ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The frustrating part is when you have a good shooter (> 38% 3pt), you have to let them play through it. They aren’t gonna shoot 38% all the time. They will have periods of lower than that but they will have periods they are well above that. Seems like cal pulls em once they go cold and doesn’t understand they may have a stretch where they shoot 60%.

The frustrating part is when you have a good shooter (> 38% 3pt), you have to let them play through it. They aren’t gonna shoot 38% all the time. They will have periods of lower than that but they will have periods they are well above that. Seems like cal pulls em once they go cold and doesn’t understand they may have a stretch where they shoot 60%.
...and they almost always can't play D or rebound.

Andrew Harrison has to be a historically bad shooter for a guard.

Freshman: 36.7%
Sophomore: 37.8%
NBA career: 37.3%

He got to the free thrown line a ton, but for a guy with a decent looking jumper, his inability to put the ball in the basket at a bigger clip really hurt us imho.

Shootout to Saul Smith, Rashaad Carruth, Adam Williams, Michael Porter, & Kevin Galloway.

We have a dude that can't create his own shot, can't shoot off the dribble, can't hit FTs, is very short and can only go left trying to get desperation shots at the end of the clock. Of course he's going to look bad. Not dissimilar from Harrison being slow and a poor shooter. At least he could get to the line and knock them down.

We need to live and die with Wallace in crunch.

This team is screaming for a Hunter McClintock type of player to have the ball in his hands at the end of a game.

wsjsskhiupq4aqay5oag

I think an important thing to note about Cal is that it has been a very long time since he's had to manage rosters comprised of guys who are not mostly freak athletes and able to overmatch most of their opponents.

At least, not successfully so.

People mistakenly believe that Cal crushed it for his entire 9 seasons at Memphis. Not true. His 1st 5 seasons at Memphis were pretty mediocre with a 68% win % and he only made 2 NCAA tournaments (7 seed in both).

2000-01 : 21-15
2001-02 : 27-9
2002-03 : 23-7
2003-04 : 22-8
2004-05 : 22-16

Then came the 19 year age limit for the draft. Cal was able to collect elite talent and his success exploded. The next 4 seasons saw a 91% win % and either a 1 or 2 seed in each tournament.

2005-06 : 33-4
2006-07 : 33-4
2007-08 : 38-2
2008-09 : 33-4

When you add in his incredible success at UK building rosters with elite NBA ready talent up until a few years ago, it's been a long time since Cal has not had the upper hand simply based on raw talent. He continues to lean on his historic approach to running the team in terms of system, but his roster make up seems inconsistent with his history back to 2005.

ATTN: LOOKING FOR ALOOF SHARPSHOOTERS

If you’re a good outside shooter too weird to be affected by our loud coach and too detached to let our complete lack of simple basketball sets hurt your game, the University of Kentucky is the school for you! Give no F’s? Come to our school.

Notable F’d Up Success Stories Include:

Doron Lamb
James Young
Aaron Harrison
Malik Monk

Hamlin waking up and writing a note asking who won is the coolest, most miraculous shit I can remember in a long time. And his fundraiser is up to $7 mil? Unbelievable.
That dude is waking up to an entire new life. He's easily the most popular person in the country right now and by all accounts seems like a great person. Assuming he recover, and is mentally capable, what a story this will be.

I will take Andrew Harrison on this team, last year’s team, the team before that and pretty much any team back to the Fox team (PG Quickley though I liked when Cal did it)

Cal played Andrew clutch minutes all the way to a championship game in 14 and undefeated to the Final Four. Could have have theoretically then set him the last 4 minutes of the Final 4 in 15 and played Ulis…yeah I guess. But if we lost, it would be the most scrutinized decision ever. I don’t think I could or would have done it

You know what I loved about Andrew, he could take it to the rim, get contact, make free throws and played tough all the time. I wish we had more of that now

And I wish we had the 2015 Cal too

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT