ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really excited to see us play a team with a pulse tonight. Also excited to see if we can show we're a top ten team right now. I think we are. Ohio University or not I'm pouring up and enjoying tonight.

Speaking of, wife picked up a bottle of Longbranch last night. That's as smooth of a $30 pick as you're going to get. Hope to imbibe irresponsibly this evening.

Not sure what it is, but the vibe of the big blue nation is just off right now. Really disappointed that the Stoops-Vandy comments permeated into the week. Couple that with people dissecting every long two we took in a 25 point smack down, and its just enough. We get it. You aren't happy. Please stop dragging our athletic programs into your misery.

I wonder if that anything to do with the general mood/temp of the population in my lovely home state, but that's for another day.

Go Cats

We should make Vince the highest paid recruiting coordinator in the country. I believe Marrow is more valuable than Stoops.

What game have you thought that’s such a well coached bunch? We handle clock management, in most cases, like a 1st grader playing Madden. He’s normally screaming and yelling at an official. While talent is doing what it is supposed to do.

Without Vince, we are screwed in football.

Last edited:
Speaking of coaching turnover and take this for whatever it’s worth and criticize me if you want. But i have a friend of a friend down here that swears if Miami job comes open, stoops is DEFINITELY in play. I told him about all the pros of staying at UK: 1) friendly contract; 2) job security; 3)flush with sec tv $$; 4) young kids; 5) etc, etc, etc. His response was simple, “if it comes open, he’s in play. I have no idea if manny Diaz will be let go but he seems to be underachieving there.

If “in play” means Miami wants him, then of course they do. But that job actually sucks right now. And I’m not afraid of losing Stoops to the Hurricanes at all.
I agree. Miami has historically not paid coaches very well and until recently had crap facilities which I think they are improving now. But not a complete rebuild (they always recruit well), play in weaker conf, and can win national championships when get it right.

Larry Coker
Randy Shannon
Al Golden
Mark Richt
Manny Diaz

That’s their last 4 coaching hires. For years they have struggled with a lack of commitment to winning, and former President Donna Shalala more or less sabotaged the entire program.

I agree. Miami has historically not paid coaches very well and until recently had crap facilities which I think they are improving now. But not a complete rebuild (they always recruit well), play in weaker conf, and can win national championships when get it right.
Stoops has indicated to people here in Lexington that the relationship with Miami was sour and he wouldn't go back.

Can you imagine how cool Miami would be with Stoops and Vince?

Now, I don’t wanna say this, it feels dirty l, but oh so right…

Can you imagine them down there with Tomma Jurich???? Holy big ol titties and cash money. Miami would be Miami again.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
We should make Vince the highest paid recruiting coordinator in the country. I believe Marrow is more valuable than Stoops.

You don't think UK can't get an equal in term$ of judging talent and acquiring recruit$ the way Vince i$ doing it?

And FYI...the band leader is more valuable than Stoops.

With or without Vince, UK will be a mediocre to average program...have a couple of good seasons, coupled with a few typical 5-7 win seasons....same as it has been for years.

You don't think UK can't get an equal in term$ of judging talent and acquiring recruit$ the way Vince i$ doing it?

With or without Vince, UK will be a mediocre to average program...have a couple of good seasons, coupled with a few typical 5-7 win seasons....same as it has been for years.
Awesome post! Truly fascinating!

Now do UNC Football?

What game have you thought that’s such a well coached bunch? We handle clock management, in most cases, like a 1st grader playing Madden. He’s normally screaming and yelling at an official. While talent is doing what it is supposed to do.

LSU game this year was perhaps the most complete game coached in Stoops' tenure.

-Winning on the road against a Heisman winner as 28 point dogs
-Beating a top 10 Penn State team with a senior All Big Ten QB on New Year's Day
-Complete dismantling of UT in Knoxville
-Winning in the Swamp
-Consistently getting kids drafted that weren't ever supposed to be, most notable of them all taking a WR that wanted to be a DE and turning him into a Pro Bowler.
-Until this year, consistently fielding a defense in the top 20 in the country at KENTUCKY

I mean, I like you Brady and am not trying to be a dick, but GTFOH with that bullshit.

-I think Stoops is great for UK. With Vince. With that said there are some weaknesses.

- In the last three weeks he was pretty much even money in Vegas with UT and MSU. We see how those games went.

-When have we played well off a bye week?

-NFL Talent comes from our recruiting. Which I think is the best thing we have going for UK football.

-We didn’t cover a WR twice against UF. How many Special Teams and mistakes like this have happened?

- I think Stoops is probably 8/10 for UK football and I think Vince is a 10/10. I want Stoops to coach UK for the next twenty years with Vince draggin ’ his nuts on the recruiting scene.

-For UK, Stoops and Vince are as good as it gets as long as they are together.

-Cole, STFU

-there are one or two PROVEN *elite* coaches in cfb. Saban and Dabo.

-the lack of understanding of how hard it is to build a *consistent* winner in cfb...and just how bad UK has been for it's history is staggering.

-stoops irritates the hell outta me sometimes...but he's done a hell of a job all things considered. He will continue to grow/get better....as most folks do. If you are truly disappointed in UK football right now...learn football.

Not sure if the salaries are updated and current, but if Brad White gets 875K for this defense then Marrow should be more than 900K.

That said didn’t we go through this last year with Marrow and MSU?

Did Stoops do something to UKO personally? His takes, while consistently awful, are on another level of preposterous with Stoops. You can't find an ounce of reason in them.

Just a guess when it comes to that mental midget:

-Has (a lot) more money
-Is single
-Knows football
-Better golfer
-Has friends

I could certainly go one but I think we're on the right trail.

Cornhole memories: I teamed up with Jon Hood at Madness back in the day. Lots of beer involved, Reds talk, UK talk, etc.. Nobody could touch us. Total domination. Jorts was decent, but no match for me and Hoodie. Funniest part of the night was teaching cornhole to Kanter. His English was better than I expected. His game sucked. But his personality and sense of humor was pretty damn cool. He would’ve been a huge fan favorite if he’d been able to play.

Matt dropping rumors, confirmed or not, on the biggest media platform in the state about UK's head football coach being a candidate for a high profile SEC job the morning before senior day (and a recruiting weekend) and a few weeks before signing period probably doesn't help his cause over on Lexington Avenue.

I GET IT (I guess), but also sows just a slight bit of doubt over the altruistic spin you sometimes put on your business. Almost seems spiteful, which would strike me as a bold strategy with UK.

JMO.

Only a tiny man can punch up

bitchy twats on here

This is absolutely the most political “non political” event every single time. These world leaders get the biggest hard on every 2 years to flex their Cold War muscles and impose their views on such a grand stage.

Stay home, then, dickface. Past your bedtime anyways.
Absolutely. No reason to take a stand against communism. Or genocide. Or mass fentanyl production. Or making dissidents and journalists disappear. Or their aggression in Hong Kong or Taiwan or the South China Sea.

Reactions: NotchLickKat
On one hand, it’s kind of obvious Stoops will be a candidate somewhere this off season as the carousel is going to span pretty wide.

OTOH, didnt Stoops just agree to an ext adding the 2027 season onto his contract last week?

Reactions: bradyjames
Matt dropping rumors, confirmed or not, on the biggest media platform in the state about UK's head football coach being a candidate for a high profile SEC job the morning before senior day (and a recruiting weekend) and a few weeks before signing period probably doesn't help his cause over on Lexington Avenue.

I GET IT (I guess), but also sows just a slight bit of doubt over the altruistic spin you sometimes put on your business. Almost seems spiteful, which would strike me as a bold strategy with UK.

JMO.
When you start your take with “Matt”, your take sucks.

Reactions: cole854
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT