ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s Cal. Mitch chastises and scolds.
Or in this case, says absolutely nothing. I truly enjoyed his rambling diatribe about how the NCAA might not let there be volunteer assistant coaches any more in response to the question of whether he denied Calipari's request to hire more staff. That really made me feel better.

Reactions: 80 Proof
My thoughts are…

Mitch can/will agree to practice facility but must work through the process.

Mitch thinks it laughable cal needs more support staff.

Mitch hates all this airing in public but may be recognizing it’s partially his fault.

Mitch and cal don’t like each other as humans.

Reactions: Col. Angus
If I was Tennessee I would just retire Chris loftons jersey annually before each Kentucky game. Matter of fact I’m pretty sure they have retired it like 4 or 5 times already??

I have no use for the type of snow. This is basically just bigger rain drops. Need some accumulation. Yes I enjoy a nice winters snowfall on occasion big whoop wanna fight about it??

IG absolutely nails the “suggested for you” pages. Way better than Facebook, imo. Reels are way better as well. It’s probably bc IG is basically just pictures and videos. No waterheads writing opinion pieces. Just show some t&a, some lifted denalis and a few baseball clips and I’m good 👍

Welp, the high school got a dose of me they probably didn’t expect. We received a letter from the board of education about a final warning before I’m charged with neglect(actually my wife but I’ll fight the fight here). She has 16 tardies, 11 of which are within 3 minutes of the bell at 7:20am, and 2 absences.

The charge is Truancy, but we’ll be evaluated for neglect too.

So I left work, grabbed the letter, and headed straight to the HS. My neighbor who is a counselor there comes from the back and explains how he discussed it with her previously in case I didn’t know…….which I did, but thanks for coming over to my house to drink my bourbon and not to discuss my nieces attendance issues, really appreciate ya……….that’s when he walked away.

Then they send the VP who was my wife’s teacher when she went there. Cool. I explain the mess this poor girl is involved in, and how her brother brings her to school and doesn’t have a single tardy so maybe we’re playing favorites for football players?!?

He assures that isn’t the case. Ok fine. Well the bus isn’t an option as it is cancelled almost daily and when it runs, even though I’m in a subdivision, her stop is 3/4 mile away and comes with a 30 minute window of pickup. That isn’t an option for a 16YO little girl in Bullitt County.

Now, Mr VP can we look at her grade in that class? Oh, it’s a 97% A. And there is no clear solution other than telling my nephew to leave earlier, which they do leave 25 minutes before the bell and we live 10 minutes from the school, and I’m just supposed to be calm about a final warning before I’m charged?

Half the school teachers/counselors personally know us, the AD asks for money to fund projects, and you want to charge me with neglect for a student with straight f’ing A’s because she is 1-3 minutes late once or twice a week?

A Pink Floyd song comes to mind!!!!

Anyone care to elaborate on the liberal bitchslap heard round the world for us long time lurkers? Is that why he brings Anth up from time to time on the radio, because he feels bad?

Wish Jones would slap Krazy, that’d be something.

Anyone care to elaborate on the liberal bitchslap heard round the world for us long time lurkers? Is that why he brings Anth up from time to time on the radio, because he feels bad?

We aren’t the same people we were FIFTEEN+ years ago. I walked around with a “We Believe” banner.

• Haha
Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
- Daughter’s belated welcome to the Catholic church will have to wait. Godmother has COVID. Close the schools again.

- Trips booked this spring to LA to see friends and Chicago to get shot. Can’t wait. Never been to Los Angeles and never really been out in Chicago. Wish there was someone in here that had the scoop on various metropolitan streetfood scenes …

- Love when people acted shocked that people act like people. Yeah of course everyone feels awful about Hamlin, rallied behind him and saw it as bigger than football. Duh. Stop patting ourselves on the back for basic common decency.

- Perhaps my least favorite part of social media is the urge society has to acknowledge and admonish lunatics. Look there are a small percentage of morons and shitty people in the world. Always have been. Always will be. Just ignore them. We don’t have to act like there’s a sizable portion of people who truly believe Tee Higgins was at fault for making a football play that resulted in a guy getting hurt. No reasonable mind would feel that way. Defending him is unnecessary.

- Really would have liked to see Wenyen Gabriel for another season in blue and white.

- Mad Tree Thundersnow is a damn fine winter brew.

- rudd’s self-righteousness knows no bounds.

- EARN me back, Cal. Give me a good starting lineup and I’ll consider it.

- F Chris Lofton.

- “Tennessee Orange” is

a) a pretty good and creative country music song

b) sung by an absolute baddie

c) Perfect example why I can’t respect female sports fans

Don’t @ me. Don’t cancel me.

Why would Matt Jones have to do what you aren’t man enough to do?

Gameday visited Lexington 15 years ago for UK-Florida, a week after we knocked off #1 LSU. In the midst of the festivities in front of WT Young, Anth goes up to take a selfie with Matt. Matt takes offense, thinks he’s being mocked due to a mostly contentious relationship with GYERO back then, and slaps Anth. Showing remarkable restraint, Anth - a former brawler - walked away like the bigger man.

The game was a bit of a snooze, we all got loaded and ate some pizza rolls, and the Cats faded down the stretch that year.

Gameday visited Lexington 15 years ago for UK-Florida, a week after we knocked off #1 LSU. In the midst of the festivities in front of WT Young, Anth goes up to take a selfie with Matt. Matt takes offense, thinks he’s being mocked due to a mostly contentious relationship with GYERO back then, and slaps Anth. Showing remarkable restraint, Anth - a former brawler - walked away like the bigger man.

The game was a bit of a snooze, we all got loaded and ate some pizza rolls, and the Cats faded down the stretch that year.
I could go for some pizza rolls right now

Amazingly, pizza rolls aren't hitting for me these days. Kinda sad. Think I just finally burned out...

I need to be super drunk/high, which i still manage to be often enough...but I rarely get actual cravings for them.

Will always indulge when someone has, but haven't bought myself in a really long time....except for Toby's lake extravaganza, which nobody touched. Not the worst thing in the world, as we had a LONG & consistent relationship.

Have legit had a bag in my freezer for months, and never even considered them -- which is really strange if you know anything about me.😢

Last edited:
Welp, the high school got a dose of me they probably didn’t expect. We received a letter from the board of education about a final warning before I’m charged with neglect(actually my wife but I’ll fight the fight here). She has 16 tardies, 11 of which are within 3 minutes of the bell at 7:20am, and 2 absences.

The charge is Truancy, but we’ll be evaluated for neglect too.

So I left work, grabbed the letter, and headed straight to the HS. My neighbor who is a counselor there comes from the back and explains how he discussed it with her previously in case I didn’t know…….which I did, but thanks for coming over to my house to drink my bourbon and not to discuss my nieces attendance issues, really appreciate ya……….that’s when he walked away.

Then they send the VP who was my wife’s teacher when she went there. Cool. I explain the mess this poor girl is involved in, and how her brother brings her to school and doesn’t have a single tardy so maybe we’re playing favorites for football players?!?

He assures that isn’t the case. Ok fine. Well the bus isn’t an option as it is cancelled almost daily and when it runs, even though I’m in a subdivision, her stop is 3/4 mile away and comes with a 30 minute window of pickup. That isn’t an option for a 16YO little girl in Bullitt County.

Now, Mr VP can we look at her grade in that class? Oh, it’s a 97% A. And there is no clear solution other than telling my nephew to leave earlier, which they do leave 25 minutes before the bell and we live 10 minutes from the school, and I’m just supposed to be calm about a final warning before I’m charged?

Half the school teachers/counselors personally know us, the AD asks for money to fund projects, and you want to charge me with neglect for a student with straight f’ing A’s because she is 1-3 minutes late once or twice a week?

A Pink Floyd song comes to mind!!!!
FINAL WARNING always gets a chuckle, no matter the context.

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
Gameday visited Lexington 15 years ago for UK-Florida, a week after we knocked off #1 LSU.
That was 15 years ago??? Time does fly.

Social media, I think there was a stat that a very small percentage of people drive 90% of the content consumed. It's not real life.

20 year old. Meh, gimme the 35 year old who has shed the baby fat and has developed some sharp features and looks great in a cocktail dress.

Social media, I think there was a stat that a very small percentage of people drive 90% of the content consumed. It's not real life.

It actually is real life. For example 90% of real estate is sold by the top 10% of real estate agents. There are countless examples. We live in a world of monopolies, as that’s basically the end goal of capitalism the way we practice it, without people really realizing.

I just ate a volcano lava/Sarasota sushi roll, drank 2 tall boy Sapporo’s, and my muffin is full blast right now.

Mother in law is in toen

Free saturdey night !

It actually is real life. For example 90% of real estate is sold by the top 10% of real estate agents. There are countless examples. We live in a world of monopolies, as that’s basically the end goal of capitalism the way we practice it, without people really realizing.

This phenomenon is known as the Pareto Distribution.

/noJordanPeterson

Reactions: Ron Mehico
My son just sent me a pic of his spot in Rupp, posted up with a fraternity crew to see a gymnastics event. Turns out this young gal is from a town 3 miles away from us in NJ.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
pizza rolls

Will always indulge when someone has, but haven't bought myself in a really long time....except for Toby's lake extravaganza, which nobody touched.
Had no idea we had.

Praline brittle and crock pot candy, ftw.

Perfectly cooked steak via anth and 80s poh-tay-toes? Man.

the lord of the rings sam GIF

- My dad was the county schools truant officer for 30+ years. Took many dead beat parents to court but don't ever recall that happening for tardies. That seems like something that could be handled in school(detention) as opposed to taking it nuclear. I doubt he'd last long with todays rules and kids.

- Something like 75% of young kids in some survey recently thought they were going to be social media influencers.

- Did cutitloose put his MIL in the oven?

- 7v7 tomorrow at 11. Good excuse to miss the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT