ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fancy Pants WCC used to have a legit MELTDOWN at a $20 'special occasion' cover. Lmao

Still would. I didn’t come from hard-partying Poultry royalty, glow stick, club kid Delt culture with bars looking like GD spaceships.

I’m from hardscrabble Southern Campbell County. I like my bars simple, with a jukebox and cover free with the option to buy some Combos or maybe a pack of Donruss. I like my beer domestic and lite, my whisky neat and from Kentucky, and my women short, stacked and classy in case you’ve forgotten.

I mean, sure. Nobody prefers a cover. But once a year, on a trip w/ crew, if you were trying to get in somewhere cool as a group, or see live music, that was just part of the deal. How do you think they pay the band or DJ Wiki Wiki?

Chad used to spit in the bucket in Nashville honky tonks when passed around, iirc.

Just confirms once again you didn't go to UK, b/c it was Cover Charge Jamison basically everywhere, all the time.

I need a recap of the infamous VIP or NO VIP NYE involving the Wodie Crew, bottle service, some velvet rope blocking off the NON VIP SECTION and pissy Chad.

Basically a roped off second level overlooking a club, below filled elbows to assholes. Once past the 7' tall security guard, through the red velvet rope, and up the stairs, you're welcomed by the heat of everyone below you rising upwards, STICKY black patent leather sofas covered in last night's booze, buckets of mid level alcohol on ice with a collection of mixers, a group of your friends having fun dancing and pointing at Chad whose stuck in the insanely crowded bar downstairs because he didn't want to pay for VIP "because it's a rip off guys", and your own personal 5 gallon bucket behind the velvet drapes for you to take a piss in so you don't have to go downstairs to battle the crowds.

Did I miss anything?

When Drakes in St Matthews first opened in 2011 they had a strict no hats on policy. I suppose because that first year that place turned into a night club past 10:00 and it was some weird rule.

I remember one Saturday that summer the crew had gotten together maybe at the Bonz Nation followed by dinner at Drakes. Chad absolutely refused to take off his patented fitted UK hat to gain admission and stormed off. Someone had to leave dinner to walk with him to some other establishment in St Matthews.

When Drakes in St Matthews first opened in 2011 they had a strict no hats on policy. I suppose because that first year that place turned into a night club past 10:00 and it was some weird rule.

I remember one Saturday that summer the crew had gotten together maybe at the Bonz Nation followed by dinner at Drakes. Chad absolutely refused to take off his patented fitted UK hat to gain admission and stormed off. Someone had to leave dinner to walk with him to some other establishment in St Matthews.

If I’ve already dropped a hundo at your bullshit establishment, I should be grandfathered in on your stupid, racist hat policy. Drakes is trash.

Sadly, the Cal of those Lamb videos is dead and has been replaced with whatever it is he is now. The John Calipari that told the Louisville player the Eric Bledsoe would kick his ass, is no more. The recruiting class for next year seems like players of old but I have no confidence in their coach.

Was talking about something similar with my good buddy @RibsAndWhiteBread & brother over an agreeable meal yesterday...

...as kids we couldn't wait for a Kentucky basketball game. We'd tune into Cawood and hang on his every word. In Jefferson Co. we'd argue with our Louisville friends at school over Kenny 'Skywalker' or 'Dr. Dunkenstein', 'King Rex' or 'Never Nervous Pervis'...

...the rivalry outcome would dictate our short-term happiness and grant us a Willy Wonka golden ticket ace card to breakout in heated lunchroom battles the rest of the year. You yourself felt you had vanquished your archenemies THE monster for another year. It was glorious!

Sadly with these past few years I've seen waining interest from my nephew and hear it is the same with his buddies, who's parents are dyed-in-the-wool cat fans. What used to be appointment viewing for a kid who can rattle off numbers and stats Rain Man style has really taken a back seat to Kentucky football, NBA games and soccer as his sporting interests.

Honestly can't blame him or young Kentucky fans whose passion doesn't reach white hot levels like ours did back then...they didn't come of age as the Unforgettables etched their lore into CBB history the hearts of the state or watched 40 minutes of hell with the Razorbacks and felt like your eyes had to be wired 'A Clockwork Orange' style if you wanted to keep up. They turn on a game and see a new cast of characters every year, so they don't get to "grow-up" with players and they see a style of play and subsequent outcomes that makes them question OUR commitment to the sport and sanity.

Anyways, expecting another slog that'll probably give Card fan more optimism than us going forward, despite the good guys prevailing.
There was nothing like laying out that rivalry special edition Courier-Journal on game day that had articles about every aspect of the matchup, not to mention a summary of all the past games. I required myself to read every word before tip-off. I was convinced we would lose otherwise.

Nick Smith Jr is out for Arkansas for "right knee management". According to Musselman ""He's out indefinitely. That's what it is," Musselman said. "There's nothing else. He's out indefinitely and he's going to continue to rehab the best he can."

He had already missed the first 6 games. Has he shut it down and going to be the Arkansas version of Shaedon Sharpe?

How you gonna leave out the names?

The model shared two additional posts on Instagram from her maternity shoot with daughter Zeela, noting in one of the captions that she did not plan on finding out the sex of her baby on the way until the infant's arrival.

In addition to Zen and Halo, Cannon also shares sons Rise Messiah, 10 weeks, and Golden Sagon, 5, as well as daughter Powerful Queen, 23 months, with model Brittany Bell.

He is also dad to daughter Beautiful Zeppelin, 6 weeks, and twins Zion and Zillion, 18 months, with Abby De La Rosa, as well as 11-year-old twins Monroe and Moroccan with ex-wife Mariah Carey. He also shares son Legendary Love, 5 months, with model Bre Tiesi and welcomed daughter Onyx Ice Cole, 3 months, with former Price Is Right model LaNisha Cole.

dave-chappelle-nick-cannon.gif

- Took my daughter out for a spin in her little car. Older dude out walking his dog saw my UK sweatshirt and started bitching about Cal. BBN is on edge, dude.

- Went for a run at lunch. Usually these unseasonably warm days take me to March and put a little hop in my step. Not today, instead my March thoughts were filled with dread. Thanks, Cal.

- 97 degree swing in temperature in a week here in Cincinnati/NKy lol

-I took my neighbor’s new dog on a run this morning and had a similar feeling, @wcc. BS.

Speaking of my neighbor’s new dog, does anyone want to adopt him? He needs more exercise than she can provide (which is why I’ve been running him) and needs to be in an only dog household (she has another dog). He’s probably around 2 years old. Serious replies only.

-Is there anything toddlers like more than pirates booty? Maybe Blippi?

-The husband of my good friend in Nashville (Keely) had a double transplant (heart/kidney) yesterday/today. He’s awake and talking. Amazing. Please sign up to donate your organs.
Ky Organ Donor

So, Frederick is out due to the finger dislocation for “a few weeks”?

Is a non-fracture finger dislocation really something that takes that long to heal? Shit, didn’t Levis dislocate a finger on his throwing hand and continue playing or was that his left?

Anyone else watching the Barstool Bowl? Pretty good change of pace in bow season for a game I wouldn’t care about otherwise.

Portnoy just called a Wyoming DB a moron and said they should revoke his scholarship for a targeting hit.

- Took my daughter out for a spin in her little car. Older dude out walking his dog saw my UK sweatshirt and started bitching about Cal. BBN is on edge, dude.

- Went for a run at lunch. Usually these unseasonably warm days take me to March and put a little hop in my step. Not today, instead my March thoughts were filled with dread. Thanks, Cal.

- 97 degree swing in temperature in a week here in Cincinnati/NKy lol
No ****ing weather bitching from you or dk. This is your season. Take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT