his own printing press in the form of an NFL franchise.
That all does seem very fitting for Dan Snyder.

They have their place in society. Ever hear of a milkshake? Don't take that from me.

COVID and germaphobes has led to straws being required for a lot of people at eat-in restaurants where the glass/cup is reused.
I understand about milkshakes but the glasses thing is stupid. You lick and press your lips against spoons and forks that literally 1000s of people have done the same thing with and they go through the same dishwasher.

Told a customer that once when she wanted straw to drink her wine because she didn’t know if they were cleaned wel enough. As she pulled the fork out of her mouth she looked like she would throw up. I felt accomplished.

The thing I don’t get about a person paying them out of pocket is what if they transfer? Ok contract cancels, but if that FR year they sat the bench the money is a waste.

It wouldn’t take but 1 time being burned like that to see thru this charade of a system.

Now if it was an internship of sorts, I could get that, but the current system is a complete joke as I understand it.

NIL + Transfer Portal expansion at basically the same time frame makes college uncontrollable.
Hypothetically, would Texas’ NIL support and pay for Cals bumper crop of recruits? Or if the NIL is so strong with UK, that with a decent replacement coach - could we keep some of these ‘23 guys?

That’s why the “This guy F***s” Russ Hanneman dude in “Silicon Valley” is based on Cuban.

https://silicon-valley.fandom.com/wiki/Russ_Hanneman#:~:text=Russ%20Hanneman%20is%20a%20billionaire,club%20or%20something%20he's%20invented.

I wonder if it’s going to be like that everywhere this year or if it’s just Mormons being weird about anything sexual. She was famous last season and it wasn’t like it was in Utah.

Barnhart on KSR in a few. I’m sure it’s a PR move to address the negativistic going around and he’ll end up just fussing and talking down to then.

Reactions: Col. Angus
No doubt that Barnhart will spend the entire time spinning, deflecting and avoiding giving an answer that resembles substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT