ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vern, alot of us are sports depressed right now. F’n 7-6 with the expectations. Now the basketball team was supposed to be our salvation and it’s even more misery.

He tried to draw up a play three times and couldn’t get it drawn up the way he wanted. He just seems scattered right now. It’s odd.

Hang in there. UK basketball will be back and this will just be a miserable blip on the radar.

From Tucker’s latest mailbag:

“My understanding is that right now, assistant video director Andrew Ortelli and graduate assistant Riley Welch are doing most of the actual scouting work.)”

:angry:
Is that the little floppy haired walk on from a few years ago who looked more like a Disney channel character than ball player?

Reactions: 911guy
Everyone knows I've supported Cal the longest, but this is the lowest I've ever been as a UK fan. I actually took off work yesterday bc I was so enraged by the SC loss. There are a thousand questions I want to ask Cal right now, but if I had one, it would be this:

If you're touting positionless basketball, then what does it matter if Livingston plays the 4?

And I would ask him in the style that Daniel Caffey asks Col. Jessup why was it necessary to transfer Santiago off the base if his orders are always followed.

It's so obvious how our rotations should break down and everyone here and everywhere else knows it.

Oscar at the 5 with Collins, Ware and Ugo backing him up. You play the guy who happens to best fit that particular matchup.

Toppin and Livingston rotating at the "4" spot.

That leaves 3 spots for Wallace, CJ, Reeves, Wheeler and Thiero.

Anything else makes zero sense. Like everyone has said here a thousand times, it's pure stubbornness. Cal would rather prove he can do it "his way" than do what the common fan thinks/knows he should do.

I've defended the man for as long as I could, but this season is simply indefensible. I'm willing to admit I am wrong when that's the case. All of you were right and I was wrong.

We are terrible and it's 100% on Cal.

(Vern paddles off on his tattered raft into the sunset.)
It is now truly time for a change.

Vern, you are all of us right now

The fan-funded NIL concept just won't work here. It won't work.

UK has spent the last 5-8 years telling the average fan that they simply don't matter. They've chosen to base their decision making and invest in the experiences for the people that do matter to them (tv partners, corporate partners, media, donors, coaches, etc) and the average fan simply doesn’t factor into that equation. UK has basically said “You’re not a priority for us but we should be a priority for you”.

Now, those same average fans that have been dismissed for the last decade are being guilted in to giving $300/year MINIMUM (basically, the same amount as a non K-Fund season ticket) to some nebulous "non-profit" designed to funnel money to athletes for fake "NIL" opportunities. It's beyond absurd.

Maybe this concept does work at schools with better relationships with their fanbases but that ain't us. The blaming and guilting of the fans for rightly being unwilling to make a completely irrational financial decision is trash... and the people doing it should be called out.

The fan-funded NIL concept just won't work here. It won't work.

UK has spent the last 5-8 years telling the average fan that they simply don't matter. They've chosen to base their decision making and invest in the experiences for the people that do matter to them (tv partners, corporate partners, media, donors, coaches, etc) and the average fan simply doesn’t factor into that equation. UK has basically said “You’re not a priority for us but we should be a priority for you”.

Now, those same average fans that have been dismissed for the last decade are being guilted in to giving $300/year MINIMUM (basically, the same amount as a non K-Fund season ticket) to some nebulous "non-profit" designed to funnel money to athletes for fake "NIL" opportunities. It's beyond absurd.

Maybe this concept does work at schools with better relationships with their fanbases but that ain't us. The blaming and guilting of the fans for rightly being unwilling to make a completely irrational financial decision is trash... and the people doing it should be called out.
I think that on top of the not so subtle shift to catering to fans who can afford premium tickets (alcohol sales being the most obvious example), scheduling more high profile games at destination venues most fans can’t afford to get to, etc. have added to the disconnect between program and fans. This isn’t a pro sports market. It’s a different fan dynamic and that’s being lost.

We're basically the kids of a married couple who hate each other but can't get divorced because of financial/business reasons.

I understand that Cal is probably angry at Barnhart but that doesn't mean he has to serve us turd sandwiches to get back at him.

Reactions: jayroon
"The classified docs were locked up in the garage with my corvette"

Probably stored next to the Round Up and Armor All.

#buffoon #resignationpending

-Tucker's mailbag was great.

-Mitch, for all he's done, is really looking at a tough spot. Self inflicted too. The heat is going to move to him more and more. With the KSR stuff, alcohol sales, NIL and Cal he's in a bad bad spot. Not to mention the major sports have all had disasterous years. We can't get rid of Cal, he's obviously not leaving, but would Mitch's scalp give the fan base enough flesh? New assistants aren't going to be enough. Probably what it's going to come down to Mitch vs Cal. Can't imagine there's no resolution if we miss the tourney.

-Been working on a project basically nonstop the last 5 days. Bleh.

-If this shit don't make you give a little wonder about who's behind the scenes pull the strings and conspiracies, I don't know what would. Flip/Flop story lines every 30 days. Hard to keep up with which side supports what.

-Prime filet and lobster tails for WS's bday. I'm a top notch husband.

-If you really called in because we lost to USC, lol, you're a pussy. I told Bean before the game I didn't feel confident. The writing for this shit has been on the wall for 3 months now. When they didn't come out and BLAST MSU after that embarrassment last season, you knew this was f*cked. I wasn't surprised at all Tuesday. Grow up. I was pissed but got up at 5a(on 5 hours sleep) for a leg day workout, got the kid off to school, crushed work, drove in rush hour to coach a baseball preseason practice in Nicholasville, cooked dinner for the family, tucked the boys in, did the dishes and had a cocktail with the neighbor, in bed by 10p. Rinse repeat.

In unrelated misery, Derek Carr said his goodbye to Raiders fans today. If his backup going for 34 points and losing to SF isn't proof that the defense (and head coach) are the issue, I don't know what will. Suffice it to say...

WHO DEY?

Reactions: pretzel__logic
Riley Welch was straight up coaching one of the players with a laptop in front of them, showing video. I want to say it was Oscar, but I can't remember exactly who.
It was Oscar against BAMA. He had already been pulled because of his weak PnR defense. Then reinserted to give Collins a break and on his first play got dunked on again.

I assume he was being shown where to be and not to let the screener get below him to the rim, but he just can’t help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT