ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the michaeluk26 who just got out of jail for assault on police, EMS, and firepersons the same dude who had the purple UK Rocks jersey back in the day?
Either that guy has had an extremely tough life or he's using The Paddock as his creative writing outlet. He's got some crazy stories.

- Veronica - Elvis Costello
Darlene - Led Zeppelin
Ballad of Jayne - LA Guns
Lenny - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Bobby Jean - Bruce Springsteen
Think of Laura - Christopher Cross
Lay Down Sally - Eric Clapton
The Night Belongs To Mona - Donald Fagen
Bobbie Sue - Oak Ridge Boys
You Can't Have Your Kate and Edith Too - Statler Brothers
Bed of Rose's - Statler Brothers

- Top 5 .38 Special songs
Hold On Loosely​
If I'd Been The One​
Back Where You Belong​
Like No Other Night​
Wild-Eyed Southern Boys​
- BoyTweon doesn't see what the big deal is about Cal and thinks that UK basketball is boring as hell. 😟 Well, he's not wrong. I hate it for him because my time at UK was during Pitino's first seasons and it was so exciting. We had our villains and rivals going strong. Crum, Knight, Richardson, Brown, Sanderson, K, etc. Our games with Arkansas were especially crazy. I remember the Rick Pitino Show on TV every Sunday where he would include a segment illustrating different plays/strategies. What a great time to be at UK. Luckily, BoyTweon has Stoops and football to get excited about. Honestly, KSR has done a lot to get him interested in UK sports.

- $7+ million to Hamlin's charity is a much-needed reminder that most people out there are compassionate and generous people. The cynical, jaded, and hateful among us are in the unfortunately-loud minority.

Much tougher with boy names -
Jack and Diane - John Cougar​
Hey Jude - Beatles​
What's the Frequency, Kenneth - REM​
Tom's Diner - Suzanne Vega​
Paul Revere - Beastie Boys​
Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) - Billy Joel​
Captain Jack - Billy Joel​
Lido Shuffle - Boz Scaggs​
Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield​
Jeremy - Pearl Jam​

Texas...Pitino should get the call. He has 5-7 yrs left.

Rosalita and Sherry Darling...Boss

MOHS done...few stitches and they only had to do one dig. C-free.

The Will Smith / Ben Vereen episode of Fresh Prince is the best acting WS has ever done, especially at the end.

The concert lineup for the year is taking shape...Kenny Wayne Shepherd at the Opera House in a couple of weeks....Boss in Atlanta in Feb....Strait/Stapleton in Nashville in July....artist to be named later for my 60th in Vegas in August.

CMD left off 38 Special's best....Rockin Into the Night

With any luck Pelosi will exit gracefully by falling down the Capitol steps...and Nadler will roll on top of her like a beached whale.

- Veronica - Elvis Costello
Darlene - Led Zeppelin
Ballad of Jayne - LA Guns
Lenny - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Bobby Jean - Bruce Springsteen
Think of Laura - Christopher Cross
Lay Down Sally - Eric Clapton
The Night Belongs To Mona - Donald Fagen
Bobbie Sue - Oak Ridge Boys
You Can't Have Your Kate and Edith Too - Statler Brothers
Bed of Rose's - Statler Brothers

- Top 5 .38 Special songs
Hold On Loosely​
If I'd Been The One​
Back Where You Belong​
Like No Other Night​
Wild-Eyed Southern Boys​
- BoyTweon doesn't see what the big deal is about Cal and thinks that UK basketball is boring as hell. 😟 Well, he's not wrong. I hate it for him because my time at UK was during Pitino's first seasons and it was so exciting. We had our villains and rivals going strong. Crum, Knight, Richardson, Brown, Sanderson, K, etc. Our games with Arkansas were especially crazy. I remember the Rick Pitino Show on TV every Sunday where he would include a segment illustrating different plays/strategies. What a great time to be at UK. Luckily, BoyTweon has Stoops and football to get excited about. Honestly, KSR has done a lot to get him interested in UK sports.

- $7+ million to Hamlin's charity is a much-needed reminder that most people out there are compassionate and generous people. The cynical, jaded, and hateful among us are in the unfortunately-loud minority.
You don't happen to be Charlie that went to Louisville Eastern HS are you?

I'm quite certain that the rest of college basketball views John Calipari's coaching more highly than the typical Kentucky fan does right now, and most of them think we're hayseed, unappreciative lunatics. Kind of like if Jimbo Fisher left Texas A&M for Kentucky, 95% of Aggie fans would be ecstatic, and 95% of Kentucky fans would be, too. The same would be true if Cal left Lexington for Texas. We'd be glad he's gone, and they would think they got the steal of the century.

The big problem is that Cal coaches basketball, though. If he were a football coach, there's 50 schools that are dying to have him. Probably even offer him a raise, too. In college basketball, there's like 5, and they'd all probably still want him to take a paycut.

-Portnoy and Rogan talked about it, but how on earth, in today's nonsense, is Hooters still a thing? They have to be on borrowed time.

-I'm on strict cleanup protocol but some wings and a ice cold domesto sound amazing right now. Much better than the rabbit food I'm eating for lunch. Props to WS for the office air fryer. Much improved over slimy microwave food.

-Speaking of, WCC can't stand the toxic masculinity of a El Pres / Rogan podcast. Two self made multi millionaires. Too much.

- Now that I think about it WCC is a straight bitchboi,. Heck off, wcc.

-Wild that Hoops is still around. That place was a south end mecca for us ruffians back in my HS days.

-Man, when you all get on music posts, this place turns to dogshit. 🤮

-Cal would look good in his clown pant fit suits and burnt orange. Go ahead, chubby. Jump to Austin. We'll be just fine here in the Bluegrass.

-One covid trend that is a positive -> men's travel pants countering women's yoga pants. We've been dressing uncomfortably way too long.

-Been meditating daily over the past 3 months. Highly recommend.

-WCC is just the worst, ya know?

-Hoping Cousins gets one more chance in LA. What a great dude.

-JK WCC, I love you, buddy.

*Piggyback*

I think dressing up is an issue of convenience more than it is comfort (for men at least). I can't stand ironing and starching nice slacks and a dress shirt and then trying to keep it nice and crispy during the drive in to wherever I'm headed. It's much easier to throw on some sweats and a hoodie. Sure, it's comfy. But much more than that, it's easy.

Also, Anth is working overtime to get "heck off" to stick in the Gyero lexicon. Not sue it's working but I can appreciate the 110% effort.

I'll tell you what, Friday's bout the closest thing to a grip of titty during the workweek.

/obvious

If Hooters were smart, they'd just lean into the anti-woke crowd as much as possible. Maybe some F Biden flags, run InfoWars on all the TV's and have Chapelle do a tour throughout their chain. They should hire me to market them, I've got big plans.

Last edited:
Reactions: wcc31
I can’t believe we’re all gonna just sit here and let anth disparage the future of Hooters, evidently also known as The Orange Palace.

Given todays nonsense, how is that place not even bigger??

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
I can’t believe we’re all gonna just sit here and let anth disparage the future of Hooters, evidently also known as The Orange Palace.

Given todays nonsense, how is that place not even bigger??
Meh, what would be the top of the line hoo girls these days have taken themselves to Instagram, Fans Only and other internet options, monetizing their worth in today's market, leaving us with roadkill. Generally, it's not pretty. Throw in Twin Peaks and supply is in short supply.

Tilted Kilt is the worst dining option with titty offerings, imo.

Place near St.Louis called DB’s is on the other end of the spectrum. They have top-notch wings and excellent boobs. Highly recommend

Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
Does Nobody else notice the uncanny resemblance of Dauster to our own Feeder of Geese? Even the expressions.

Love their nightly stuff btw. It’s just a completely fresh & unique style & Setup, and the guests, players, coaches talk like they are out with their buddies, infinitely more candid than typical interview settings.

And they get most of it immediately after games when emotions are still riding.

- I always forget that Donovan Mitchell played for UL.

- Think we're about to pull the plug on Disney+ ourselves. Not for anything related to their agenda, but simply because the kids have outgrown it. The oldest just listens to music and watches old movies, and the youngest is obsessed with "NCIS" for some reason. I completely forget that I even subscribe to it, and I've grown tired of all the new Marvel and "Star Wars" entries. Would rather channel that $$$ to HBO Max or Peacock, channels we'd actually use.

- *Easiest* Christmas ever in terms of gift-giving. The kids wanted experiences much moreso than stuff. They're going to see Taylor Swift with their mom (thankfully I get to miss that one). Youngest is going with her mom to see a touring Broadway production. I'm taking the oldest to Nashville for Billy Joel/Stevie Nicks. Most of the rest of their gifts were subscriptions to various things. Definitely made for a relaxing Christmas Eve.

- Had forgotten to pick up a suit from the dry cleaners until yesterday...a suit they'd had since September. Hope it still fits. Obviously I don't dress up very often.

- Skyy Clark being an issue was the lock of the century. Any kid who commits to a program primarily because of his relationship with Joel Justus doesn't exactly have life figured out.

- Agree on Field of 68. Perfect way to cap a night of college hoops. Just check Twitter to see what they're discussing in real time and join in. I don't hate Goodman the way I used to, Dauster does a good job of running point, and Oglesby provides a nice perspective as a former player. Their NCAA Tournament preview with the Miller brothers last Spring was awesome.

-Portnoy and Rogan talked about it, but how on earth, in today's nonsense, is Hooters still a thing? They have to be on borrowed time.

-I'm on strict cleanup protocol but some wings and a ice cold domesto sound amazing right now. Much better than the rabbit food I'm eating for lunch. Props to WS for the office air fryer. Much improved over slimy microwave food.

-Speaking of, WCC can't stand the toxic masculinity of a El Pres / Rogan podcast. Two self made multi millionaires. Too much.

-Wild that Hoops is still around. That place was a south end mecca for us ruffians back in my HS days.

-Cal would look good in his clown pant fit suits and burnt orange. Go ahead, chubby. Jump to Austin. We'll be just fine here in the Bluegrass.

-One covid trend that is a positive -> men's travel pants countering women's yoga pants. We've been dressing uncomfortably way too long.

RENT FREE.

🤠

-I’ve been in team comfortable clothes while traveling since day 1. Can’t imagine dressing up to get on a tiny seated plane crammed in with everyone else. First thing I want to do getting off a plane or traveling in general is shower. Just feel grimy. What’s the point of dressing up to take it off immediately when you get to your destination unless your on business going straight to work?

-Can’t wait to spend this evening and tomorrow putting together my new bedroom set, shoot me.

-Cut out ESPN+ from my subscription list yesterday. $100/year for a few games? No thanks I’m good.

-Having a dog door and privacy fence backyard for the dog instead of having to come home and walk him in the cold is a game changer.

-Dry January is cliche but a great idea. Have a few friends doing it with me and waking up at 4:30-4:45 with no problem is amazing. Just wild how booze affects your everything and it seems the only way you really know is by stopping for a few weeks.

Haven’t drank a lot at once in a while but having a few glasses of wine or beers at night versus zero is incredible.

The greenery still flows like the salmon of Capistrano though of course.

Speaking of, pretty interesting being able to smoke a joint on the couch while Pops sits in the recliner across the room without even noticing.

Reactions: 80 Proof

Serious question regarding mediation- how did you get started? Do you use an app? How long do you go?

Serious question regarding mediation- how did you get started? Do you use an app? How long do you go?
YouTube ones are free. Most apps make you pay from what I’ve seen. I enjoy it when I actually do it but yoga is that for me as well, REALLY need to get back into hot yoga.

Any hot yoga recs?

Reactions: wcc31
Does Nobody else notice the uncanny resemblance of Dauster to our own Feeder of Geese? Even the expressions.

Love their nightly stuff btw. It’s just a completely fresh & unique style & Setup, and the guests, players, coaches talk like they are out with their buddies, infinitely more candid than typical interview settings.

And they get most of it immediately after games when emotions are still riding.

I love the Fof68. Was never better than last year when they occasionally had the utterly likable Miller brothers on.

That said, for my $$$, the best college basketball podcast is Goodman and Robbie Hummel.

Declutter Your Mind on YouTube. 10-15 minutes. Mostly right before bed but sometimes if I'm having a rough day at work I'll shut the door and do a short one. Try to only read after, and avoid my phone, but that proves difficult. It's actually pretty challenging to keep your mind from wandering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT