ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will take Andrew Harrison on this team, last year’s team, the team before that and pretty much any team back to the Fox team (PG Quickley though I liked when Cal did it)

Cal played Andrew clutch minutes all the way to a championship game in 14 and undefeated to the Final Four. Could have have theoretically then set him the last 4 minutes of the Final 4 in 15 and played Ulis…yeah I guess. But if we lost, it would be the most scrutinized decision ever. I don’t think I could or would have done it

You know what I loved about Andrew, he could take it to the rim, get contact, make free throws and played tough all the time. I wish we had more of that now

And I wish we had the 2015 Cal too
I’ll add to this concerning Andrew. He didn’t crumble in crunch time, was a solid game manager, and didn’t attempt to play beyond his ability. Plus size doesn’t get tired. He was a big boy on the perimeter. The Harrison twins were not slight of build by any means. Those two were like boxers giving body shots over the course of a game. It wears down opponents.

** BREAKING NEWS **

Wildcat friends and fellow members of the Big Blue Nation. It appears we are mired in a complete stalemate. We are at an impasse. I believe with all my heart there is no path forward at the University of Kentucky for coach John Calipari.

To remain the head coach at our prestigious University, the distinguished gentleman from Moon Township must receive greater than 50% support from his colleagues in GYERO. That means he needs 218 affirmative votes, and can lose the support of no less than 4 of his prominent Cal Licker group.

After many discussions and backroom dealings, we still have at least 6 members of the Never Cal faction, and as many as 15 currently residing in the Bitch Bus Caucus. In the latest round of voting, provocateur and proud contrarian UKO pledged his support to Billy Gillispie, although that appears to be heading nowhere.

We will hereby adjourn this discussion for the evening, although similar results are expected tomorrow. With a handful of key GYERO members out of town for the weekend, it appears that we will spend the next few days in negotiation, and will pick this back up on Monday, with the hopes of selecting a new favorite man to lead this proud University.

God bless the Cats, and God bless the Big Big Mist.

FlwUx_nXkAAyJ4w

Reactions: jcrow10
Thursday Night Randoms:

* Do people make buckeyes (chocolate-covered peanut butter ball) outside of the last Thursday of November to the end of December? Not sure I've ever had one in June.
But to me, the best holiday sweet.

NOTE: Matt will accept after the holidays.

* The ending to Rosemary's Baby is still one of my favorite/OMG endings of any horror movie. Don't spoil it and YouTube it, watch the whole thing. It's a masterpiece.

* Pretty sure most of my teenage diet consisted of a bologna sandwich--that had Grippo's BBQ chips smashed in between bread and meat--and Andy Capp Hot Fries; with an over-sized Little Debbie Fudge Round. Mountain Dew to wash it down.

Might have overdone it on the chip part of that meal.

* If you're asking to borrow a screwdriver and they ask, "what kind do you need," you're going "Phillips" over "straight head" 99 times out of 100, right?

* Three months to Keeenland and we might have one of the most epic crews of all-time lined up.

* Has anyone seen or used a payphone in the last 10 years?

* Thursday Night Music, version: Best song with a girl's name in the title
Steely Dan - "Peg"
Fleetwood Mac - "Rhiannon"
Kenny Rogers - "Lucille"
Toto - "Rosanna"
Rod Stewart - "Maggie Mae"
Allman Brothers - "Jessica"
Duran Duran - "Rio"
The Beach Boys - "Barbara Ann"
The Oak Ridge Boys - "Elvira"

Cathy's Clown - Everly Brothers
Brenda's Got a Baby - 2Pac
Walk Away Renee - Left Bank
Renee - Lost Boyz
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - The Beatles
Michelle - The Beatles
Dear Prudence - The Beatles
Caroline, No - The Beach Boys
Carrie Ann - The Hollies
Holly Holy - Neil Diamond
Iesha - ABC
Dawn, Go Away - The 4 Seasons
Elenore - The Turtles
Judy in Disguise (With Glasses) -
John Fred and The Playboys
Suzie Q - CCR
Cecilia - Simon and Garfunkel
Sheila - Tommy Roe
Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett
Peggy Sue - Buddy Holly and the Crickets
My Cherie Amour - Stevie Wonder
Sara Smile - Hall and Oates
Sarah - Jefferson Starship
Hello Mary Lou - Ricky Nelson
Along Comes Mary - The Association
Just Like Romeo and Juliet - The Reflections
Runaround Sue - Dion
Oh Donna - Ritchie Valens
Roni - Bobby Brown, of course

Last edited:
One more before I hit the sack. Who could ever forget the classic:

Finger Fvckin Sally by David Allan Coe

Is the michaeluk26 who just got out of jail for assault on police, EMS, and firepersons the same dude who had the purple UK Rocks jersey back in the day?

• Haha
Reactions: barbourfor3
What does Mitch say if cal calls him and says, “I’d like to discuss a new contract or I’m gonna entertain the Texas job?”

I could see Cal being naive enough to actually do it.

I’m not a bengals fan.

This is f’ng bizarre. So if the bengals and bills play in the AFCCG, it’s neutral…. But not if it’s a divisional game?
Neutral site games only involve Kansas City. If Cincinnati and Buffalo play they'll use the regular method of determining home field since they played the same amount of games.

Neutral site games only involve Kansas City. If Cincinnati and Buffalo play they'll use the regular method of determining home field since they played the same amount of games.
Ah, I misread the “Buffalo or Cincinnati” as a Buffalo VS Cincinnati

Still sucks for the bengals since they could’ve hosted a game with a W, but less than I thought.

The most famous and controversial game in MLB history occurred in 1908. The argument over the outcome centered around a Pittsburgh Pirate failing to touch base on a walk-off hit, and thus being called out by Chicago Cub second baseman Johnny Evers.

The game, named in honor of the Pirate rookie Fred Merkle who engaged in the baserunning misdeed, would become known as "The Merkle Boner."

link: click here to read about the Boner

The National League decided to replay the game in a winner-take-all fashion. So, what I'm saying is that, like the famous Boner, there is some precedent here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT