ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheeler is 42% from 3 if you're scoring at home, and actually playing really good basketball.

11 points
9 assists
6 rebounds
2 turnovers

He's the 3rd best player on our team....by a MILE. You can lament that fact all you want, and I understand that he has his spaz moments and limitations, but it's absolutely a fact.

3:1 assist to turnover ratio is ELITE, especially with that level of usage (5th in the nation is assists).

Having him as our handler late, especially w/ regards to FT is obviously not ideal. Then again, Wallace is shooting 57%. Not really sure there is a solution for that issue -- Props to Toppin for stepping up, and to Cal for going w/ the hot hand and confidence builder.
The man knows basketball deeply. You all need to listen up.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Last week I thought about the Wodie Crew Christmas Xtravs that took place back in the heyday.

The last one we had at PTI’s old house in St Matthews was off the trellis. Total and absolute shameless gag gifts that probably made those that didn’t really know us uncomfortable , Rob 73 pulling up and parking his Tahoe right in the middle of PTI’s yard only to get out, walk inside and call PTI a cheapass for ordering Lil Caesar’s and not providing any booze so on and so forth. Good gracious.

Hold on now. I was obviously kidding with the yell stuff, but you absolutely tailed lil
Bro with secondary Aggie interest for a few years.

Not too unlike SAE’s (ongoing?) romance with his side piece SCjr 😑

I mean, it’s fine. I had an FSU Starter jacket…when I was 12.

And no Shit, Vern. Endangered species.

The first question out of the gate on Jeopardy today got a laugh. The answer is Kroger but true to form the player said Krogers. Was a category about big business mergers.

My cousin's kid is at A&M. Loves it. I don't understand it but their tentacles are all over Texas. You graduate from there and you can pretty much count on a good job with their network.

Lloyd the jeopardy player that said krogers(plural) instead of Kroger, business mergers for $500?

- Speaking of business, anyone know anything about an Alcohol Tax Bond? Yea me either, apparently “I” should though.

Another consultant suggestion I’ll roll with but in the back of my mind question until it comes back up as meaningful.

We’ll see

- I actually enjoyed the game last night. I guess I’d like to see Reeves more but we have enough defensive issues to add a player that simply can’t stay in front of anyone.

IIRC, we beat BAMA last year without Wheeler in a 2 game stretch where out of the blue we scored 80-90 in back to back games before injuries set in.

In a case of WTF’s, I think we win this game Saturday too.

- The Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps are the best chips on the market for me at the moment. I'll take Honey Mustard over Buffalo Wing.

- Wednesday Ones I'm Listening To:

* .38 Special - "Second Chance"
* Simply Red - "I'll Keep You Holding On"
* Foreigner - "Waiting for a Girl Like You"
* The Eagles - "I Can't Tell You Why"
* John Mellencamp - "Ain't Even Done With the Night"

- You'll never change my mind that President John Kennedy wasn't shot from the Grassy Knoll rather than the 6th floor of the Texas Schoolbook Depository. Never, ever. Back-and-to-the-left.

- I've said it before and I'll say it again, nothing like pulling freshly cleaned bedding from the dryer.

- Say what you want to me, but I'm going to put My Girl (1991) as one of the saddest movies ever. 15-year-old Matt might have been a lot of real dusty rooms when he watched that...a million times.

- It's amazing the outpour of love not only the City of Cincinnati, the NFL, but everyone that has showed for Damar Hamlin, his family and friends, the City of Buffalo, and his charity for toy fundraiser.

Great man had $2500 Monday afternoon for kids, now he has almost $7mil.

From friends in the know (BIG TIME YOUTH SOCCER FAMS), Ol' Berhalter's roster composition and substitution patterns were baffling and likely hurt our chances. That being said...why the hell do you think bringing up something from 30 years ago that was acknowledged mutually (they have 4 kids) is the right course to fix those issues?

Clearly UK should just pay him 9 million a year, problem solved.

From friends in the know (BIG TIME YOUTH SOCCER FAMS), Ol' Berhalter's roster composition and substitution patterns were baffling and likely hurt our chances. That being said...why the hell do you think bringing up something from 30 years ago that was acknowledged mutually (they have 4 kids) is the right course to fix those issues?

Clearly UK should just pay him 9 million a year, problem solved.

These aren’t just random wackos- they’re lifelong friends. Dude was best man in his wedding. Appear to be some of the worst people of all-time. I don’t give a shit what kind of coach he is.

If only that could be captioned with the famous Cal quote “we can’t hide you here” or whatever BS he spewed!

He hid that pretty damn well, IMO.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Not sure if you guys remember the 2015 team that started 38-0 before losing to Wisconsin but we could have played this lineup:

Harrison/Ulis
Harrison
Booker
Towns
WCS/Lyles

Instead we started 3 centers.
He also forced KAT to play back to the basket... KAT is a career 39% from NBA 3pt line.

The lineup shit started with the 2013 team. It's why we lost Wiltjer. He doesn't value shooters. Never has. Look what he's doing with Reeves and Fredrick. Same shit, new year.

Cal should’ve left to coach Cleveland after the 2014 season. Then he would be remembered as one of the greatest coaches of all time and everyone would want to fellate him like all the guys that grew up in the 90s wanting to do with Pitino. The longer he’s here the more and more negative his entire tenure keeps being remembered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT